Xbox won't turn on?

Drud1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently picked up a version 1.6 at a local flea market for very cheap. The problem lies in the fact that when I brought it home, it wouldn't actually turn on. I checked a few different videos online and I've heard that a bad capacitor is likely the culprit. I have also heard that one of the transistors could be bad. I have connected a multimeter up to the various transistors and I get a readout close to 0 volts, when it is apparently suppose to be close to 3 volts. There are also a number of oozing capacitors. The capacitors are obviously a problem, but I am still unsure whether the transistors are ok. Any ideas? Thanks!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it has a lot of leaking caps and they have been leaking for a long time then your traces might be corroded.
Then it's pretty much beyond repair unless you repair the traces.

Drud1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has a lot of leaking caps and they have been leaking for a long time then your traces might be corroded.
Then it's pretty much beyond repair unless you repair the traces.

I'll be sure to inspect various traces on the motherboard for corrosion then. Thanks for the tip!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...