Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah 2888 looks like a stable playthrough experience its just the cutscenes have some transition stuttering - 2k using Vulkan.
Update: I spoke too soon I played the cutscenes again and this time there were no stuttering I just have to remember to disable the 60fps mod while playing them or else it can freeze in a black screen. So I guess the only bug is the lighting.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What mods do you have, it seems like some mods break the graphic. I cleared the shader and turn off other mods except for 4x res and 60FPS. Now it runs perfectly on 55-60 fps most of the time
But in the end, this 4x mod actually works? I've read more than once that anything that goes over 2.5x would not work.

Wanu92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
What mods do you have, it seems like some mods break the graphic. I cleared the shader and turn off other mods except for 4x res and 60FPS. Now it runs perfectly on 55-60 fps most of the time
60FPS breaks the cutscenes, compare them you will see.... characters "run" super slow or teleport.

Reactions: MasterJ360

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, here a Few Screenshot Taken with Yuzu 2888. Vulkan, Resmod 4x, FSR, FXAA, Docked.

I've also used " Musashi Mod " taken from yuzu discord, i need to take a comparative screenshots without it, cause it seems better with it, but could be Placebo.

Anyway, there is nothing we can do for Grass/Terrain rendering? As you can see from the screenshot it's like having a medium radius circle Around The party where the grass is rendered, and then it just render more while i walk.

Asking cause i've seen some image/videos also from yuzu discord, where it seems to me that for someone it's just better.

EDIT - I've also attached the Musashi config Mod if you guys wanna try it out, honestly it seems better to any resmod i've tryed so far, let me know, maybe my eyes are broken.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    5.3 MB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    4.9 MB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    3.8 MB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    4.8 MB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    3.9 MB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 143
  • Musashi_Config.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by Sndrea9332,
Reactions: MisterXO

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Unless it's hidden in nx bin I doubt we can do anything about grass distance. It's actually one of the main complaints people had from the trailers before release.

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's hidden in nx bin I doubt we can do anything about grass distance. It's actually one of the main complaints people had from the trailers before release.
The streaming assets (grass) is not in the lib_nx bin anywhere.

I've gone through each setting 1 by 1 and nothing fixed the grass pop in, a lot of the values you can't tell if they do anything at all.

Even with comparing screenshots and video's I've been taking while changing Lib_nx values I'm still lost with what the majority of them are supposed to do.

Last edited by OldManKain,

astranabeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So, here a Few Screenshot Taken with Yuzu 2888. Vulkan, Resmod 4x, FSR, FXAA, Docked.

I've also used " Musashi Mod " taken from yuzu discord, i need to take a comparative screenshots without it, cause it seems better with it, but could be Placebo.

Anyway, there is nothing we can do for Grass/Terrain rendering? As you can see from the screenshot it's like having a medium radius circle Around The party where the grass is rendered, and then it just render more while i walk.

Asking cause i've seen some image/videos also from yuzu discord, where it seems to me that for someone it's just better.

EDIT - I've also attached the Musashi config Mod if you guys wanna try it out, honestly it seems better to any resmod i've tryed so far, let me know, maybe my eyes are broken.
Do you have waterfall glitch in Pentelas region?

It's only problem left for me aside no mote particle.

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does this work in 1.10?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So tested it out a bit with specs GPU RTX 3090 CPU R7 5700x and 16gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz.

Ryujinx 1.1.205 Vulkan seems to just constantly crash, unplayable.

Yuzu EA 2887 (also tried 2888 with Vulkan) OpenGL seems to consistently crash after about 30-45 mins of playing, it also crashes my discord and sometimes chrome so think it might be a RAM memory leak issue. Missing particle effects which seems actually pretty important for story reasons. Vulkan doesn't seem to crash and loads very fast but randomly there'll be a blinding yellow fog and it completely ruins any cutscene where it happens (such as during fusions), too much for me to tolerate personally but might be ideal for some people. Also from what I read the fog seems to be an Nvidia GPU only issue.

Going to try Ryujinx OpenGL tomorrow but assuming it doesn't work so far it seems like my best bet is doing OpenGL on Yuzu and saving and restarting the emulator a lot...

fridoune

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Thanks for the share, your eyes are not broken:D Quite better result for me! and seems less demanding on scaling X2 2160p

Personnally i stay on EA 2885 (first one that does not crash on Vulkan docked mode)
Superb experience for the moment (End of chapter 3, i presume)

Some cutscene just blew me away!:bow:
this game desserve so much better than the poor hardware of the switch!:nayps3:

Edit i've just tested EA 2888
the problem with the waterfall (sometimes yellow and too brillant) have disappearred
i'm gonna stay on this one, if it's as stable as EA 2885 :)

Last edited by fridoune,

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks for this :gun:

chaos82231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard people say this is playable on Ryujinx, but I got 3 different configurations, and Ryujinx crashes 100% when tabbing through the menus between characters on all 3.

I've also heard people say Vulkan works on Yuzu for this game, but it crashes on boot on all 3 configurations I got.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bit
Ryzen 5 1600x + GTX 1080 + 16GBs ram

Windows 10 64 bit
Ryzen 5 5600x + RTX 3070 + 64GBs ram

Windows 10 64 bit (laptop)
Ryzen 5 5800U + RTX 3060 + 32GBs ram

Last edited by chaos82231,

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The streaming assets (grass) is not in the lib_nx bin anywhere.

I've gone through each setting 1 by 1 and nothing fixed the grass pop in, a lot of the values you can't tell if they do anything at all.

Even with comparing screenshots and video's I've been taking while changing Lib_nx values I'm still lost with what the majority of them are supposed to do.
hello, nobody never found draw distance and popin effect parameters in xeno series :(

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So Xenoblade 3 seems to have problems with emulation.
What about Switch games in general?

It has a few problems like every newly released title that's just normal if you expect perfect emulation on day 1 then i don't know what to say because that's impossible for now and switch emulation is in a very good spot all things considered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle