Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair decompiled for Wii U port?

Andre4697532

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently come to find out about Sonic Mania being ported to the Wii U through decompilation and it made me wonder if Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair could be brought over as well. I'm thinking that since The Impossible Lair is a 2.5D game, has a low gigabyte size and isn't all that graphically demanding, it might be possible to play on the Wii U. This is probably nothing more than a pipe-dream, but I'm curious to see what others think about this idea.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently come to find out about Sonic Mania being ported to the Wii U through decompilation and it made me wonder if Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair could be brought over as well. I'm thinking that since The Impossible Lair is a 2.5D game, has a low gigabyte size and isn't all that graphically demanding, it might be possible to play on the Wii U. This is probably nothing more than a pipe-dream, but I'm curious to see what others think about this idea.
It could be possible but it depends if it gets decompiled as of now there are a few Decompilation projects.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decompiling games is a very lengthy process, it can take years to decompile even an N64 game. While it's possible that Yooka Laylee could be decomped, even if it were in the works, you would still likely be a very long ways from getting to the point to just seeing if it could even run decently on a Wii U.

I recommend looking to see what games were recently decompiled or about to be decompiled to see what you might want to get excited for in the more near future. For example, Perfect Dark was recently decompiled, very excited to see if we'll see a Wii U port of that on the near future.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I seen Perfect Dark being done also goldeneye was being worked on tbh a lot of N64 Titles where being worked on but hadn't seen much from it Would be cool to see Jak & Dexter get ported since there's already a PC port

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol