• Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know why you got banned you used a smaller title certificate, 1 2 Switch 1.85GB in size and used it in a larger game Mario Kart 8 7.43GB that's why, if I was you and everyone else pick the biggest retail title you can find preferably Zelda, Doom, Skyrim, Payday 2 etc.. anything around the 14.8GB in size and extract that header and import it in your games. It works exactly the same as the 3ds did, the pattern is uncanny!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now remember your using a card 2 game here Mario Aces online, it wont work you will need a card 2 certificate from a retail game to inject in to it, its the same way as the 3ds worked you needed card 2 headers to work on card 2 roms, again the size mattered in this case. Don't use Mario Tennis online with a card 1 certificate you will get banned for sure! Stick with card 1 certificates on card 1 roms and visa versa, card 2 certificates on card 2 roms, again size matters bigger certificates injected the better ;)
This is good information to know thanks, I was never a part of the 3DS scene.

Last edited by Rel,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I registered just to chime in.

Yesterday I injected my MK8 cert to Mario Tennis Aces and it was working just fine, will let you know guys if I get banned. Hasn't happened yet.

Been playing Rocket League, Splatoon 2 and Martio Tennis all with the same cert, no issues so far.
You need to get offline ASAP I can assure you, you will get banned using a card 1 certificate on a card 2 title it will happen eventually. IF you want to get banned carry on but using a mk8 certificate on a larger title will flag for a ban it’s probably happened already it’s just a matter of time Nintendo enforcing it

Last edited by Reecey,

Shari

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to get offline ASAP I can assure you, you will get banned using a card 1 certificate on a card 2 title it will happen eventually

I appreciate the input mate, won't play Mario Tennis online anymore although it might be already too late for me.

Anyway just wanted to give my two cents and say it does, technically, work.

Wasn't planning on buying any card2 game or paying to play online altogether so I guess I dont care much.

dsafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know why you got banned you used a smaller title certificate, 1 2 Switch 1.85GB in size and used it in a larger game Mario Kart 8 7.43GB that's why, if I was you and everyone else pick the biggest retail title you can find preferably Zelda, Doom, Skyrim, Payday 2 etc.. anything around the 14.8GB in size and extract that header and import it in your games. It works exactly the same as the 3ds did, the pattern is uncanny!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now remember your using a card 2 game here Mario Aces online, it wont work you will need a card 2 certificate from a retail game to inject in to it, its the same way as the 3ds worked you needed card 2 headers to work on card 2 roms, again the size mattered in this case. Don't use Mario Tennis online with a card 1 certificate you will get banned for sure! Stick with card 1 certificates on card 1 roms and visa versa, card 2 certificates on card 2 roms, again size matters bigger certificates injected the better ;)

welll then the bst things if i've a doom original certificate i can put on all backup games V1.....then now i need a V2 15Gb games certificated for all v2 true? atm no games v2 with that size?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
welll then the bst things if i've a doom original certificate i can put on all backup games V1.....then now i need a V2 15Gb games certificated for all v2 true? atm no games v2 with that size?
No but as long as you don't go online with the game you should have no issues, its not stopping you from playing the campaign game turn your wifi off to be safe. All switch titles from now on are card 2 so its only a matter of time before a big card 2 title gets released to replace the certificate with it, Wolfenstein 2 will be a card 2 title, that's probably a wise purchase for a card 2 certificate to use. By the way this is not concrete evidence but it makes complete sense from the 3ds scene. If you want to go online with Mario Aces and inject a zelda certificate in it, its totally up to you I'm not stopping you but what I will say you will probably get flagged for a ban going online using a card 1 certificate on a card 2 game so I'm suggesting not to do it.

Last edited by Reecey,

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if they are hashing the game card you'll probably want the certificate of a game of the same size.

Making a wild guess, but using a certificate of a game of the same size and game card type should keep you safe.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if they are hashing the game card you'll probably want the certificate of a game of the same size.

Making a wild guess, but using a certificate of a game of the same size and game card type should keep you safe.
It doesn't matter as long as the certificate is sourced from a big title 14.8GB's, the biggest Nintendo Switch has released at this time, it wont matter injecting in to any sized rom, its the other way round that matters injecting a smaller certificate into a bigger rom.

Reactions: Rel

dsafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well a little and easy resume when wolfstein 2 come out and if is a V2 with biggest cart size i can put on all other v2 backups games? and i can put in V1 too or i need a like doom cert for V1? because i wanna see if i've to buy only wolfstain 2 or doom too ^^

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
well a little and easy resume when wolfstein 2 come out and if is a V2 with biggest cart size i can put on all other v2 backups games? and i can put in V1 too or i need a like doom cert for V1? because i wanna see if i've to buy only wolfstain 2 or doom too ^^
Sometimes the certificates can be edited using hxeditor. I'm not sure if this can be looked at but we would need a genuine certificate from a card 2 game to verify it.

All I can understand at the moment use card 1 certificates for card 1 roms, use card 2 certificates for card 2 roms but always inject a bigger retail certificate in the rom your going to use online.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: MonMonz

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but as long as you don't go online with the game you should have no issues, its not stopping you from playing the campaign game turn your wifi off to be safe. All switch titles from now on are card 2 so its only a matter of time before a big card 2 title gets released to replace the certificate with it, Wolfenstein 2 will be a card 2 title, that's probably a wise purchase for a card 2 certificate to use. By the way this is not concrete evidence but it makes complete sense from the 3ds scene. If you want to go online with Mario Aces and inject a zelda certificate in it, its totally up to you I'm not stopping you but what I will say you will probably get flagged for a ban going online using a card 1 certificate on a card 2 game so I'm suggesting not to do it.
LEGO Incredibles would be a good game to use currently for Type 2, it's 16GB's.

Reactions: dariakyl and Reecey

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LEGO Incredibles would be a good game to use currently for Type 2, it's 16GB's.
Smells like a cheap secondhand game too :P
I will wait to Lego incredibles then.

Last edited by dariakyl,

Killahbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why everyone makes a big deal about being banned. I have owned a switch from day 1 and never played online. I could care less if i got/get banned.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont understand why everyone makes a big deal about being banned. I have owned a switch from day 1 and never played online. I could care less if i got/get banned.
Well that's your decision, there are also people that like playing online you know :huh:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't pirate lol Seems like a simple solution to me.
Historically speaking, Nintendo's been known to be the least stringent when it comes to passing out bans. There are plenty of users who can make claims of running backups, modding games, or even outright cheating without a ban in sight. However beginning with the seemingly random 3DS banwaves as well as the evidence supporting the Switch is more geared towards securing bans, some people are having second thoughts.

Freddie81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read alot of ”i got banned” etc.
What does that really mean?

MAC-address ban or some kind of special key ban?

Last edited by Freddie81,

Killahbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Historically speaking, Nintendo's been known to be the least stringent when it comes to passing out bans. There are plenty of users who can make claims of running backups, modding games, or even outright cheating without a ban in sight. However beginning with the seemingly random 3DS banwaves as well as the evidence supporting the Switch is more geared towards securing bans, some people are having second thoughts.

I agree, I also think you provided some valuable information there, my point earlier was simple If you love online play, historically modding consoles has never worked out well for modders. It's just a game of cat and mouse. :)

Last edited by Killahbyte,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
IM BANNANAS thread is a false alarm, so ignore this. Im not banned yet..
I will update when i will be banned. Stay tuned.

So, you have been playing online game with this method and no ban? With a cert from another game? (ex zelda with mario kart 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....