Xidax gaming PC's 0_0

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Xenon Hacks, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    So I was a little bored and decided to click on some gbatemp ads and came across this Xidax ad and decided to build a PC on there site and holy hell its a rip off you would have to spend 1.1k extra on pc parts most of which are this "xidax" brand stuff. I feel so bad for people who buy pre built systems, hell you can't even choose which graphics card you will get so it's safe to assume you're gonna end up with an underpowered stock card.
    My heart is bleeding

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    But they do say which graphics card it is, and mention that it's overclocked.

3. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    But that's stock overclock (which voids your warranty) which doesn't come close to a card from MSI or EVGA.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    If they provide an overclocking service, I would think they have to provide a guarantee with that service. A minimum of one year is the least I would expect. Otherwise, I would take my business to a more reliable outlet.

Of course, this is without taking the time to look into it and see what the small print says.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    but on the graphic card it says "choose"
    so you can choose it. no?

6. nh450

nh450 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    United States
    I just bought a Xidax system. Why? Because I don't have the time or inclination to do the research required to build my own.
    I looked at several custom builders. Xidax has a lifetime warranty. If I build something myself and make a mistake and bend a pin, I have an expensive broken part with no warranty. With a good custom builder, they burn the entire system in for days to eliminate infant mortality.

That is worth something to a lot of customers. Sure - anyone can save money if you build it yourself. But time = money. And it takes a lot of time to be as educated as you, and many other builders presumably are to learn what components to choose and how to put them together.

And BTW - my GT 970 was an MSI card. IF that matters.

Jeff

Originality likes this.
  7. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Takes 30 minutes to put together a computer. Even for a novice. Trust me I have walked through some really retarded friends on building a computer and they never fucked it up.

Not Jeff.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's more like 2 hours for a novice if they're being thorough (and they should)
    Source: me

9. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Very interesting first post...

10. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    ikr

11. nh450

nh450 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    United States
    Pleng,

Just to be clear - I have nothing to do with Xidax. Just liked the PC I bought from them and thought I would share a different perspective.

12. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    People will often be sceptical with posts from new accounts that give positive reviews of a company the thread is facing in a negative light. That doesn't make your points any less valid however. I approve having alternate perspectives on the topic. And having a lifetime warranty may actually be worth the price premium (especially if they offer an overclocking service).

Although I personally don't think it takes that much time to learn how to pick parts to build a computer and learn how to put them together. YouTube is full of guides for both aspects.

13. TheLoneWolfGamer

TheLoneWolfGamer GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2014
    United States
  14. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  15. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I still don't see the point in RAIDing SSDs. Their performance are already fast enough, unless you have a specific need for faster access.

Also, why does the lone wolf build have 3x4GB RAM? That would be a waste, since it would make all 3 run in single channel mode. It should either be 2x4GB, 4x4GB, or 2x8GB (ideal).

16. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Its because I plan on SLI'ing that GTX 980 Ti in the future and every bit of speed counts when you're running games in 4k.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it will also help with games using multiple mods like skyrim

TheLoneWolfGamer likes this.
  17. TheLoneWolfGamer

Nov 5, 2014
    United States
    They are for guys who don't oc that much lol. And I'm not a big fan of liquid cooling. I was going to do 2x8gb yeah. But a guy wanted to fill all his slots. I prefer 16gb dual channel. And I think 4k is a luxury. Most of my builds are designed with 1080p and 1440p in mind. I love skyrim you know. Any skyrim thread in here?
    And lo and behold! GTX 970 sli is still the best gaming combo. Like gtx 760 sli was better than a single gtx 780ti.

18. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    It won't be when DirectX 12 drops :P

TheLoneWolfGamer likes this.
  19. TheLoneWolfGamer

Nov 5, 2014
    United States
    Yeah! Performance boost (was it by 60%?). But you forgot gtx 970 will get the same boost. And gtx 970 sli will receive it too. Twice?

20. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Ok great. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your other contributions.