Yet another game has been delayed as Cyberpunk 2077's release moves to September

header (1).jpg

This week is a week of rampant delays, with another game falling victim, following the delays of the Final Fantasy VII Remake and Marvel's Avengers. Delayed from its planned launch in April is Cyberpunk 2077, one of the year's most anticipated games. CD Projekt Red, the team behind the game, believes that while Cyberpunk 2077 is fully playable, it still needs more development time, to ensure a quality release with each of its features fully realized, without bugs. This delay has set the game's release date back to September 17, 2020. Considering the fact that the game has been in development since 2012, another five months isn't that long of an extra wait comparatively.

:arrow: Source

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really bummed out about this, cyberpunk is the only game I've ever had preordered.
I imagined spending my summer playing this game, because I'll be extremely busy the rest of the year :glare:

Yeah, just be ready for whenever it does release, and keep in mind there's a lot of really good games coming out this year that you can look into such as the Resident Evil 3 Remake, The Last of Us 2, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Bravely Default 2, No More Heroes 3, and way much more. I know I'm really excited for NMH3, however I have much more to hold me over too with a back log the size of a Lexicon.

To be honest it is kinda sad, I was really hoping it wasn't gonna be delayed... again. However this Open World Cyberpunk game has been in development for 8 years now, and has been restarted several times before, so it should be somewhat expected at this point to get delayed, especially if they have to polish the game a bit, and iron out the bugs, so it releases with the respectable quality, and care we have come to know with CDPR. It's better to wait a bit more for QC then to rush a project that has been in development for almost a decade, we all know the Crackdown 3 effect.

Last edited by Proto-Propski, , Reason: Removed Hell From Development

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this rate doom eternal and animal crossing are going to get delayed too.
At least RE3 remake looks mostly complete.

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small possibilty but do you think they are trying to see if a switch release can be acheived? if it can the delay makes sense as this couldn't be done by April.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small possibilty but do you think they are trying to see if a switch release can be acheived? if it can the delay makes sense as this couldn't be done by April.
Cmon this won't be out on switch for another few years :lol: be ported to the next switch :D

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No problem, actually now I will have some free time to play FF7.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In any case they are just slowly kicking it forwards to do a simultaneous nextgen release.

Reactions: wartutor

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been in development for like 8 years now... by a huge studio... and they still need more time to work out bugs and stuff?:/ 5 months is too long a wait for just bugfixing, especially in today's world where we have games being released out the wazoo, it sounds more like an excuse to hide the fact they don't have something as good as they claimed at this point.

You don't understand, the IP as a whole may have been in development for 8 Years, but the IP has openly restarted it's development several times, so the actual game build we saw in the game-play trailers, that might only have been in development for 2-3 Years, so it's valid for them to want to delay it for bug fixing, especially after so many development restarts, they want to avoid a Crackdown 3.

I get your concern, but there's more to this that you can openly look into, don't jump to conclusions just yet. Just don't pre-order it, and wait until reviews, or the game releases to draw a valid whole conclusion.

Reactions: CamulaHikari

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was almost ready to Pre-Order this game, but somehow I suspected it would get delayed yet again after-all its been in development hell for 8 years now, so I have reason to be skeptical on a "real release date".
Was it development hell or just a long development?
Development hell normally gets reserved for times when publishers/investors/higher ups change requirements on people at the last minute (usually change of genre or suddenly we need multiplayer but occasionally when more features get added and added), when publishers change, sometimes when you get a late in the day engine change, if not engine then industry sea change and suddenly there is new hardware out, maybe like some of the fun Aliens Colonial Marines got where there were allegations of fraud, when promised cash gets delayed or removed, when key players (various directors, technical leads, lead writers...) in the development get removed/leave the company... the sorts of things that usually lead to a game tanking or not being released at all.
I have not heard any of that. At best we got some people wondering about crunch time style development being employed here, which was answered by several people in the thick of it saying "all good here".

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it development hell or just a long development?
Development hell normally gets reserved for times when publishers/investors/higher ups change requirements on people at the last minute (usually change of genre or suddenly we need multiplayer but occasionally when more features get added and added), when publishers change, sometimes when you get a late in the day engine change, if not engine then industry sea change and suddenly there is new hardware out, maybe like some of the fun Aliens Colonial Marines got where there were allegations of fraud, when promised cash gets delayed or removed, when key players (various directors, technical leads, lead writers...) in the development get removed/leave the company... the sorts of things that usually lead to a game tanking or not being released at all.
I have not heard any of that. At best we got some people wondering about crunch time style development being employed here, which was answered by several people in the thick of it saying "all good here".

Well paint me incorrect on my terminology then, and pardon that ignorance, I'll make some edits to those posts. I assumed incorrectly that Development Hell was just writers fluff, for Long Development.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind how long a release takes, as a well polished and bug tested game is better than a quick ride on the hype train only to find it's wheels fall off.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I was planning to buy this on steam this week, well it's a good thing I haven't yet because it's just going to sit a while in my library. Atleast now I have more time for ff7, re3, animal crossing, etc...

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning to buy this on steam this week, well it's a good thing I haven't yet because it's just going to sit a while in my library. Atleast now I have more time for ff7, re3, animal crossing, etc...
downloadfile.jpg
She said do you remember me

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good. It means that they're not overworking their developers to push the release date.

For those of you who forgot, CD Projekt Red was under fire for encouraging crunch (forcing developers to work insane hours -think "no weekend, can't see family when home since they're all asleep" shit- release deadlines rather than delaying them) a year or so ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!