ROM Hack Xenosaga I & 2 Translation (Not mine)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard anything in a long time, shame because this game in terms of quality is a lot better than many of the games that have gotten translated.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
wow that game came from the past.. if anyone still working on a translation, good luck im available to help with beta if anything! ^^

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
the project is still up they moved remember...just Google it and check out the new site. (no update for a long time). But it is pretty clear they are working on stuff in a decided order, so just leave them be they will post updates when they have an update to post.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems like they're ignoring it, someday it'll come out though, I actually prefer this to the ps2 version, has a really nice old school rpg feel and a quality story, under-appreciated.

xavii123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
i cant enter the site
ohnoes.png

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Strange, I can't edit it either.
QUOTE said:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

In any case, the site isn't coming up on Google either. So I've edited the OP with, what could be, their new site.

EDIT:
Ninja'd by Kamiyama.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Siveria said:
I am wondering how butchered these "remakes" are. its a nds so graphics for sure gonna take a huge hit, probally it'll be like lufia for nds, with over half of the storyline missing.
WOW you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. This has way more storyline than any of the PS2 games

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kidisnice87 said:
Siveria said:
I am wondering how butchered these "remakes" are. its a nds so graphics for sure gonna take a huge hit, probally it'll be like lufia for nds, with over half of the storyline missing.
WOW you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. This has way more storyline than any of the PS2 games
Are you sure? After all, the PS2 versions have hours of cutscenes and FMVs. Just asking since I don't speak Japanese well enough to play games, though I understand bits of spoken speech.
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the best classic style rpgs that has never been translated, been waiting years for an update, the wait continues.
laugh.gif

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
kidisnice87 said:
Siveria said:
Are you sure? After all, the PS2 versions have hours of cutscenes and FMVs. Just asking since I don't speak Japanese well enough to play games, though I understand bits of spoken speech.
biggrin.gif
The PS2 versions of 1 and 2 cut out a ton of storyline in exchange for the flashy FMVs and time. The DS version keeps all of the cut content, has more bosses, and much more. It's just in text now

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kidisnice87 said:
Fel said:
kidisnice87 said:
Siveria said:
biggrin.gif
The PS2 versions of 1 and 2 cut out a ton of storyline in exchange for the flashy FMVs and time. The DS version keeps all of the cut content, has more bosses, and much more. It's just in text now
But the PS2 versions were the originals, so they can't really have "cut out" stuff like you do with movies - besides, all those FMVs further the plot, they aren't just flashy. Hm, I had a look at wikia and it doesn't say it's way better like that, but instead it says some things were a little bit changed in the plot and some chapters are played from different characters' perspective. Btw, do you know Japanese? Just wondering.
wink2.gif

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
kidisnice87 said:
Fel said:
kidisnice87 said:
Siveria said:
biggrin.gif
But the PS2 versions were the originals, so they can't really have "cut out" stuff like you do with movies - besides, all those FMVs further the plot, they aren't just flashy. Hm, I had a look at wikia and it doesn't say it's way better like that, but instead it says some things were a little bit changed in the plot and some chapters are played from different characters' perspective. Btw, do you know Japanese? Just wondering.
wink2.gif
I feel like I'm talking to a wall. You sorta don't have any idea what you're talking about. The entire script was changed before it released on the PS2, the DS version restores the original script and bosses. Please educate yourself on this with more than "wikia" smh v_v

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
I feel like I'm talking to a wall. You sorta don't have any idea what you're talking about. The entire script was changed before it released on the PS2, the DS version restores the original script and bosses. Please educate yourself on this with more than "wikia" smh v_v

It's strange... your username is "kidisnice" and here you are being completely rude for nothing. He wasn't even rude to you.
He's right, actually. The PS2 versions were extremely long, even reaching two CDs. It had a massive load of cutscenes and information. I don't recall very much being cut out, at all. I should know, I have them(and the third game) and have played the DS version. I know the PS2 versions have more to them than the DS version. Sure, they may be different, but the PS2 versions win over the DS version when it comes to the story. The DS version goes over what happened in I and II, while explaining a few things that the Xenosaga II didn't tell and few here and theres in Xenosaga I. Other than that, it's the exact same thing. By no means does that mean it has more than the PS2 versions. If it didn't have much storyline, it wouldn't have became a trilogy or reached a total of five CDs.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that he was being a bit arrogant but I actually agree with his point that the DS version is a more detailed explanation of the story. That doesn't mean the ps2 version doesn't also have a ton of content to the story, it just means that the DS version reveals elements of the plot the ps2 version didn't as well as everything the ps2 version had.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who haven't played or don't know enough Japanese to know what's being said,

There's a site up that has all of the differences between the DS and the PS2 versions. I'm not sure if I can post it or not here, cause I'm not sure if it has roms or not. As I stated before, there aren't very many changes in Xenosaga I, but some in Xenosaga II to fill in what the PS2 version did not. There's 10 chapters of each, but only about 20 hours long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...