'Baldur’s Gate 3' to officially launch almost a month early on PC but PS5 version delayed by a week

baldurs gate 3.jpg

Today, developer Larian Studios have made an unusual announcement in the video games industry: that their upcoming game Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch earlier than expected. More specifically, the launch of the PC version of the game has been moved up to August 3rd, instead of the original August 31st date. However, there is a trade-off to this news as the PS5 version of the game has been delayed to September 6, a week later than expected.

This move has likely been influenced to not coincide too closely with the launch of other big titles like Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty. To have an idea of what to expect out of Baldur’s Gate 3 ahead of its launch, be sure to check out our review of the Early Access version of the game!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I like what I saw with the video. I will wait for the full release and see the reviews before I buy.
Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition is on sale for $18 if you want to see what the most recent Larian game plays like. It is a CRPG, so it will have a number of things in common with BG3, just not the D&D ruleset stuff (which is admittedly implemented very well).

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also announced that they are still working on the Xbox version. The issue is getting the Co-op to work on the series S due to its weaker specs. Microsoft is working with them on the issue. Personally, I think they will most likely do like they did on Switch with Divinity: Original Sin 2 and release the Xbox version without Co-op, which would still be way way better than not getting it at all..

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since the big devs hardly spend any time these days on their ports to PC, it makes sense it is arriving before the PS5 version.
Larian is a PC-first dev and the game's been on Steam early access since 2020 lol. It does make sense they're finished with that build first.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts