Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.2

TX is back again with another nice update to their 'SX Installer' app, check out all the v1.2 details below:
SX_APP_12.jpg

We are not even half-way thru first month of the New Year, and we have yet another release from Team-Xecuter, this time around its another big update to their SX Installer app, with v1.2 adding 'dumping of installed eShop games to NSP' and much more, check it out:
Your friends are Team-Xecuter are back today with SX Installer v1.2

This is a refined, polished version of the super tool all SX OS users love.

A lot of improvements and bug fixes in this version. Here is a short list of the change log:
  • Fixed save games not backing up sub directories
  • Fixed save game restore.
  • Fixed nut server installations.
  • Fixed touch screen on some screens.
  • Reduced memory consumption by ~30%.
  • Improved stability of nut USB installs.
  • Improved usbhdd stability.
  • Added hex viewer to file browser.
  • Added ability to dump installed eShop games to NSP (ftp, usbhdd, SD).
  • Please be mindful that games larger than 4GB cannot be dumped to fat32 file systems.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
Enjoy!
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—​

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole
 
SBM u can rename your xci or nsp any way u like :)
Gamename [I.D].xci gamename (Region) [I.D].nsp
Just go to settings and add it ..
so I used switch backup manager and renamed it to include title id and sxos installer loaded very fast. you will need to update the keys.txt because the one that SBM comes with or downloads, is not updated to include master key 5 or 6.
 
Are you smoking too much pot? You’ve asked the same question several times all on different updates. So yes, it will ignore firmware requirement most installers do unless it gives this as an option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I’ve noticed it still doesn’t delete properly after install. Yes it does delete your nsp but still shows the nsp within the menu unless you go back out of the app and back in again.
I am not unfortunatly :P It wasn't clear in the other update thread and since there's no option in the installer, I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the answer.
 
I am still not fully aware of the difference between SX-Installer and the built-in installer that comes with SX OS

This entire idea of having a separate app seems pretty redundant
 
Just a suggestion for mods.. since there is a new thread for every incremental release related to SX, why not lock the older ones when a new one is made to help keep the forum better organised?
Bring it up on the Site Suggestions forum, more likely to be seen by one of the higher ups there.
 
I am still not fully aware of the difference between SX-Installer and the built-in installer that comes with SX OS

This entire idea of having a separate app seems pretty redundant

SX OS Installer is 'basic lite' everyday for everyuser, just supports usbhdd, sdcard -- But the external SX Installer, does much more, its like 'advanced' installer for power-hungry users, that have setup a nut server at home to store all their files, or have access to private remote ftp seedbox with files, and also now supports dumping of your legit eshop games so you can share them between switches, and other management things like ticket removal, file browser, and adding updates/dlc all in one step along with base game, and launching of items too. -- Its not needed for majority of sx os users, its just an added tool for getting more of your switch! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bring it up on the Site Suggestions forum, more likely to be seen by one of the higher ups there.

If i had the some basic mod powers, like to lock a thread, or change a thread title I would help out with keeping it more organized here.
 
SX OS is the least buggy CFW, Wat?

Tales of Vesperia refuses to run in SX OS unless I toggle Airplane Mode first. Works normally on Atmo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is problem with people using both 90DNS and Stealth mode -- If you disable 90DNS and have Stealth mode on ToV works fine with no online logging. -- Having both on, it will crash.

I'd prefer not to have to toggle off a 'stealth mode' thing I do not care about at all each time I boot. I do not have 90DNS configured.
 
Hi can you explaine please what you mean by “titleid” and how do I find it etc
XorTroll has not posted a working NSP dumper. And none of his code was used. The method to dump the NSP's is actually pretty different, which would be apparent if you actually tried both methods :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------



ensure all of the XCI's on your USBHDD have [titleid] in the filename, so it does not have to do a slow deep scan for the title id.[/QUO
 
Next GoldLeaf update release; submit it to that user news section and see if it hits front page

edit: i just realized this post had nothing to do with the front page news

Gold leaf was already on front page, and was in the gbatemp news
Hi can you explaine please what you mean by “titleid” and how do I find it etc

you can look up the title id's here: http://nswdb.com/
 
  • Like
Reactions: fixingmytoys
Why I ask is because Switch backup manager names file like this:
0100000000010000 - Super Mario Odyssey.xci
No brackets..

sigh.. in Switch Backup Manager click the FILE, OPTIONS, AUTORENAMING tabs then select the CUSTOM OPTION and change it to:

{gamename}[{titleid}]

easy.
 
Last edited by gizmomelb,
Tales of Vesperia refuses to run in SX OS unless I toggle Airplane Mode first. Works normally on Atmo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------



I'd prefer not to have to toggle off a 'stealth mode' thing I do not care about at all each time I boot. I do not have 90DNS configured.
you can just play with an unlinked user and you don't have to toggle airplane mode.
 
Last edited by comput3rus3r,
Tested and worked

NSP > XCI using NSCBuilder

Install that XCI using Rommenu

Dump that game to NSP using SX Installer 1.2

Install dumped NSP

All worked perfectly

Also reading folder with a lot of XCIs to mount purpose is back on track again.

Thanks so much
now try to convert it back to xci and compare hashes and.......
 

Site & Scene News