XO18 Xbox event coverage roundup - Microsoft purchases Obsidian and InXile studios

79309_gb_news.jpg

In 30 minutes, Xbox will be streaming their yearly XO event, where Microsoft makes new announcements and unveils upcoming projects. Starting at 1 pm PT/9 pm GMT, you can tune into Xbox Insider to watch the live coverage, and check out this thread to see a roundup of all the major announcements as they happen. Even prior to the event going live, we can safely guess that Sunset Overdrive is very likely to come to PC, and be announced tonight, judging by the multiple ratings and steamdb leaks. For fans that watch through Microsoft's Mixer, you'll get some bonus items for Sea Of Thieves.

:arrow: Source

Thread coverage in progress...

Show starts with a reel for Fallout, PUBG, Assassin's Creed, Fortnite, and more, and the fans at the event.

PUBG will be on Xbox Game Pass. First time subscribers get a month for a dollar.

Void Bastards announced, will be published by Humble Bundle. Launches 2019. Made by Bioshock creator.

Crackdown 3 shown. New Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode, with two teams of 5 player arenas. Game launches Feb 15. The entire area in the map is destroyable, from bridges, to buildings, to the ground, the whole environment is destructible. Two maps shown.

Crackdown 1 is backwards compatible and will be free for Xbox One users.

NBA 2K Playgrounds 2.

Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer.

Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 are coming to Xbox One next year.

Ori and the Blind Forest is coming to Game Pass.

Sea of Thieves gets treasure hunting PvP arena mode. Free update in 2019.

Jump Force gets some gameplay. SSGSS Vegeta and Goku shown.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is backwards compatible next week on Xbox One.

Zedhunter mode for State of Decay 2.

Just Cause 4 gameplay. Rico surfs on a car in a tornado, because physics.

DmC V gets a trailer. Void Mode shown off.

Minecraft shows off its cats and pandas update.

Keyboard and mouse support discussed for Xbox One users.

Razer will be making Xbox One gaming keyboard and mouse. These will have dynamic lighting, which will cause your keyboard to flash in various circumstances, such as when a teammate is down, or when your health it low. etc. These will be shown at CES.

Metro Exodus will have a special edition that comes with a statue, steelbook, posters, and a dogtag.

Playground Games thanks their fans for their support of Forza Horizon 4. A new expansion is currently being made for the game. Weather and terrain challenges will be a major focus.

100$ off Xbox hardware this black friday.

inXile has been bought by Microsoft, meaning they get Bard's Tale and Wasteland.

Obsidian was bought out as well.

These both will remain independent, and Microsoft will not be merging them either, despite their history.

Major announcements

Forza Horizon will get a new expansion called Fortune Island. It launches on Dec 13, and offers a new part of the UK to race through, and will include new cars as well.

Both Obsidian and InXile have been bought out by Microsoft. They will remain separate and independent, according to Microsoft.

16 new games added to Game Pass: PUBG, Hellblade, Void Bastards, Ori and the Blind Forest, Thief of Thieves, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Aftercharge, Supermarket Shriek, Mutant Year Zero, Pathologic 2, Secret Neighbor, The Good Life, Agents of Mayhem, MXGP3, Thomas Was Alone.

Crackdown 3 launches Feb 15.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If this means more CRPGs with controller support I'm very happy for it.

AFAIK Pillars of Eternity still doesn't support controllers on the PC version.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh? They're finally giving some news on Kb/m? Does this mean we'll be able to use our hardware? Also, does this mean all first party games will inevitably be supported? Or a select few because Microsoft knows what's best?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Final Fantasy 8 missing again!? Is Square Enix planning on a remake?
from many years of running across this question, this is the usually most accepted answer: the ff8 pc port was riddled with bugs, problems, and overall was just badly done.

When they port these older game to current consoles, they use the pc versions as the base. since ff8 pc was such a train-wreck, they'd have to basically redo it if they want to port it. and they don't want to put in the effort. or they lost the source code, who knows. until they do the work, though, never expect a ff8 port to anything.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Crackdown finally comes out from Development Hell.
First announced at Microsoft´s E3 Press Conference 2014 it get´s released in February 2019 (hopefully). lol.

What happened to Halo?:unsure:
Probably get´s shown again at E3 2019 with the reveal of their backwards compatible Next Generation Console.

Reactions: orangy57

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah Halo's a LONG way off, and judging by the teaser video at E3, clearly next gen.
Crackdown 3 release date! But what's the chances we just get the multiplayer bit coz the campaign still ain't ready by then though...?
As for them buying studios and how that's bad, well I could see the reason when it comes to Rare (but in my opinion they were dying by that point anyway), but they're not exactly EA or Activision (or, frankly, Sony for that matter) ...throwing them out into the trash once they've finished what they've done - clearly they've just thrown money at Playground Studios, and the end result is the Forza Horizon series, easily the greatest racing series out there at the moment, and couldn't haven't been done to anything like the degree it has without that kind of investment. How is that a bad thing?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. So no exclusives. Must be great owning an XB1 with a whopping 7 retail exclusives. I mean, there hasn't even been a single one since Rare Replay in 2015. Failbox.

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait. Wouldn't kb+mouse support give users a HUGE advantage in competitive games vs people who use the game pad?

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that doesn't go together and it's the thing that's always been the turn off for me when it comes to KH is slumping things that just don't go together, sorry but it just doesn't. Mixing Disney characters, appearance and giving them body language, movement, talk, personality, story etc of Anime, it's just wrong and fake as F! Terrible and pathetic marketing move just so it would appeal to Asian market and to lovers of Anime in general etc. Have you ever seen characters that are in HK behave, talk, look, feel, like that in their original Disney projects???? No, no you haven't, neither have I, voices I'm not gonna even go there, low of the lowest lows. Literally lost their souls and charm by HK makers.
The irony of your statement being that all the tangled scenes in this trailer appear to be animated as directly after the film as possible on current hardware.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The irony of your statement being that all the tangled scenes in this trailer appear to be animated as directly after the film as possible on current hardware.
Wtf are you even talking about????? It has nothing to do with what I wrote, are you high?

Jesus... Why I even bother replying.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf are you even talking about????? It has nothing to do with what I wrote, are you high?

Jesus... Why I even bother replying.
"Mixing Disney characters, appearance and giving them body language, movement, talk, personality, story etc of Anime"
In this trailer, they (the Disney characters) have the exact appearance, body language, movement, dialogue, personality, and story from the film.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Mixing Disney characters, appearance and giving them body language, movement, talk, personality, story etc of Anime"
In this trailer, they (the Disney characters) have the exact appearance, body language, movement, dialogue, personality, and story from the film.
What fing movie are you talking about man, you have no idea at all what I wrote, at all. The way DISNEY represents their characters and the way SQUARE ENIX Portraits them is completely different! When I look at Kingdom hearts all i see is a knock off of Disney, not at all original Disney. That's what I'm saying.

Last edited by drazenm,

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fing movie are you talking about man, you have no idea at all what I wrote, at all. The way DISNEY represents their characters and the way SQUARE ENIX Portraits them is completely different! When I look at Kingdom hearts all i see is a knock off of Disney, not at all original Disney. That's what I'm saying.
I'm saying all the scenes from Disney's film Tangled that are shown in this trailer, are near identical to their original scenes, other than being rendered in-engine in Kingdom Hearts 3. Sure, as a video game, they can't afford to fully reproduce and represent dozens of classic films (that each have $100-$300 million budgets) nor pay millions to acquire all of the original actors/actresses, but they do a pretty good job representing Disney while being confined to their budget.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear much of the source code was either stolen or lost. But they should just remake it anyways.
To be fair, I imagine that most of the FF rereleases had their original source code lost a long time ago. Most if not all of Square Enix’s remasters were likely reverse engineered, FF8 would be no exception.

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 are coming to Xbox One next year. I am glad they are coming out for abox. It would be class if they are also playable via windows 10. Final Fantasty 10 is my favourite rpg and i am really glad it and the sequel are finally on Xbox.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 are coming to Xbox One next year. I am glad they are coming out for abox. It would be class if they are also playable via windows 10. Final Fantasty 10 is my favourite rpg and i am really glad it and the sequel are finally on Xbox.
You can already get them on Windows, through Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1