Xenosaga I & 2 Translation (Not mine)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Raiser, Jun 29, 2008.

Jun 29, 2008
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Hey fellow DSers,

Here's a little treat for all us Xenosaga fans-
    I was searching up "Xenosaga" on google today (don't ask) and I found an interesting link.
    Here it is: (I hope I'm not breaking any rules, it's just a blog I think. Sorry if I am however >.

Fede0X1, michealb249, vvx and 4 others like this.

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Hurray. I've always wanted to play Xenosaga, since I've never actually played it, but it got lots of positive reviews.

3. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    WONDERFUL
    I've been hoping someone would pick this up eventually, thank you for bringing this to my attention!

4. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Nice! His Caravan Hearts translation was aces. I just hope there is a KH:358/2 translation team ready to jump on the project as soon as the game is released, I can't wait 6-9 months for an English localization.

5. Morganti

Newcomer Morganti Member

United States
    This makes me happy, Xenosaga is my third favorite RPG series behind Shadow Hearts and earthbound..

6. Raiser
    OP

Canada
    Glad to bring the news!!

@ ojsinnerz:
    Do you have a PS2? If you want to play Xenosaga, there are 3 games out for it! I'm sure you know that though.
    Personally, I think the third game is the best. If you can, try them out! It'll make you appreciate this DS remake a lot more.

@Leamonde.Halcyon:
    You're very welcome, but no need to thank me! Just helping out fellow DSers. [​IMG]

7. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    What great news to wake up too!
    Everytime people say what J game would you like the most or want translated I always say XS I&II DS but never expect anything to be done about it as theres so much text between the 2 games.
    It really annoys me when one of my fav devs (Monolith) get a license like this purely to milk the JPN fan base. Sure it probably wouldn't sell AS well in USA/EUR but it would appear on best DS RPG/Games overall lists across the board encouraging sales.

I am still playing the Caravan Heart translation now and then and it is superb so I have high hopes that this will one day be finished.. just a question of how long as this is mammoth imo compared to other translation projects.
    Maybe he will do I then II and release a patch each time one game is done *crosses fingers* shame no one picked it up when it was originally released as it would more than likely have a game done by now.

8. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I had started a translation of Xenosaga 1 & 2 but since there were no translators I abandoned the project. I have a translation of all items weapons and the first two tutorials in the beginning of the game.Here is the patch if anyone wants to download it. Download

9. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Damn Noitora that's awesome gonna try it right now. I see you doing a lot of quick trans (tried out the Disgaea one yesterday) it's very impressive, are you not interested in joining other projects?

10. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Nope, I don't think yet as I have to learn more things [​IMG]

11. Raiser
    OP

Canada
    Hey guys,

There is a new update as of today:
    http://kaioshin.romhacking.net/?p=50

Kingcom has posted two more screenshots of Xenosaga and they look awesome! He says that the VWF now works, and that his translator is a bit busy making the translation progress slower, but no worries. There is also an update on Super Robot Wars J- check it out!

He also says that he's looking for translators for "Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei (SNES), Shin Megami Tensei (GBA) and Magical Vacation (GBA). Please spread the word and point people you know who might be interested in translating in our direction." - KaioShin

Xenosaga looks good people!! [​IMG]

12. Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer Dhaos_Niko Advanced Member

Italy
    AWESOME News.

I never played the PS2 episodes because my ps2 broke, and i never wanted to buy another one. thanks to this translation, i can finally play at least the first 2 episodes of the game.

13. ivanthegreat

Newcomer ivanthegreat Advanced Member

United States
    =0 thanks so much this is awesome KOS-MOS FTW!!!!

14. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    YAY, I can't find a copy of the first Xenosaga for my PS2 so this will be awesome!

That angle of the new screenshot reminds me of Visual Novels(particularly ero-games) and look, they have a Haruhi Ace Attorney project.

15. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yay, I really wanna play that. Hopefully it's better than Magical Starsign (the sequel for those who don't know).

Also, I never played Xenosaga, but any RPG that's translated is welcome in my book. I'll most certainly give it a try once it's more complete!

16. P33KAJ3W

Newcomer P33KAJ3W Advanced Member

United States
    I think I just peed a little.

17. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    I'd love a english translation of Magical Vacation, i tried playing the Rom when it came out, but i only got so far because of the language. And i loved every second of it, and when i heard about starsign, i had my hopes up, but damn that game was nothing like the first.

18. Japhle

Member Japhle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    YAY! Can't wait for it to be finished, Futuristic RPGs are awesome.

19. ivanthegreat

Newcomer ivanthegreat Advanced Member

United States
    bump for the good cause =)

20. Raiser
    OP

Canada
    Haha! Well, (this goes for everyone) don't expect the english patch so soon because I THINK Kingcom said it took him about a year to finish one of his other projects. And since he identified this game as "having much more text", this might take longer. But who knows? [​IMG]

EDIT:

Noitora, I tried to patch your patch onto my Xenosaga ROM. When I did, it said "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."
    I'm using a clean, untrimmed ROM and I used "Apply Patch to an Existing File". What'd I do wrong?