OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcm-hyper-gear-lite.jpg

QUOTE said:
Overclocking the Nintendo DS is hardly anything new, but the mod-happy folks at XCM look to be taking a decidedly different approach with their new Hyper Gear case which, as you can see above, is actually a full-on replacement case for the currently non-hyper DS Lite. That approach gives you the added advantage of selectable turbo speeds and, of course, a rapid fire switch, both of which, as Technabob points out, will likely take quite a toll on battery life. No word on a price just yet, but it'll apparently be available from at least a few of the usual modding retailers in the next few weeks.

[Source]
[Xcm website]

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CockroachMan said:
Woah! That is.. pretty useless actually
tongue.gif

Could be useful to run some homebrew (Quake and Quake 2 DS have some performance issues).. but that's it..
i think with this it would become unplayable from overspeed.
from what i know overclocking the DS not only speeds up the calculation, but the entire game.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Does this let you turn it on and off instantly, and do you see the effect instantly in game?

If so this could be the equivalent of 'frameskip' on emulators, very useful for boring battles in RPGs, skipping enemy turns in advance wars and pokemon, generally
smile.gif

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I've seen that, actually auto-fire is one of the reasons I bought one, but before to install it on mother board, i'd like to get some feedback about the compatibility with homebrews, I'm curious if it's possible to optimize some emulators with this modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill