Yakuza Remastered Collection features three games, with better performance and revised localizations

Yakuza fans will be pleased to know that the Japanese remasters of three mainline Yakuza games; 3, 4, and 5, will be finally coming to the west. Announced at Gamescom was a remaster of Yakuza 3 on PlayStation 4 for North America and Europe, which launched today. Following that will be Yakuza 4, which is slated for an October 29th release, and Yakuza 5, on February 11th, 2020. These games will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store, though there will be a very limited edition which includes all three games bundled on two discs, launching on the day that Yakuza 5 does.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection doesn't just upgrade some graphical details--there's a resolution boost from the PlayStation 3's original 720p to 1080p--but also an increase in framerate, from 30 to 60. Additionally, each localized script for these games has been adjusted for a more accurate release, having content that was originally cut from the initial localizations.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is far from a typical console generation port. In addition to graphical and performance upgrades (720p –> 1080p at 30fps –> 60fps), all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process. The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some cases, and content previously cut from the western releases of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 have been re-added in The Yakuza Remastered Collection.

In Yakuza 3, this means the Mahjong, Shogi, Massage Parlor, and ever-popular Cabaret minigames, as well as a collection of Substories cut from the original release, are now available in the West for the first time!

Several quality-of-life changes have also been added for each release in the collection, including a Substory tracker on the map and the ability to toggle between English and Japanese written lyrics during Karaoke.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection Release Details:

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is available now digitally for $59.99 and includes Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5—previously only available for PlayStation 3—beautifully remastered in 1080p at 60fps.

Yakuza 3 is available to download and play immediately after purchasing the collection—Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 will become available on October 29, 2019 and February 11, 2020 respectively.

A limited run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition will release on February 11, 2020 for $59.99, and contains Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 on two disks in a striking red collectible case emblazoned with Kiryu’s trademark dragon tattoo. This release marks the first time Yakuza 5 will be available in a physical format in the west, so the collection also includes a genuine Yakuza 5 PS3 case; after five years since the game’s original release, series collectors can finally fill the gap in their library! Supplies are very limited, so get your order in while supplies last!

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
"all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process. The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some cases"

Yeah, no, pass for me. I expected this to come from Sony's censorship practices, but I also expect it to hurt sales as it has always been since Sony took that approach.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally we are getting the whole Yakuza Collection. Quite disappointing they are just remastered & not remakes like Kiwami. Still I'm sure fans of the series are now waiting for Yakuza Kenzan & Yakuza Ishin to be localised if ever. If you like yakuza you should check out Judgment & Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise.

Last edited by proffk,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally we are getting the whole Yakuza Collection. Quite disappointing they are just remastered & not remakes like Kiwami. Still I'm sure fans of the series are now waiting for Yakuza Kenzan & Yakuza Ishin to be localised if ever. If you like yakuza you should check out Judgment & Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise.

These are PS3 games it would take about a decade to remake all 3. While 1 and 2 on the other hand were PS2 games and would look like garbage no matter what definition you put them in they had to remake those.

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is coming from me, a 60FPS-or-bust kind of person:

If and when I play this game, I will play the PS3 version.

Morals?! We're talking about a computer game where players control a Yakuza criminal!

I am totally anti-smoking and believe that tobacco should be illegal. The cover change is horrible for me, though. Cigarettes and Yakuza thuggies go together, the original cover always captivated me.

The original cover is the main reason I was even ever interested in the game. They should have at least kept the same style whilst only removing the cigarette.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, no fancy name like "KIWAMI" for these titles? :creep:

I'm glad it's finally going to be all on one console (including if ps5 is able to play ps4 games) but I dread wondering about the potential censorship of the game. I also see they just had to add "Best selling console in the world" to the trailer. Admittingly I have one cause the game selection was more favorable until the nintendo switch was released, but I also don't want games changing cause of outside influence like sony's enforced policy changes for games. I just want to play the same game the other players around the world are playing, just like things to be fair. (Also no Denuvo DRM on steam ports pls) :ninja:

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process. The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some cases"

Yeah, no, pass for me. I expected this to come from Sony's censorship practices, but I also expect it to hurt sales as it has always been since Sony took that approach.
this is a positive. its not being censored now, its being uncensored

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yay

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What, no fancy name like "KIWAMI" for these titles? :creep:

I'm glad it's finally going to be all on one console (including if ps5 is able to play ps4 games) but I dread wondering about the potential censorship of the game. I also see they just had to add "Best selling console in the world" to the trailer. Admittingly I have one cause the game selection was more favorable until the nintendo switch was released, but I also don't want games changing cause of outside influence like sony's enforced policy changes for games. I just want to play the same game the other players around the world are playing, just like things to be fair. (Also no Denuvo DRM on steam ports pls) :ninja:
I dont think the differences are as huge for the games that were originally on ps3 as compared to the ps2 ones.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's rad!!
19d.gif

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no! I was patiently waiting for Kiwami 3 to get localized. Does this mean we're not getting the Kiwami version outside of Japan? Either way, I'm happy I can finally own Yakuza 3 at all for less than way too much money for a used copy.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no! I was patiently waiting for Kiwami 3 to get localized. Does this mean we're not getting the Kiwami version outside of Japan? Either way, I'm happy I can finally own Yakuza 3 at all for less than way too much money for a used copy.

Please provide proof there is a such thing as Kiwami 3 in Japan. I have never heard such a thing and more importantly Google hasn't either. I think you made that up. I do not believe they completely remade Yakuza 3.

Reactions: AaronUzumaki

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely buying this collection. Been piecing together the entire series for PS4, but waiting to play them in the proper order. So glad they did this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1