XBOX VS PS3

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TechWorld, Dec 14, 2011.

?

Which is better?

1. PS3

54 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. XBOX 360

38 vote(s)
    41.3%
Dec 14, 2011

XBOX VS PS3 by TechWorld at 7:51 AM (3,373 Views / 0 Likes) 68 replies

1. TechWorld
    OP

Newcomer TechWorld Newbie

United States
    Vote in the poll, it will decide which console i purchase.

2. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I voted PS3 even though I own an Xbox...
    Side Note: Controllers suck D:

3. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    PS3 > 360 IMHO. Prefer the games on the PS3 (always like JRPGs and the lot more on the PS3).

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Neither. Get a Wii.

2 people like this.
  5. VLinh

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Oh boy, not this again. I'd go with emigre, get a Wii or PC.

6. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    PC>PS3>Wii

7. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    I vote for the ps3 because really 90% of the good games are multi platform, the ps3's harddrive is just a regular laptop drive so if you ever need a bigger one its not expensive, it supports pc usb controllers at least which is useful if you still have one laying around, the online is not paid (dont know if you are going to use it for priracy as in that case it wouldnt really matter), and the ps3 has more and better exclusives.

on the matter of the controller well its just preference I myself find it a little small but the xbox controller is a bit to big so it actually feels better than the 360 controller.

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    If you get an adapter to use a 360 controller on a PS3 (they exist, kinda expensive though), then PS3.
    Otherwise i'd get a 360 since most titles are on both anyway, and PS3 exclusives aren't really that fun, except Valkyria Chronicles...which by itself justifies purchasing a PS3.
    If I had bought my PS3, beat Valkyria Chronicles, and then my PS3 exploded right after...i'd have been completely satisfied with it.
    There's a few exclusive jRPGs on the PS3 that are also worth mentioning, like Tales of Graces F in march, or the better version of Eternal Sonata. It REALLY depends on what games you like though, asking the internet "which is better" is retarded, because everyone has preferences towards the console with more games they like, or which console delivers that game better (360 for online, PS3 for tending to have "better" versions of RPGs from 360).

PS3 controller is fine for slow-paced games like puzzles and turn based RPGs, but anything action or FPS is just ruined by it. Don't believe me? Play NInja Gaiden on both consoles. Best example ever. I nearly broke my disk in half when I bought and played Ninja Gaiden for my PS3. There's a difference between "preference" and "outdated and poor build quality".

9. Garuge

Newcomer Garuge Member

United States
    I don't really recommend buying something out of a couple of choices based on a poll.

It really depends on the games you like. If you're interested in JRPGs and stuff from Japan, get a PS3. If you're more of an FPS fan, then the 360.

And now from my experience... I've tried out both and I prefer the PS3, because it offers games I like that are exclusive. I also like how you don't need a subscription to play online, no region lock, and the controller is more comfortable for me. For the 360, I can't say much about it, but the controller is really nice for FPS games. Oh and it has shmups the PS3 doesn't have, like Mushime-sama Futari and Deathsmiles. Been wanting to play those two...

10. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    By the way, I was joking earlier. Get a Triple, the Wii is for women.

11. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    You shouldn't be making a poll to decide.

12. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    360 controller is the best controller made imo.
    After that comes the Gamecubes one.

As for consoles.
    If you like japanese games or more to the side of RPG's etc, then go for the PS3.
    General shooters and Halo etc. go for the 360.

Or buy both and hack them both.

13. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Although I'll say it's your opinion, personally I go with PS3. (Excluding the PC and Wii of course)

Here's how I feel:

Xbox:
    • Has more games in different varieties (Personal Preference - Although I find lacking in an actual hard copy MH game is really bad :P )
    • More robust online, but payable if you want to enjoy the fullest experience.
    • Kinect is a cool addon, but mostly intended for families/parties. (I find it very useful in such situations)
    PS3:
    • Has a nice quantity of quality games and varieties. (P3rd HD Japan only!?!? NOOOO :( D: :cry: )
    • Less robust online partially due to lesser RAM, but you do not need to pay (except PS Store purchases duh)
    • BD Movies + Games, although Blu-ray movies are region locked.
    • Future PS3 X PS Vita Play
    I don't get the fuss about the PS3 controller. It fits perfectly on my hand and I have no issues with it. That's good enough for me. :P

Let's be honest. The bold part is largely why I pick PS3, plus PS3 in Singapore is more affordable than 360.

tl,dr version: Still your choice, but for me I'll pick PS3.

1 person likes this.
  14. The_Hulkster

Member The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

When I decided between these two I just went with which console has the better feel.
    Mostly controller-wise.

9 out of 10 games are exactly the same on both consoles anyway.

Picked the 360.

15. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Picked the PS3. It is better than 360.

16. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
  17. The_Hulkster

Member The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

How can people say either one is the best console?
    I think it's just a matter of taste, really (think controller feel, menu feel, exclusives etc.). As the console are pretty much identical.

Maybe the consoles are not identical on the inside, but what they both produce is pretty much identical.

18. crimsonagent

Newcomer crimsonagent Member

United Kingdom
    id say xbox because both the ps3 and xbox has good games and good controllers but the only thing that ps3 is lacking is a better online. but i would like to stick to my mario kart and my blue shells thanks

19. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I'd side with the 360. Its controller is excellent (possibly the best controller period), Xbox Live is the better online service, it has a great library of games, and the achievements are damnably addicting.

That's not to say the PS3 is a bad console; far from it. I think that the 360 just edges it out.

20. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I voted 360. With the new hacks, you can hack 80% of them. The homebrew scene is well to do dreamcast well in the works, N64's initial release works pretty well, PSX works well enough for an initial release. The main thing PS3 has is subscription free online play.