Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.2

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jan 11, 2019.

1. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I am wondering if TX add option to install games from emunand to some kind of separate folder that main folder linked to nand :)

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    Just curious. Is there a negative/postive to using this over tinfoil? Or has gold leaf totally taken over tinfoil?

I've still been using tinfoil to install recent titles, and have had zero issues. Just wondering if using it vs.SX installer (or gold leaf) will eventually cause some kind of problem down the road.
    Sorry if this is an unjustified worry, I was just curious to continued use of tinfoil for .nsp file and update installs.

Thanks!

3. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Does this replace the standard SX menu, or is it an addition I need to open?

4. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    the latter

5. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    That's a shame, would of been a nice replacement for the main screen

6. Zdobuzdo

Zdobuzdo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Hi. Noob question. I am new in switch hacking. How and where to place installer 1.2? On root of sd card probably?

7. Wika

Wika Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    United States
    There's a newer version out 1.3 https://sx.xecuter.com/

the zip contain a switch folder, you can just place that folder directly on the root since the folder structure is already setup properly. All homebrew apps (.nro) should be placed in the switch folder

Zdobuzdo likes this.
  8. Zdobuzdo

Zdobuzdo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    My current installer is probably 1.0, i will check later, and 2.3 xs os. How to update both Ofw and Cfw, i know the best way is throw Choi, but how to update from 2.3 to 2.52? Probably replace boot.dat?

9. Wika

Wika Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    United States
    in the sxox menu Options > update SX OS if your switch is connected to the internet it'll automatically update to the newest version of sx ox on next restart, or you can simply replace the boot.dat on the sd card with the most recent one