Yakuza Remastered Collection features three games, with better performance and revised localizations

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 20, 2019.

1. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Right you are. Hm... I definitely remember seeing a trailer drop for the Japanese version a couple weeks after Kiwami 2 came out in America. But I even checked my watch history to no avail. I think I must have seen the trailer for just regular Yakuza 3 on PS4, or I'm just going mad, lol.

In that case, yay! It's finally here!

Last edited by AaronUzumaki, Aug 20, 2019 - Reason: Context
    EmulateLife likes this.
  2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Ive pld 3 of them and ain't they all different story's so no need to play whatever came first or is ther a timeline in them

3. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I hope I can get the limited edition, if I have to buy digital I'll probably wait for the PC release.

4. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    So far, a PlayStation 4 version has always been announced first, with the PC version arriving a few months later. Considering 0, K1, K2 are on Steam,and 6 was rated for a PC release iirc, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for this. PlayStation just has to have the timed exclusivity for a bit.

Silent_Gunner and Godofcheese like this.
  5. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Wonder if Sega will throw the Switch a bone and port that Japanese Wii U Yakuza HD game over for the West.

6. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    can't wait for these... a same they all don't come out at once i still need to beat 0 then 1 and buy the rest.

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
  8. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Awesome! But no way in hell this isn't going to come out on steam eventually.

9. TheJeweler

TheJeweler Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    As a physical only gamer I have been praying for a day that I can play Yakuza 5. The previous two games are a nice addition but honestly I dont want to spend another +100 hours replaying them.

duwen likes this.
  10. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    You're reading this wrong. The earlier Yakuza games have really shoddy localization, especially 3. Character names were changed for no reason, honorifics were removed, content was removed because they thought westerners wouldn't understand like Mahjong. Now all cut content is back and the script will be more accurate and better, its the exact opposite of what you think lmao.

Last edited by Robfozz, Aug 21, 2019
    duwen and Silent_Gunner like this.
  11. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I honestly think it's the fact that the English releases aren't ready just yet (I can see Yakuza 5 taking as long as they're saying it will take, it has 5 playable characters' worth of content to translate), and that I think there could be some timed exclusivity deal between Sony and Sega regarding this franchise that they haven't been open to discussing the details of.

I'm looking forward to these as well. It's about time too, considering these versions of the games have been out for quite some time!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah. Remember when Kazama was referred to as Fuma, and the Florist to Kage? That's the localization changes for you!

12. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    This time i'll wait for the Trilogy to drop in price on Steam.

13. DBlaze

DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Nov 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bit disappointing they opted for a digital only collection purchase at this time, instead of individual (physical) releases. On one side I want to play the games, on the other side I want the physical collection.

On that note, since the prices are only listed in USD, is the physical collection even going to be available in EU?

Last edited by DBlaze, Aug 21, 2019
  14. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    ...still a better cover than the localized PS3 release got...
    [​IMG]

Sophie-bear likes this.
  15. Humanity

Humanity GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2019
    Norway
    I used to think that the localized one is horrible.

To be honest, it is growing on me.

It is still shit if you compare it to the Japanese original but in and of itself, I personally think that it is good. I like it.

Last edited by Humanity, Aug 21, 2019
    duwen likes this.
  16. KEHT

KEHT Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2010
    Little kids still don't know about very offencive monologue of some yakuza to chinese restaurant owner before blow it away. I think it was also removed. Otherwise there will be this label on the disk.
    [​IMG]

17. TheJeweler

TheJeweler Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    U.S Amazon pre-order is now open, just ordered my copy and giving ya'll a heads up.

18. Humanity

Humanity GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2019
    Norway
    I have searched on DuckDuckGo to see what you are referring to but I have not found it.

Are you able to share with us a YouTube video of it?

19. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    As there's still no word of a physical release for EU I'm going to pre-order from amazon.com... I'll cancel and buy "locally" if it's released here.
    If anyone else in the UK is interested in doing this, it works out to be about £63.50 ($78), which includes postage and 'import fees'.

Last edited by duwen, Aug 23, 2019
  20. Humanity

Humanity GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2019
    Norway
    Is that for the 3 games or just Yakuza 3?