yet again i manage to royally mess up

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pokeball122, Mar 14, 2019.

1. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    uhhh... hello again...okay heres the spill.

i installed enso ex didnt work properly so i went back to normal enso still didnt work properly so i uninstalled endo entirely and now i cant even use the vita because it sez that to use the memory card i can
    1: update the console (really dont wanna do this one)
    or
    2: format the memory card and lose all my songs game data ecetera

im not sure if updating would be the better option because i already have everything installed (i only deleted enso)

please help

this is actually depressing... i cant even do what i did last time coz again it wont let me access the memory card until i do one of the above

seriously im begging

(edit: just realized that im basically asking if its safe to update)

Last edited by pokeball122, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well if you update ota, you jump to the highest firmware available you lose access to CFW, probably best to backup your data if you can, why you mess around with Enso ex and Enso, you should really be using Enso only not ex.

3. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    uhhh, your right i wont deny it. i just thought that having a "better" version would pay off well

and no, i cant back it up. even if i wanted to i wouldnt know how

i really wanna avoid updating or formating the card.

just kill me now

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well if you got it on micro SD then it wouldnt be too bad, all your data is on a Sony Memory Card?

5. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    yeah, its on a sony branded memory card

6. Kazuto-Z-

Kazuto-Z- Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    Macau
    Reinstall your firmware

Panzer_Baboon likes this.
  7. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    you'll either need a second mem card or a second vita to regain access without formatting, or you will have to format and start all over

8. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    I'll try using a different mem card

Now suppose the different mem card method didn't work, how would I go about reinstalling the firmware

9. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Reinstall fw will still not give you access to mem card, once you get second mem card use card unlock app (https://github.com/cnsldv/CardUnlock)

You will have to transfer card unlock to ur0 using app manager plus (https://github.com/theheroGAC/AppManager-Plus)

10. j100

j100 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    Germany
    Hmmm... had the same issue yesterday after VitaShell crashed, enso worked just fine for a few boots, then i tried installing my Sd2Vita, wich was apparently broken so i had to load without plugins, but then after disabling it in config, vitashell crashed and i got the "update to use your memcard" issue as well. I did end up formatting, but you could try (like mentioned above) instaling card unlock and moving it to the internal storage.

11. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017

Please could you find a toutorial or somethin for me please. I'd rather not mess my vita up again so id rather prefer to have some kind of visual guide. (If that isn't too much trouble, of course.

12. Vinceherman

Vinceherman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom

try reading the enso ex thread on reddit, they are helping lots of peeps out with the same issue, here's one post that should help you out, just make sure you are on 3.65 firmware yourself:

level 4
    cry0sync
    1 point · 5 days ago

I fixed it by reinstalling the official 3.65 firmware, and then going back and reinstalling h-encore and Enso and all the other hacks.

I followed the guide from this post, under the “3.65 Manual Update” section: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/azl27m/biweekly_questions_thread_edition_39_end_of

13. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017

just tryed it and unless i did something wrong (highly likely) it didnt work
    still cant access the memory card to do anything with it

14. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    I don't know if there's a tutorial out there, I've posted it a while back in another post but can't remember which one, it's pretty simple though, once you get you're new mem card, just plug it in and install henkaku if on 3.60 and h-encore if on 3.65+, if you want install enso, then install both apps i linked above, open app manager plus and find card unlock ( i also moved vitashell so i can access without mem card), move to ur0 and then exit app and shutdown vita. Remove mem card and power on vita without mem card, then rerun henkaku/h-encore (not needed if you have enso installed) and run card unlock then insert locked mem card and follow prompts in app, make sure to select no when asked and it will give you access to mem card again without formatting.

Edit: forget what i said earlier enso is necessary to do this, make sure you install enso first.

Last edited by kaymynd, Mar 18, 2019 at 1:02 AM
  15. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017

would i have to do this every time or just once?

16. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    As long as you keep spoof settings on just once.

17. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    aaaand how new of a mem card we talkin? like new just purchased no data on it, that kinda thing or will a formatable one work also?

coz sony are skum and those tiny pieces of plastic aint cheap (as im sure you know)

18. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Doesn't have to be new just as long as you can format it, i have a 4gb backup that i bought used. Definitely lol they are still pretty expensive especially brand new lol

19. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Out of curiousity, what are you upset about losing? I remember I had a really nice Soul Sacrifice save I was pissed to lose at one point, but then I found one online that was better.

20. pokeball122
    OP

pokeball122 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    well ya see, im what the anime peoples would call a perv and having so many "echi" games and losing all of them would make me kms

kidding, but the losing all data (game saves, hacked versions of games, the music that i cant be arsed to redownload) + if i lose it all ill have zero games to play anyway (not exactly but close enuf to zero)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also what do you mean by "move it to ur0? like to root of it orthe "app" folder in it, askin cuz im kinda dumb and couldnt find download for app manager pluss