Yet another game has been delayed as Cyberpunk 2077's release moves to September

header (1).jpg

This week is a week of rampant delays, with another game falling victim, following the delays of the Final Fantasy VII Remake and Marvel's Avengers. Delayed from its planned launch in April is Cyberpunk 2077, one of the year's most anticipated games. CD Projekt Red, the team behind the game, believes that while Cyberpunk 2077 is fully playable, it still needs more development time, to ensure a quality release with each of its features fully realized, without bugs. This delay has set the game's release date back to September 17, 2020. Considering the fact that the game has been in development since 2012, another five months isn't that long of an extra wait comparatively.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fkin kno what punk made this decision and why lol gotta buy a new fkin dairy now - glad I work in a shop so can get half price :lol:

Reactions: Lazyboss

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This week is a week of rampant delays, with another game falling victim, following the delays of the Final Fantasy VII Remake and Marvel's Avengers. Delayed from its planned launch in April is Cyberpunk 2077, one of the year's most anticipated games. CD Projekt Red, the team behind the game, believes that while Cyberpunk 2077 is fully playable, it still needs more development time, to ensure a quality release with each of its features fully realized, without bugs. This delay has set the game's release date back to September 17, 2020. Considering the fact that the game has been in development since 2012, another five months isn't that long of an extra wait comparatively.

:arrow: Source

I was almost ready to Pre-Order this game, but somehow I suspected it would get delayed yet again after-all its been in development for 8 years now, so I have reason to be skeptical on a "real release date". I mean at this point I even have doubts that it'll be release September 17th 2020 a whole 2 days before my birthday, it just seems to good to be true.

I seriously hope this game does release though, and that it's as good, or even better the The Witcher 3. I know regardless of all this I'll buy it Day 1 anyway, cause I don't plan on Pre-Ordering, so here's to hope.

Last edited by Proto-Propski, , Reason: Removed Hell From Development

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Been in development for like 8 years now... by a huge studio... and they still need more time to work out bugs and stuff?:/ 5 months is too long a wait for just bugfixing, especially in today's world where we have games being released out the wazoo, it sounds more like an excuse to hide the fact they don't have something as good as they claimed at this point.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Really bummed out about this, cyberpunk is the only game I've ever had preordered.
I imagined spending my summer playing this game, because I'll be extremely busy the rest of the year :glare:

now you can play Pokemon Diamond instead. ;O;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.