XO18 Xbox event coverage roundup - Microsoft purchases Obsidian and InXile studios

79309_gb_news.jpg

In 30 minutes, Xbox will be streaming their yearly XO event, where Microsoft makes new announcements and unveils upcoming projects. Starting at 1 pm PT/9 pm GMT, you can tune into Xbox Insider to watch the live coverage, and check out this thread to see a roundup of all the major announcements as they happen. Even prior to the event going live, we can safely guess that Sunset Overdrive is very likely to come to PC, and be announced tonight, judging by the multiple ratings and steamdb leaks. For fans that watch through Microsoft's Mixer, you'll get some bonus items for Sea Of Thieves.

:arrow: Source

Thread coverage in progress...

Show starts with a reel for Fallout, PUBG, Assassin's Creed, Fortnite, and more, and the fans at the event.

PUBG will be on Xbox Game Pass. First time subscribers get a month for a dollar.

Void Bastards announced, will be published by Humble Bundle. Launches 2019. Made by Bioshock creator.

Crackdown 3 shown. New Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode, with two teams of 5 player arenas. Game launches Feb 15. The entire area in the map is destroyable, from bridges, to buildings, to the ground, the whole environment is destructible. Two maps shown.

Crackdown 1 is backwards compatible and will be free for Xbox One users.

NBA 2K Playgrounds 2.

Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer.

Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 are coming to Xbox One next year.

Ori and the Blind Forest is coming to Game Pass.

Sea of Thieves gets treasure hunting PvP arena mode. Free update in 2019.

Jump Force gets some gameplay. SSGSS Vegeta and Goku shown.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is backwards compatible next week on Xbox One.

Zedhunter mode for State of Decay 2.

Just Cause 4 gameplay. Rico surfs on a car in a tornado, because physics.

DmC V gets a trailer. Void Mode shown off.

Minecraft shows off its cats and pandas update.

Keyboard and mouse support discussed for Xbox One users.

Razer will be making Xbox One gaming keyboard and mouse. These will have dynamic lighting, which will cause your keyboard to flash in various circumstances, such as when a teammate is down, or when your health it low. etc. These will be shown at CES.

Metro Exodus will have a special edition that comes with a statue, steelbook, posters, and a dogtag.

Playground Games thanks their fans for their support of Forza Horizon 4. A new expansion is currently being made for the game. Weather and terrain challenges will be a major focus.

100$ off Xbox hardware this black friday.

inXile has been bought by Microsoft, meaning they get Bard's Tale and Wasteland.

Obsidian was bought out as well.

These both will remain independent, and Microsoft will not be merging them either, despite their history.

Major announcements

Forza Horizon will get a new expansion called Fortune Island. It launches on Dec 13, and offers a new part of the UK to race through, and will include new cars as well.

Both Obsidian and InXile have been bought out by Microsoft. They will remain separate and independent, according to Microsoft.

16 new games added to Game Pass: PUBG, Hellblade, Void Bastards, Ori and the Blind Forest, Thief of Thieves, Kingdom: Two Crowns, Aftercharge, Supermarket Shriek, Mutant Year Zero, Pathologic 2, Secret Neighbor, The Good Life, Agents of Mayhem, MXGP3, Thomas Was Alone.

Crackdown 3 launches Feb 15.

D

Deleted User

Why is Final Fantasy 8 missing again!? Is Square Enix planning on a remake?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is Final Fantasy 8 missing again!? Is Square Enix planning on a remake?

Well, if it's not released on PS4 yet, it obviously wouldn't come to Xbox or Switch first.

Also, next year just happens to be FF8 20th anniversary. Is it a coincidence? I am not sure.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that doesn't go together and it's the thing that's always been the turn off for me when it comes to KH is slumping things that just don't go together, sorry but it just doesn't. Mixing Disney characters, appearance and giving them body language, movement, talk, personality, story etc of Anime, it's just wrong and fake as F! Terrible and pathetic marketing move just so it would appeal to Asian market and to lovers of Anime in general etc. Have you ever seen characters that are in HK behave, talk, look, feel, like that in their original Disney projects???? No, no you haven't, neither have I, voices I'm not gonna even go there, low of the lowest lows. Literally lost their souls and charm by HK makers.

Last edited by drazenm,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, bigger company buying smaller ones are often bad news
Like their franchise isn'T the same anymore

but thats just what I'Ve heard previously
Sorry for the (almost) double post but a prime example is Microsoft buying Mojang. Minecraft lost a lot of it's charm from 1.9 onwards, especially in Update Aquatic where even the daytime can be somewhat dangerous if you end up spawning near a sea, river, ocean etc. and don't know what you're doing thanks to the damn Drowned, and the next update with its new texture pack.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that's why its consistently skipped over in every release and overwhelmingly considered one of the worst in the series.
Just like 1 and its massive amount of ports. In my opinion honestly FFVIII isn't bad by any means but it definitely is one of the more forgettable ones in the series, not bad like 2 and the original 14 undoubtedly are.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...