Your Dialect

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
matrix121391 said:
I speak English perfectly, but ironically, Cantonese, my native language, I speak with a sort of English-influenced accent.

Everyone born overseas (especially in English speaking countries) will definitely have an accent in Cantonese. Go back to HK for a month and your Cantonese will be fixed
smile.gif

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Italiano.

I speak like a Florentine (Is that it in English?), which is basically the greatest common denominator of Italian languages (The official, if you will).

In English, I like to think that I speak like a mid-wester (That's the neutral choice.), But I've studied in North Carolina, so I say Y'all rather than you (plural).

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought dialect was like language

but erm i speak english regularly?
and mandarin with a bit of an american accent i guess

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
My accent is a weird amalgam of several accents, because I pronounce every word the way I like it pronounced (i.e. in a dialect that pronounces it in a way that appeals to me).

(Except that horrible horrible accent that Lister has in Red Dwarf, that's just terrible. Or is it more of a dialect? Makes me cringe every time. And his speech isn't even one of the more extreme examples of the hideous gabble.)

You obviously have a very poor grasp on the spoken English language.

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
I think they were referring to you "pronouncing things the way you want to pronounce them", which probably makes talking to you very interesting.
Pronunciation can be very important.

As for Lister, Craig Charles barely has an accent. If you don't like the way he speaks don't bother going to the UK.

I speak South Wales/Cardiff English with an pseudo-English accent. My Canadian wife still can't understand me properly after more than 3 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up