XLink Kai 7.4.32 released with Nintendo Switch LAN support

01_full.jpg

Hi all, XLink Kai 7.4.32 is finally ready for release and includes Nintendo Switch LAN support!
Grab a copy and have fun: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Our discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/UyyjNpa
Switch on XLink Kai tutorial: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45115
News post:

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not having any luck using the kip with Xlink. It doesn't seem to start the network connection up. Is there some reliance on internet to get the network connection to start using the kip?

is https://teamxlink.co.uk working i can't seem to login , i have rest my password , but no go

The page login doesn't work for me either, but it's not necessary for setting this up.

GalaxyYT

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From their post,

So try it out, and then report back to let us know!
Unfortunately, I can't even use XLink Kai because i only have a wifi adapter for my PC (ethernet doesn't work), and it doesn't meet/have the required features. However, I did seem to get pretty far into the process. If you are able to use kai for other games, I think loading the ldn_mitm kip might actually work for kai.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, I can't even use XLink Kai because i only have a wifi adapter for my PC (ethernet doesn't work), and it doesn't meet/have the required features. However, I did seem to get pretty far into the process. If you are able to use kai for other games, I think loading the ldn_mitm kip might actually work for kai.
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of Xlink though?

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay so, quick thoughts: It's the easiest thing to set up. Literally install a thing, execute it and connect the switch, it's as simple as that! (At least, it was for me ^^)

I can't wait for more people to join, it seems a reliable way to play and I love the fact that you can see the "Game Arenas" and see what people are playing! Keep up the good work, I hope to see more and more people online ^^

Reactions: Demon27248

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I'm not having any luck using the kip with Xlink. It doesn't seem to start the network connection up. Is there some reliance on internet to get the network connection to start using the kip?

Doubtful it needs internet access, but sadly I'm starting to think you need to be connected to your AP before searching for games in local wireless mode. If this is the case, it won't work on 7.4.32, but we'll get it functional for the next release once we implement a more graceful connection to Kai from the home screen.

Unfortunately, I can't even use XLink Kai because i only have a wifi adapter for my PC (ethernet doesn't work), and it doesn't meet/have the required features.

Which OS are you on? You might be able to get it working with Linux live booted from a USB. Support for monitor mode is much greater compared to Windows. You can also nab a USB ethernet adapter for Kai. The cheapest ones should be around $10.

Reactions: OrGoN3

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It works like a charm. Lan-play wasn't working for me on my desktop PC connected via Ethernet and my Switch connected via WiFi, and now I'm really surprised to see that all of this works automatically. It's like pure magic. Gj on that, I hope that I'll be able to play some Smash Bros someday

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Yes I understand that but why? I don't see a reason why they would need my email
Email addresses are quite commonly used in the account creation process for any website or application, including gbatemp. They're used to combat abuse in the account creation process and verify the users are human, and also provide a means for you to recover a lost password.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Email addresses are quite commonly used in the account creation process for any website or application, including gbatemp. They're used to combat abuse in the account creation process and verify the users are human, and also provide a means for you to recover a lost password.
Then why do I need an account in first place? Lan-play works without accounts just fine

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I heard that Xlink Kai was going to support online multiplayer for local wifi games (this was before ldn_mitm was updated to support all games), but it looks like it doesn't, that's too bad. Not really much reason to use this over the other method then. The matchmaking looks nice though.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Then why do I need an account in first place? Lan-play works without accounts just fine
Dude, straight and simple.
You use email so you have account in their system and they can ban you if you behave badly.
You are not forced to use this solution.
Yes, you have an alternative so keep to it if you like.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

whats switch lan?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/games-with-local-lan-community-maintained-list.520893/

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Just think of it as a difference in design. Playing Quakeworld online doesn't require an account, and you can join servers via direct IP, playing Quake Champions online requires a Bethesda net account.

Edit: Another analogy, Wiimmfi vs AltWFC.

Last edited by Demon27248,

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont get it,please help me. what is this used for? local co cop is possible without any software. so what is this for?
So you can play local co-op mode with friend on the other side of the world.
High level speaking, It tunnels your connection through internet more or less the same as Switch LAN Play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared