'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that I'm going to skip this generation. I will just wait to see what the PS4 really has to offer at E3 to truly decide. I woke up 30 mins into the presentation, and was disappointed about what I saw. In all honesty, I felt that this could have been better prepared by E3, that way they could have shown off more of the console and the exclusives they are bringing. The only thing I really liked was the controller, and even then I did not like the D-pad on it.

D-pad looks like it won't accidentally go up and down, and if it turns out to be more clicky than the mushy 360 D-pad then it's an instant buy from me. I wonder if it will be compatible with 360? Microsoft probably didn't wait for E3 because they're not seeing it as a game centric device at all, looks like they're shooting for the general technology market instead, really dissapointing they think that the future of gaming has little to do with gaming.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PS4 and XOne are both extremely unattractive.

PS4 has a bad controller, and social features which is not that important.
XOne is more a Multimedia station with some kind of forcing online mode.

Both systems are not backward compatible which makes the current library completely useless.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Let me get this right, I buy COD:Ghosts and an xbox one and load it up onto my account and off I go killing dudes, then my son says dad can I have a go on my account, my response would be what?

A: Sure son fire it up and off you go.
B: mm next week when I get paid as I have to pay for the same game again for you.

?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
PS4 and XOne are both extremely unattractive.

PS4 has a bad controller, and social features which is not that important.
XOne is more a Multimedia station with some kind of forcing online mode.

Both systems are not backward compatible which makes the current library completely useless.

All the consoles look extremely unattractive, it's like the console makers had a dare to see who could fuck up the most and it looks like microsoft is winning.

i.imgur.com/CBgOczd.jpg

Apparently reception is negative to everyone except the press.

Reactions: papermanzero

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, indeed.
I will wait to see the evolution of the platforms.

My favorite was the XOne till the presentation yesterday.
In general I like to collect games and both consoles (PS4 and XOne) are preventing to play games of the current generation.
That's a pity.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, I don't want my games machine embedded in my living room entertainment centre because it means if the missus wants to watch fucking Grimm or Supernatural I can't play any games. If the Wii U can sort its library out, being able to still play those games on the sofa using off-screen play while someone else is watching the main TV is a much better feature in terms of making the device a usable entertainment hub than any of this 'Xbox Go Home' stuff, which I'll never use in my gaming loft outside of showing it off to people when it first comes out.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, I don't want my games machine embedded in my living room entertainment centre because it means if the missus wants to watch fucking Grimm or Supernatural I can't play any games. If the Wii U can sort its library out, being able to still play those games on the sofa using off-screen play while someone else is watching the main TV is a much better feature in terms of making the device a usable entertainment hub than any of this 'Xbox Go Home' stuff, which I'll never use in my gaming loft outside of showing it off to people when it first comes out.

Remember the Vita/PS4 duo should be able to accommodate you too.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is xbox made a deal with gamestop for them to handheld the digital trade system between gamers through the console itself w/o going to the store. They already claimed yesterday games could be traded digitally between players.

Seems like the Xbox One will have an online trade post powered by gamestop's gamestop now service. Now is an online pc stop made by gamestop. With let's you trade in your pc games bought from the gamestop digitally. Seems like they cut a deal with microsoft to expand it to the Xbox One.

I can't see any other reason gamestop would still carry the system.

Unless like some others are saying you need to have the disc for verifying ownership. Does that mean if fail verifying enough times the game automatically deactivates, I can see that as a possibility if players forgot to deactivate the game before they traded in.

Ugh Microsoft needs to straighten this **** out soon. But they probably won't until E3. Good or bad this mess is getting them a lot of attention.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really...
PS4 has the aspect for social features (youtube share, facebook, twitter ...) and the controller has pseudo innovation.

You can play your PS4 games offscreen on the Vita with Remote Play which is what Bluestar was saying he couldn't do with the new Xbox. How is that not the case? Am i missing something?

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the Vita/PS4 duo should be able to accommodate you too.

So he needs two systems to do what 1 system can......

As for the Vita Remote play.. I'll belive it when I see it.

*remembers PSP was supposed to remote play as well.. and we all know how that turned out*

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So he needs two systems to do what 1 system can......

That's not the point. The point is Remote Play....and if you have a Vita for portable gaming when you're not at home (the idea of home and portable/handheld consoles are different) and a PS4 for gaming on the big screen (when you get the chance) you lose nothing.

Or would you rather that the PS4 didn't have that feature because you need a Vita as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol