Gaming You want to hear the meaning of "bad luck"?

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I bought my son a PSP a couple of weeks ago, we were supposed to share it. That didnt go too well, I wanted one for myself dammit! Anyway, I decided to take the plunge and buy myself one today. Went to Bestbuy after work, luckily they had the Daxter pack, which I wanted (that is where my good luck ended obviously). Got home, spent an hour trying to penetrate the blister pack and take everything out, turn on the psp, and low and behold, there is a dead pixel RIGHT in the middle of the screen! I kept hoping it was a piece of dust, but nope, wouldnt wipe off. I was pissed, so I rushed back to bestbuy, hoping they would exchange it for me without charging me a restocking fee, since I had already destroyed the packaging! Well, after having the girl inspect it and try to tell me it was ok, and me having to show her the pixel, they let me get a new one. Get home, tear open the packaging again, and YAY, no dead pixel this time. About an hour later, Im carrying it with me in the kitchen while it's updating to 3.90 M-33. I put it on the counter, fill up a cup with coke, go to greap the psp, and BAM! It slips out of my hand and falls on the TILE floor. I wanted to die. It APPEARS to be working fine still, although it has a nice nick on the top right hand corner, grrrrrr
hate2.gif
Im so pissed at myself for dropping it on the FIRST DAY I got it! And now I'm worried that maybe something broke and it's not showing up yet. Anyway, had to vent.

P.S. Although this isn't directly affecting my PSP, this lady backed into my car while I was in the lot of Bestbuy! She decided it was great idea to zoom backwards without looking first. She then tried to say that my car was too low, which is why she couldnt see it. Anyway, there was no major damage, but she still hit me pretty damn hard

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, hard day brother. As far as the PSP, I wouldn't worry too much. If it was broke you'd know it. Also where is the nick? You might want to look into replaceing the faceplate if thats the effected area, pretty inexpensive. Decalgirl.com has some nice ones and installation is easy. Though I must warn it voids the warrenty. But I assume you are planning on running a custom firmware anyway? Goodluck.

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, hard day indeed lol. The nick is on the top part of the faceplate, so I could replace it. I was thinking of buying a cool new faceplate anyway... It really isn't noticeable though, Im more worried about any internal damage that might have happened to it. I'll try to reassure myself though that it seems to be working ok for now. I tried both a UMD game and off the memory stick, so far so good.....

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The umd would have been the main concern. Test all the buttons, make sure they are still making good contact and then count your self lucky.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Falls on the floor while updating to CFW?!! And working??!! You CAN call yourself lucky!
biggrin.gif

The pandora battery might've come off or something and may brick your PSP or yes, you may have internal damage but since it is still working, you are still lucky.

And NEVER drink coke while updating firmwares....
tongue.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you would advise him to lie?

They were understanding the first time around, and exchanged it despite the fact that he destroyed the package (most places will specify that if the package is destroyed you're out of luck and most sensible people retain all materials for this reason) and the fact that many retailers and hardware manufacturers have a policy of not replacing on account of dead pixels because its a too common phenomenon in these devices.

But apparently, if it were you in his place, rather than take responsibility for your own accident, you'd go exploit them further for no apparent reason apart from your personal gratification. Because evidently, that's just the kind of person you are. Bravo. I think we should all take advice from people like CorruptJon more often.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:

They were understanding the first time around, and exchanged it despite the fact that he destroyed the package (most places will specify that if the package is destroyed you're out of luck and most sensible people retain all materials for this reason) and the fact that many retailers and hardware manufacturers have a policy of not replacing on account of dead pixels because its a too common phenomenon in these devices.

But apparently, if it were you in his place, rather than take responsibility for your own accident, you'd go exploit them further for no apparent reason apart from your personal gratification. Because evidently, that's just the kind of person you are. Bravo. I think we should all take advice from people like CorruptJon more often.
LOL. You are a member of a website that is 99% PIRATES, and YOU are probably one too. So before you post telling me that I have no morals, go delete those $5,000 dollars worth of PSP, DS, and GBA games that you STOLE.

Plus, cut the "man up and take responsibilities for your actions" bullshit. I mean come on, it was obviously an accident, and having a broken PSP affects him way more than it does if the store gets one back. Not to mention a store that makes TONS of money every day.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
CorruptJon, solange82200 dropped the PSP while pouring coke on a cup. He IS responsible for his actions.

In the first place why would you do something dangerous while handling your unit and then return it saying it was an accident? He even admitted it was his fault when he said "IM SO PISSED AT MYSELF"...

The only reason he could have returned the PSP is because of the dead pixel, which was acquired before it was even opened.

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Im a "she" lol. Also, I already had my regular battery in, but I was doing the automatic update from 3.80 to 3.90, so maybe that helped.

Also Dib, maybe I misunderstood what you said, but I had every single part of the package. The problem is that it's a blister pack, and you know how hard those are to open. I was exaggerating when I said I destroyed it. I would have been pretty pissed if they hadn't done the exchange, the PSP was bought literally 1 hour before, and there is no way I would have kept a system that I paid 200 bucks for with a dead pixel smack in the middle of the screen! And no way I would have waited a month or however long it takes for Sony to do an exchange. But anyway, it appears to be working fine, and dont worry, I'm not going to take it back and try to say that it came with a nick on the top corner, I dont think they will buy that lol. They said that I had 30 days to get the replacement service? or whatever it is, the extra warranty, so I will go back and do that, in case anything does go wrong in the future.

Thank you all for making me laugh though lol, I needed it
smile.gif

P.S. I wasnt holding it while pouring the coke in the cup. I put it down on the counter, poured the coke and was finished, had the cup in my left hand, and went to pick up the psp with my right hand, and it slipped. Stupid, yes, but not as stupid as holding it while pouring coke!

crazyazn5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well my brother jumped up trying to hit the ceiling in a parking garage and the psp dropped out of his pocket. I find that worse... on cement...

Hard day for you huh? Hope your luck turns around, go bet on something lol.

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:

That was totally uncalled for. All he was doing was suggesting something that, depending on what kind of person you are, might help you a lot. It's not like people haven't done worse. I guarantee that at least 1/4 to 1/2 of the people on this site have downloaded and played so many ROMs that they have exploited the game company's for more than whatever this man bought the PSP for. There was no reason for you to flame him like you did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course