XLink Kai 7.4.32 released with Nintendo Switch LAN support

01_full.jpg

Hi all, XLink Kai 7.4.32 is finally ready for release and includes Nintendo Switch LAN support!
Grab a copy and have fun: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Our discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/UyyjNpa
Switch on XLink Kai tutorial: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45115
News post:

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Then why do I need an account in first place? Lan-play works without accounts just fine

Xlink has moderation and community features not present in lan-play.

I heard that Xlink Kai was going to support online multiplayer for local wifi games (this was before ldn_mitm was updated to support all games), but it looks like it doesn't, that's too bad. Not really much reason to use this over the other method then. The matchmaking looks nice though.

an additional benefit is the fact that latency can potentially be halved compared to lan-play due to the lack of a relay server sitting between users.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm still somewhat confused with this. This sounds great since it's a direct connection, but what would be the advantage of using LDN_MTM over this then?

Is it a difference between LAN play vs local play capabilities?

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I'm still somewhat confused with this. This sounds great since it's a direct connection, but what would be the advantage of using LDN_MTM over this then?

Lower latency, possibility of less disconnections.

So this will do the same thing 90dns did but then enable online play w/ other xkai usesrs?

90DNS blocks connection Nintendo servers, XLink stops you from connecting to the internet altogether. It's more akin to using lan-play with the --fake-internet flag enabled.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tested this and already it's far superior to the other LAN option that is out there. Played with two guys on Splatoon 2 (one of whom was from Oceania) and there was no lag at all. This wouldn't be possible with the other LAN option.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious question

Why would I use this over SXOS and their wireless local network solution
One of the main advantages is that XLink Kai is P2P, so you'll have less lag compared to switch-lan-play, which routes all traffic through a relay server.

Let's not forget, this lets you play with unmodified consoles so there may be a much larger user pool to connect with :)

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this doesn't yet work with ldn_mitm it seems..at least for me. That's a shame I won't have much use for this then if it won't work for Smash Ultimate

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
haved said that blocks all the DNS of Nintendo more began to download a game alone .... now Nintendo should already have my logs ... careful

Attachments

• IMG_20181222_113338_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20181222_113338_HHT.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Last edited by Solitario,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So this doesn't yet work with ldn_mitm it seems..at least for me. That's a shame I won't have much use for this then if it won't work for Smash Ultimate

I think there are some hardcoded settings in ldn_mitm that will make it not work with xlink as it is now, however Smash works right out of the box since it has LAN play, you don't need a modified console to use Xlink so there will be many more people willing to use just this to play online with you, especially people who want to play multiplayer but dont want to pay for nintendo online.

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
haved said that blocks all the DNS of Nintendo more began to download a game alone .... now Nintendo should already have my logs ... careful

It only blocks internet access while your Switch is connected to Kai. If Kai isn't running, your Switch will be able to connect to the internet (unless you're using a manual config). XLink is not a replacement for 90DNS. If you don't want your Switch to communicate with Nintendo, keep 90DNS set.

Let's not forget, this lets you play with unmodified consoles so there may be a much larger user pool to connect with :)

Actually, lan-play also works for unmodified consoles for games that support a real LAN mode.

Last edited by Demon27248,

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I think there are some hardcoded settings in ldn_mitm that will make it not work with xlink as it is now, however Smash works right out of the box since it has LAN play, you don't need a modified console to use Xlink so there will be many more people willing to use just this to play online with you, especially people who want to play multiplayer but dont want to pay for nintendo online.

Since when does smash have lan?

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smash has local wireless and lan mode? How do you access lan multiplayer in smash?

Reactions: Don Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F