Xbox PATA to SATA adaptor

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that adapter and it will not work under win 7.

I had a windows 10 VM laying around, just tested and it states within action replay it failed to emulate the memory card. Windows XP currently installing... 1.5GB HDD space, I might always leave this VM on my Mac since it is so tiny.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have that adapter and it will not work under win 7.[/QUOT
I had a windows 10 VM laying around, just tested and it states within action replay it failed to emulate the memory card. Windows XP currently installing... 1.5GB HDD space, I might always leave this VM on my Mac since it is so tiny.

Does anyone recommend any softmod guides to follow?

It's ok. The one is this section seems good.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

It's ok. The one is this section seems good.
Use my guide.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just drag the zip on the action replay program and let it copy over.

Softmod worked fine.

After disconnecting the console from ac and reconnecting it keeps asking me to set the time, which gives me the indication that the capacitor has gone. Hopefully it just doesn't hold charge and hasn't exploded all over the board. As soon as my tool kit arrives tomorrow, I will let you know.

If my HDD dies, how would I be able to create a new one, I have taken a picture of the HDD key, but just in case and also, for when I upgrade the HDD.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Softmod worked fine.

After disconnecting the console from ac and reconnecting it keeps asking me to set the time, which gives me the indication that the capacitor has gone. Hopefully it just doesn't hold charge and hasn't exploded all over the board. As soon as my tool kit arrives tomorrow, I will let you know.

If my HDD dies, how would I be able to create a new one, I have taken a picture of the HDD key, but just in case and also, for when I upgrade the HDD.
Just rip the capacitor off of the board with some pliers and the hdd key is useless when it dies you need a eeprom backup.When it's TSOP flashed look in the XBOX Hacking guide how to upgrade the hdd.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rip the capacitor off of the board with some pliers and the hdd key is useless when it dies you need a eeprom backup.When it's TSOP flashed look in the XBOX Hacking guide how to upgrade the hdd.

Are you able to tell me which version I have please? - I believe this to be either 1.4 or 1.5.

https://goo.gl/zmSLFn

I have opened this console first time in 13 years and it looks spotless! Don't think this was used much...

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40-45c is very good mine idles at 57c-65c.

Depends what your model is though, if it's 1.0/1.1 they are known to get hotter. But yeah decent temps. I'm undecided whether to buy a new HDD or use what I've got. I only use WD drives myself and have 1x2tb and 1x1.5tb spare. Maybe even a 1tb too.

What drives would you recommended?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what your model is though, if it's 1.0/1.1 they are known to get hotter. But yeah decent temps. I'm undecided whether to buy a new HDD or use what I've got. I only use WD drives myself and have 1x2tb and 1x1.5tb spare. Maybe even a 1tb too.

What drives would you recommended?
I have a 1.6 and i recommend Western Digital drives too use the 1.5tb one.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.6 and i recommend Western Digital drives too use the 1.5tb one.

Good idea, my pata to sata board will be delivered tomorrow. I'll do the tsop this week / weekend. Only two points.

After that which BIOS should I use to flash to the BIOS chip.

Also a HDD question. Can I just put the HDD direct in to the xbox and set it to format from there?

Is there a partition since limit / which file system do I need to use?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea, my pata to sata board will be delivered tomorrow. I'll do the tsop this week / weekend. Only two points.

After that which BIOS should I use to flash to the BIOS chip.

Also a HDD question. Can I just put the HDD direct in to the xbox and set it to format from there?

Is there a partition since limit / which file system do I need to use?
Look in the xbox hacking guide i made.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No don't get a chip.

My pata to sata board turned up today, so I thought I'd TSOP tonight. Everything worked first time. Flashing the bios worked great. HDD is unlocked and working. I had to format my HDD twice because for some reason even though using 128kb clusters it wouldn't detect the 1.3tb partition. Unleashed detects it, but evox reports different... oh well. What's the best apps to use for my to back up my disks to HDD dvd2xbox is purely backing up the video files instead of full game files for some reason?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
My pata to sata board turned up today, so I thought I'd TSOP tonight. Everything worked first time. Flashing the bios worked great. HDD is unlocked and working. I had to format my HDD twice because for some reason even though using 128kb clusters it wouldn't detect the 1.3tb partition. Unleashed detects it, but evox reports different... oh well. What's the best apps to use for my to back up my disks to HDD dvd2xbox is purely backing up the video files instead of full game files for some reason?
Use the the game ripper included in unleashx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER