Your favourite Fast Food joints

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Nemix77, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Nemix77
    OP

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I'm in Canada and mine are:

KFC
    Popeyes
    McDonald's
    Burger King
    Harvey's
    Wendy's
    Taco Bell
    Subway
    Pizza Pizza
    Pizza Hut
    Swiss Chalet (not exactly fast food but not that healthy either)
    and pretty much every Chinese fast food restaurant ...

If I don't have at fast food at least once every 2-3 weeks or so, I get a craving and normal food will start to get bland.

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    QUIT that shit years ago cause it's addicting as crack cocaine. Carls Jr (hardees) was pretty damn on point, Jack In The Box had a good variety when doubles and mcchickens get old. I used to constantly go to fast food and I literally got my order fucked up about 45% of the time, I obviously blame this "free market" system that is turning Americans into the 21st century Chinese slaves

3. overdriver

overdriver Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    I mainly go to Subway & Panda Express(Chinese). I hypnotizing myself that these two are better than the rest of fast food restaurants.
    I go to McDonalds only for breakfast if I have a chance. Sometimes, Chipotle or Rubio's for Mexican food is not bad choice either.

4. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Subway is where i go for fast food. I just like fresh ingredients more but i do enjoy Burger King and McDonald.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  5. Nemix77
    OP

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Subway is good but I can make a sandwich almost as good as Subway at home, it's there when I want a lighter choice on the road.

I love fried chicken and I cannot replicate KFC's recipe no matter so I always feel like getting fried chicken from either KFC or Popeyes every couple weeks or so.

When it comes to burgers I prefer Harvey's (Canadian) and Wendy's but their locations are sparse which makes me go to Burger King more often.

For Pizza I prefer Pizza Pizza (Canadian) or Pizza Nova (Canadian) but I'll also settle for Pizza Hut or Pizzaville (Canadian) sometimes.

I don't know why but Canadian fast food chains just taste more like food (less fast fast artificial taste) and feel lighter (less fat) to me with the exception of Subway and Mr. Sub (Canadian) which are identical to me minus the price and locations.

6. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Subway and Carl's Jr are my favorite. Taco Del Mar has some pretty great stuff too. Burger King isn't bad but their prices are retarded when I can just go to Carl's Jr and get twice the burger for the same price.
    McDicks is complete garbage. I can't believe the prices are so high and you get basically nothing.
    Domino's is good when they do those 50% off anything sales. Especially since the website is so broken and you can get pizzas for way cheaper than you normally would.
    New York Fries is probably my top choice but I live no where near any NYF storefronts. I lived off those bundles of heaven for like 3 days during a band trip in grade 11.

Random note but I also miss pretty much any fastfood place I went to in Finland. God damn I dunno what they do to their fries but they're all amazing.

7. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    Culver's is pretty good.

8. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    In order i'd go with in n out, subway, panda express and carls jr. not really a fan of fast food but I have in n out about once a week or so.

9. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Found the Californian (though I guess you could be Texan or even from Arizona or New Mexico at this point). lol At least they should be bringing In N Out north one state, so I'll be able to get my hands on it eventually.

Lemme see:
    I get McDonalds often because it's the closest and I like their nuggets and fries.
    I really like the foot long cony from Sonic, and their shakes are pretty good too.
    I like the curly fries at Jack in the Box.
    I like quesadillas from Taco Bell.
    I like lots of stuff from Carls Jr, but fuck their prices. It's cheaper for me to eat elsewhere, and elsewhere is all closer to me, so I usually pick any of the above places.

I used to like Subway, but I can't be assed to go to either of the locations near me, so I haven't gotten it since I lived in my old town.

Anfroid likes this.
  10. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Subway, Burger King (srsly BK have the best fries ever), and uh that's about it

Unless Pizza Express and Naked Pizza count as fast food?

11. Nemix77
    OP

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I can't believe I left out Taco Bell, it's a must for me every time I get KFC since they are both under the same restaurant where I live.

Yeah something about fast food if you grew up in North America and don't eat for a long time, you miss it a lot (cravings in other words).

12. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    Yes, yes you did.B-)

13. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Oh my gosh, In N Out is the greatest. I go every time I'm there in CA. Whataburger is pretty okay-ish, too.

14. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Burger king
    Subway
    Taco bell
    Illegal burrito
    KFC
    Popeye's
    Little Caesar
    Pizza hut
    Panda express
    Hardies/Carl's Jr.
    Five guys
    Wendys
    Sonic

Also I really would really love to try in n out but they are way no far away (we don't got any In LA)

15. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I dunno if this technically counts as fast food, but since Subway is thrown in the mix I guess it would.

Jimmy John's is my absolute favorite, and pretty much the only "fast food" place I'll eat at nowadays. They have a place that's ~5 minutes from the office I work in, so every now and again if my boss doesn't buy us all lunch I'll order a sandwich from them.

I think the only other fast food restaurant I eat at after Jimmy John's would be Panda Express, they make some pretty nice Chinese food that I'll grab every now and again.

16. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    I just go to restaurants now. They're cheaper than fast food joints nowadays.

17. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I rarely ever go now but if there's one then it's Subway. Although, I used to go to Burger King a lot but the burgers weren't really hot at all and I'd rather eat elsewhere.

KFC seems to have pretty good reputation but I've not been there in years.

18. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Captain D's? A China Buffett? That's all, the stuff is bad for ya!

19. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    The closest I go to fast food is non chain pizza joints. Fast food is gross, the food quality is poor, the sanitary conditions in those places are poor, the taste is poor, and to top it off you feel like crap after eating it. People who gorge of fast food are also gross to look for the most part.
    My choice for fast takeout is a small family run Lebanese restaurant that that makes the best wraps I've ever tasted.

20. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    In-N-Out Burger, best fast food joint hands down. I know a lot of you have yet to have the pleasure. Taco Bell is my guilty pleasure food.