PS5 Blue light single beep & turns off

Sanochi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
My friends ps5 got liquid damaged around the output ports. I've done a lot of tests for shorts to ground but there do not appear to be any.

When I power it up it beeps and gives me a blue light which turns off again after a second. The current it daws on idle is 0.004A, during the startup it goes to 0.290 +/-

All fuses are intact and give outputs except fuse F5401. It still conducts but there are almost no voltages present (see picture). I also am not sure if F5402 is 100% correct as there is 8.9V before a what I assume is a resistor and 0 volt after it. Reading the value of it while still on the board is 265K ohms.

I am getting some voltages around the HDMI IC when I power it up and nothing is shorted so I think that IC is still fine.

Something else to note is that none of the USB ports get any power however I don't know if that's normal when the device is off.

I do have the equipment and skills to measure and repair electronics but I'm really bad at finding faults. I just repair stuff for friends and family as a hobby.

Currently I'm thinking something is wrong on either of those 2 fuses their circuits or it's the southbridge

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to add, the board is EDM-010

An update here; I found the following capacitors & 1 inductor to be shorted to ground. This might be a low impedance circuit though so it might be totally fine. This circuit is near the ssd controller.

From what I found online, these are 560uf 267RH P v40 v70 capacitors

Could someone with the measurements confirm whether this is fine or not?

Another update, I found that on the 2 small circuits near the usb ports I am getting 5v input but no output from the IC. From what I saw in a video, there should be more voltages there than just the 5v.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpeg
    IMG_0982.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    820.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by Sanochi,

Site & Scene News