ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

danver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to him you don't.
You can only edit them 1 at a time, could be something the OP can add in a Mass quantity change for all items . The maximum isn't 999 its actually 1,023 and you can make more of the same item in multiple slots and they will stack ingame. Thats why summoning KOS-MOS isn't an issue anymore since we can have over 1,000 Legendary cores thanks to this editor no more repeated trips to the editor when we run out

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used them I even put three stacks of 99 used one of the 99 and it took two stacks away.
and did the number decrease to 98 or does it still say 99? If the number still decreased below 99 then that means Core Crystals cannot be duplicated into slots. Honestly tho you should just set them to 999 that should be well enough to get all the rare blades

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that n it just goes to 99 n when i use the last one there gone.
Ah ok yeah for now theres a fixed amount we can have for core crystals and 99 is the limit. I assumed they could go over the limit b/c every other item can including key items. I did see 4 stacks of 999 Legendary cores ingame, but after just using 1 reverts it back to 99. Maybe the OP forgot something here
HpKRLyV.png

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Update

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if anyone has a max affinity Corvin and Elma may you please post the affinity file,or just explain the hexadecimal thing to me idno. Also i think the program needs a centralized button that automatically maxs out affinity for blades/drivers,a button for maxing out all items as well(well a button on each tab in the items tab eg.items/collectibles etc.)

Reactions: Rockfello

Rockfello

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if anyone has a max affinity Corvin and Elma may you please post the affinity file,or just explain the hexadecimal thing to me idno. Also i think the program needs a centralized button that automatically maxs out affinity for blades/drivers,a button for maxing out all items as well(well a button on each tab in the items tab eg.items/collectibles etc.)
That would be great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't Elma and Corvin's chart but its the same deal. The important part to look here is the bottom 2 digit values that have the purple circle it need to be replaced. Elma and Corvin are the same setup.
[Red rows will be 0B, Blue, Green and Yellow will be 09] Also make sure to change the Count number to its Max Count for each skill. The easiest way to know what 2 digit value goes into a colored row is by completing at least 1 skill so you can see what it is on the editor, blue and green will always be 09 tho

Don't edit the first bottom skills they are usually already unlocked. If the blade has event quests might be safer just to do them manually so you'll have the cutscenes
Its probably best to have a screenshot of the chart your editing or looking at on screen so you know how many field skills the blade has in its row to match the editors don't want to unlock a non existent skill. Affinity charts are generally hard to explain b/c every blade is different, but yes this editor could definitely use a simplify method. The old Script editor could do it, but doesn't support DLC blades. Knowing how to do this will be better than waiting for someone to drop a save file every dlc release.
1WsN6nV.jpg

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Update
Reactions: chusski

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thanks a lot, it worked. So from now on its just Blues are 09,Reds/Yellows are 0B and Greens are 09. You change the count to the max count ONLY if it has something in Max.Count.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is my Corvin&Elma.zip . Must of not worked with the other persons due to maybe region,but these are mine use them as you wish

The zip folder above has my edited Corvin &Elma that works ingame

Attachments

• Corvin&Elma.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: MasterJ360

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ultimate weaponry? what is that

oh found it Ultimate Weaponry is in the items tab in Key Items, the ID is 407

tbh i wouldn't add it, just max out the affinity of your blades to get a ultimate and intermediate weaponry

also if your trying to get them just to increase your weapon stuff you can just mod that via the driver tab where it says set driver arts,just use the scroll then choose your weapon type and edit the weapon points

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably a dumb question, but how do I naturally level up the arts of Shulk & Fiora? I gave them items to grant them WP, but I can't select the arts to upgrade them.

Edit: nvm x-x seems my save is busted. Idk why cuz I never edited those 2 directly. Cuz Shulk and Fiora only have 1 Art and its unselectable. Have to Start all over again from scratch. fml
That is... a really strange phenomenon... could you please give more details regarding this?
Do you mean the Driver's Arts for Shulk's and Fiora's Weapons (Monado/Knives)?
Or are the Blade's own Battle Arts going missing?
Does the same thing happen with Elma and Corvin?
(Set Driver Arts and WP for DLC weapons are stored in a different section of the save file to all the rest)

Are you able to provide save files of right before/after this problem occurs?

Just wondering, is there a way to change the model for faked rare blades via Aux Cores? For example can I have a faked Brighid with the Crimson Orchid appearance? Because when you equip the Crimson Orchid Aux Core it doesn't change her appearance.
Why yes, you can :)
Well, not by using the Aux Core, but instead, you can just edit the Resource Data for the clone blade to sue the same model that the Aux Core would normally change to.

First, make sure you have cloned the blade sccessfully without any weird mismatches/bugs.
Then, go to Resource Data for your clone blade, and replace the Model Resource Name (and ONLY the Model Resource Name) with the model name of the alternate costume.

Here is a list of the Model Resource Names used by each of the costumes:
Code:
Savage Dromarch   bl/bl100501
Crimson Orchid Brighid   bl/bl101001
Mermaid-Blue Pandoria   bl/bl100901
Blue Sky Pyra   bl/bl120101
Carbon Mythra   bl/bl120201
Obsidian Dromarch   bl/bl120501
Jade Orchid Brighid   bl/bl121001
Magical Pink Pandoria   bl/bl120901
Pro Swimmer Pyra   bl/bl110101
Radiant Beach Mythra   bl/bl110201
Water Lily Brighid   bl/bl111001
Beach Date Pandoria   bl/bl110901
Loyal Bellflower Nia   bl/bl120401
Sincere Primrose Nia   bl/bl120402
Devoted Marigold Nia   bl/bl120403
So, for you to change a Brighid clone to use CrimSon Orchid Brighid costume, you would change the Blade's Model Resource Name to bl/bl101001.
However, make sure that the Motion Resource Name matches that of the Rare Blade you are cloning, or else you wil have problems with the 3D model's movement (ex. stuck in T-pose).
I don't seem to be able to open the program. Can someone advise how I run the application after I downloaded it, TIA.
Did you download the actual release, or just the source code?
The Download for the v1.3 Release is available here:
https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy/tags/v1.3

When I load my save, all I get is an error saying "Value of '24' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value

Data has not been loaded.

Here's my save file for troubleshooting, I've edited a save before but I'm not sure how to fix this.
Holy shit dude, your save file is corrupt AF! :O
Everything past the 1 Megabyte point in your file is corrupted garbage data...
What program did you use to extract this file from your Switch?

Maybe try using a different program to extract your save file?
(I use Checkpoint and have not had any coruption issues so far)
Is it possible to copy the pya/mythra transformation onto a common blade?
Not that I know of...
I didn't start his chart, just edited it to max the moment I got him but left his blade quest alone
Corvin's affinity chart nodes all revolve around his Blade Affinity Quest, so trying to max it out with the editor was probable a mistake...
Basically, Corvin's Blade quest starts with a cutscene where a whole bunch of NPCs ask him to do all sorts of errands... and those errands become the nodes on his affinity chart :P

So it would be best to do his Blade Affinity Quets first :)
if i set trust to 20k, will the nodes like 5k,10k..ect auto fill when i get +1 trust or will it bug out?
Yes, they should. I set all my Rare Blades' Trust to 10000 to easily open up All/Most of their Affinity Chart in-game.

how do i change all the collectibles to 999? do i have to do them one by one....?
In v1.3 there is a button to automatically do that now :P

Is there a way to enable the blade's intro movie in theater mode if you didn't get it via a core? I got tired of farming cores for kosmos and enabled her through the editor but I don't see her video.
Nope. Best thing to do is Release the rare blade and summon it this time for the cutscene.
Yes, you can now, ever since the Game Flag Data section was overhauled in v1.2. I even posted a screenshot of this in the first post when v1.2 was released :P

Go to Game Flag Data -> 1-Bit Flags
The Flags that control these Blade Awakening Cutscenes begin at 1-Bit Flag No. 46989.

i would love to know also how to add accessory slots to blade and drivers
For Common Blade Aux Core Slots, just modify the Aux Core Slots value on the Blade tab. I doubt you can go higher than 3 though.
For Rare Blades, it is unchangeable as it seems to be hardcoded into the game for them.

For Driver Accessory slots, it is technically possible, but I do not know where that data is actually stored inside the save file...
BUT
If you are in NG+, you can just give your drivers an extra 200000 bonus exp, then go buy the Accessory Slot Upgrade from the Travelling Bard in Argentum.

Ah ok yeah for now theres a fixed amount we can have for core crystals and 99 is the limit. I assumed they could go over the limit b/c every other item can including key items. I did see 4 stacks of 999 Legendary cores ingame, but after just using 1 reverts it back to 99. Maybe the OP forgot something here
Yeah, the game has different limits coded in for different item types, and just decides to enforce these limits if we go over it.

---------------

Hello again everyone!

Over the past few days I have had a couple of requests by users, and luckily happened to have a bit of spare time too, so now v1.3 is released with a couple of user requested features, making a few things more convenient.

1.3 Released!
Changelog:

v1.3
New Features from User Requests
- NEW FEATURE: Added Item sort function (Can sort by ID, Name, Qty, Equipped, Time Obtained, or Serial by clicking respective column header in Item grid
- NEW FEATURE: Added button to Max out Qty of all Items in currently viewed Item Box

v1.3 Download: https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy/tags/v1.3

And as always...
Enjoy!

Last edited by damysteryman,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit dude, your save file is corrupt AF! :O
Everything past the 1 Megabyte point in your file is corrupted garbage data...
What program did you use to extract this file from your Switch?

Maybe try using a different program to extract your save file?
(I use Checkpoint and have not had any coruption issues so far)
I, uh, also used Checkpoint. My Switch isn't with me at the moment so I can't try and re-dump the save, but I was still able to play the game with no issues, everything was working properly. I'll try it again later.

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to make a button that adds all items that you don't have yet? But as a warning to only use it once story is done as to not glitch the game out.

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or even a more efficient search where you can type like rare/epic/legendary in the search/add functions and it only shows those

Also question what happens if you add a third accessory to a driver like Rex and the others if you don't have the third accessory slot unlocked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks