Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

D

Deletedmember448668

Whats odd is seeing people that have no clue on what gbatemp was built on.....

You are in a board that piracy was always open like that... It still is if you check xbox 360, 3ds and such sections.

And It will be here with guides and stuff just the likes you can find on the Wii/U section

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

So please, dont go around with "these days" because it was ALWAYS the case. The only reason that this section was homebrew centered was because there was no known way to load backup. Thats it!
There is a difference between backing up the games you have personally bought and outright downloading full games for free and using them. Even then its specifically against Nintendos policy. The only point was to support developers, how are you going to argue with that? It takes years to develop a game. And youre basically saying it's okay for me to go into GameStop and grab all the games I want and walk out without paying? This forum is titled Switch hacking and homebrew, NOT Switch Piracy. Give me a fucking break...

Last edited by ,

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a difference between backing up the games you have personally bought and outright downloading full games for free and using them. My only point was to support developers, how are you going to argue with that? It takes years to develop a game. And youre basically saying it's okay for me to go into GameStop and grab all the games I want and walk out without paying? This forum is titled Switch hacking and homebrew, NOT Switch Piracy. Give me a break...
Pitacy is part of hacking

Reactions: Centergaming

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games download game files from the eshop ? or from nintendo network ? so how does it work
Game updating is still on the questions list. Asked Gary at MC, will report back if info comes by.
(in the promo video when the update prompt came up when launching a game came up, they skipped it and launched without updating, but that may have been for quickly demonstrating fast game switching)

Doctopus18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, several questions: Could we install games from the SD card for example? Can we dump ROMs? Is it better to buy it now? and the most important :

Will a free solution appear ???

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your guess on if we can play Splatoon Online with the ROM dump?
I don't know about network connectivity yet
That's one thing the didn't mention. But I'd think network access should be possible with risk of ban

I don't play online so I don't care

TechniMyoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I get that the RCM mode would/should only work on one switch, but given you need the dongle to boot the regular way it shouldn't be locked to one switch. I really don't like the idea that if my switch dies and I get another one (or because a Legend of Zelda collector's edition comes out and I upgrade) I have to get another dongle.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
At least one more question remains unanswered... What about title updates? Cartridge dumps are outdated and bugged in most cases. It would be nice if there was a way to install title updates, from Nintendo CDN (like 3ds cfw) or external sorces (like x360 rgh).

If you can use the latest firmware you can access eshop. The only thing would be pirated dlc that is missing

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your guess on if we can play Splatoon Online with the ROM dump?
I don't want to be too optimistic on this one, but I highly doubt nintendo has a way to see if you're running a dump or a legit cart, so my answer would be yes, obviously the paid online service will still be needed in the future, the only risk here is getting banned and losing the months you paid for...time will tell

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you can use the latest firmware you can access eshop. The only thing would be pirated dlc that is missing

Well in the Video they are in Plane mode, so prob. wont work. Only stuff we could do is "Pre-Download" the Updates if this still working?

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, several questions: Could we install games from the SD card for example? Can we dump ROMs? Is it better to buy it now? and the most important :

Will a free solution appear ???

The games are not 'installed', they are loaded from the root of the sdcard and pretending to be cartridges.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want to be too optimistic on this one, but I highly doubt nintendo has a way to see if you're running a dump or a legit cart, so my answer would be yes, obviously the paid online service will still be needed in the future, the only risk here is getting banned and losing the months you paid for...time will tell

I think the Video showed Airplane mode, so prob. they only enabled Backup Loading. Since no E-Shop Games working, they may cracked in there with a very dirty Method, that is shit but working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag