Hacking Question Xecuter SX and game DLCs

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
BBB have already released an eShop game so we know they can do it.
It'll just down to how the backup loader reads them if they're supported or not. I highly doubt Team Xecuter will leave that out.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't think you need to have the game card inserted to buy dlc on the eShop, it'll just say "hey this is dlc make sure you own the base game, you sure?"

vstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need to have the game card inserted to buy dlc on the eShop, it'll just say "hey this is dlc make sure you own the base game, you sure?"

The thing I'm worried is when you go to eshop/login your Nintendo account to buy DLCs, your switch may send the device log/info to Nintendo.

Reactions: Masacci0

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no possible way to know at this point if you'll get banned or not. It's all speculation at this point.

It's the Wii u scene all over again. We could play pirated dlc early on. Everyone was worried about a ban. It never happened. Only online cheaters. This was when Nintendo was focusing on Wii U. Not after they abandoned it.

Reactions: mmajunkie77

F1NATIK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If nintendo really wants to they could just embed some code in coming updates that detect if weve been running cfw or unauthorized code. They could also embed some code in coming firmwares that burn efuses to perm brick console or even burn efuses in a specific order to over power cpu until it fries.

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If nintendo really wants to they could just embed some code in coming updates that detect if weve been running cfw or unauthorized code. They could also embed some code in coming firmwares that burn efuses to perm brick console or even burn efuses in a specific order to over power cpu until it fries.

Only if they want to be hit with massive lawsuits. One thing is to ban from online content, other is to fry a console on purpose

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Couldn't they also change it for the 3ds? They never did that. I'm not disagreeing I'd just assume if they were taking that approach they'd have done it on the 3ds too.
Idk. For that I don't know enough. Nintendo got more aggressive against hacker so I think it's more likely now, but if it was already possible in the past Idk.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy, we just need an header patcher like the one for the 3ds so we can load our private headers.

not easy, as headers are unique so if you log onto the eshop with one that is already in use, no more eshop for you...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everything that is being dumped (by BBB?) will be usable in the near future so it's a question to BBB in the first place whether they'll be able to dump updates and DLCs as well.
Then the only question is whether updates/DLCs have to be patched into the XCI files like we did with "Loadiine ready" games for the Wii U or whether the backup loader (from SX OS) will be able to to look for something like
Code:
Zelda.BotW.xci
Zelda.BotW_update.xci
Zelda.BotW_dlc.xci
to be present in the same folder.

that or a freeshop equivalent, in fact i imagine that VERY soon someone is going to make one, if it isnt in the works already.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that or a freeshop equivalent, in fact i imagine that VERY soon someone is going to make one, if it isnt in the works already.
There will NEVER be a freeshop!
The only thing that someone could make is a homebrew that downloads games and stuff from a specific hosting site (like Google Drive) but from Ninty's servers there's no way this time.

Reactions: GamingAori

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not easy, as headers are unique so if you log onto the eshop with one that is already in use, no more eshop for you...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said we use our private headers ripped from one of our original games, of course we must be the only one having and using it.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said we use our private headers ripped from one of our original games, of course we must be the only one having and using it.

it doesnt matter, nintendo knows what game it is. Lets say you were gonna rip from a game like, payday for example, and you were gonna use it for mario tennis, nintendo can see " huh, this payday 2 guy is somehow accessing mario tennis servers....

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There will NEVER be a freeshop!
The only thing that someone could make is a homebrew that downloads games and stuff from a specific hosting site (like Google Drive) but from Ninty's servers there's no way this time.

That's what people said about the 3ds....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage