Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Rathys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for theboy181's mods: 2K, disable scaling, 60 fps, fix for yellow water bug, and more... ETA Friday for a few.
In addition to all of that, theboy181 already has a mod that messes with bloom (maybe turns it off?) that helps tone down the blinding "fog" that is popping up occasionally. You can google "theboy181 linktree" to find links to his discord and downloads. I'm too new to post links :(

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This sounds great. Any idea if it'd also fix the cutscenes you see when you do fusions?
I don't remember seeing this bug...

If you have a bug, try Yuzu and Ryu opengl and vulkan. Also remove 60 fps mod to test.

Playing chapters 1-3 before the release of theboy181's mods was a terrible mistake. Xenoblade looks gourgeous with his mods.

60 fps mods like Hazerou's one can cause missing effects. Test Eunie Ouroboros art when trying a 60 fps.

edit: image is chapter 3 level 35

ryujinx_capture_2022-08-03_14-50-28.png

Last edited by lippe,

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have a bug, try Yuzu and Ryu opengl and vulkan. Also remove 60 fps mod to test.

Playing chapters 1-3 before the release of theboy181's mods was a terrible mistake. Xenoblade looks gourgeous with his mods.

60 fps mods like Hazerou's one can cause missing effects. Test Eunie Ouroboros art when trying a 60 fps.

Specifically it was
when Mio and MC fuse and they see each others memories, rather than actually seeing each others memories it was mostly just yellow fog.
Do you have an Nvidia GPU? Seems to only happen on it. I don't have 60fps mod.

Also to follow up my earlier post, I tried opengl ryujinx but even with my near top of the line specs it was unbearably laggy, Seems like it really is Yuzu only atm, which means no particles. Going to try OpenGL on 2888 to see if the crashing is any better, if its not I guess I'll do Vulkan and then switch temporarily whenever there's a scene the yellow fog ruins.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Specifically it was
when Mio and MC fuse and they see each others memories, rather than actually seeing each others memories it was mostly just yellow fog.
Do you have an Nvidia GPU? Seems to only happen on it. I don't have 60fps mod.

Also to follow up my earlier post, I tried opengl ryujinx but even with my near top of the line specs it was unbearably laggy, Seems like it really is Yuzu only atm, which means no particles. Going to try OpenGL on 2888 to see if the crashing is any better, if its not I guess I'll do Vulkan and then switch temporarily whenever there's a scene the yellow fog ruins.
looks like a yuzu vulkan bug (yellow water). Yuzu opengl should be ok, Ryu vulkan too.

Yuzu opengl gpu high 1x scaler bilinear = only missing particles
Ryu vulkan = only crashes on menu (5 in 20h for me)

Last edited by lippe,

tedios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryu both opengl and vulkan have visible memories during the fusions - only noticed missing particles during off-seeing cutscenes as it should have blue motes but particles only load if camera is close to the husks themselves and i'm using nvidia GPU

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryu both opengl and vulkan have visible memories during the fusions - only noticed missing particles during off-seeing cutscenes as it should have blue motes but particles only load if camera is close to the husks themselves and i'm using nvidia GPU
When I was playing Yuzu Vulkan I noticed during a scene in chapter 4 when two characters were looking at a view screen like thing the contents of the screen were pure blinding white. In Ryujinx there was a picture there. So I'd say Yuzu is probably missing effects here and there.

Ryouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I'm not sure but I think the mod has been leaked??? Just saw a post on Reddit.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but I think the mod has been leaked??? Just saw a post on Reddit.
Well good job to whoever leaked it. Literally killed the project. The ONE thing he asked was for it to not be public until it was ready. There's a permanent hold on releases now until its sorted.

Ryouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well good job to whoever leaked it. Literally killed the project. The ONE thing he asked was for it to not be public until it was ready. There's a permanent hold on releases now until its sorted.
Yeah, such a party killer. Looking at the screenshot it seems amazing. now all we can do is wait

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was playing Yuzu Vulkan I noticed during a scene in chapter 4 when two characters were looking at a view screen like thing the contents of the screen were pure blinding white. In Ryujinx there was a picture there. So I'd say Yuzu is probably missing effects here and there.

Here's what it looks like in Vulkan. Each of the mirror looking things in the background is supposed to have memory scenes playing

yuzu_2022_08_03_18_50_27_085.png

Latest Ryujinx (1.1.206) seems to fix my crashing issues, runs great! Can recommend now.

BTW what mod is the best currently for resolution (that works in 1.10)? I currently have one called 3x_ResMod but I've also seen Resmod, Quality mod, 4x mod, the musashi mod someone posted here, resmodalt and I'm sure there's others. Curious how they compare?

Ryouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Here's what it looks like in Vulkan. Each of the mirror looking things in the background is supposed to have memory scenes playing

View attachment 321020

Latest Ryujinx (1.1.206) seems to fix my crashing issues, runs great! Can recommend now.

BTW what mod is the best currently for resolution (that works in 1.10)? I currently have one called 3x_ResMod but I've also seen Resmod, Quality mod, 4x mod, the musashi mod someone posted here, resmodalt and I'm sure there's others. Curious how they compare?
Tested and the build still crashed for me.

It seems that the musashi mod gives the best visual quality and performance for me, using yuzu EA 2888

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 321020

Yep that's exactly what the view screen on Yuzu looked like in that scene. So that's definitely a Yuzu issue.

astranabeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If only Opengl on Yuzu wasn't a lottery I'd be fine using it instead of Vulkan but man it's 50/50 crash on loading save and loading shader. I can tolerate stutter but crash, nah. I just want Pentelas region to be playable. Vulkan near perfect if waterfall blind your screen is solve.

I tried Ryujinx too but this thing crash on start up whatever setting I used. Sigh.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If anyone wishes to try, this pull request fixes the crashing issues under OpenGL:
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/3542

Just grab ryujinx-Release-1.1.0+b6f2014-win_x64 from the second post. Make sure you select OpenGL, not Vulkan. I am personally unable to get a single crash anymore from the 90~ mins or so I tried.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

It's just the bloom fix from what i can see and the creator himself posted it on the yuzu discord and told people to share it so i don't really see the problem, it also doesn't really fix it it just makes it less bright.

Last edited by tet666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you