'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Backwards compatibility isn't something you can just add.

You can (via hardware add on). ^^
Btw I found the petition via google.

Microsoft cares as long as the people are complaining.
Windows Blue is one example. The Start Button and the Desktop are going to return due to the complains.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Backwards compatibility isn't cut because companies think people don't care. It's cut because the cost of adding it in far outweighs the benefits of the feature. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses to keep your prices reasonable.

Then again, they are shipping a Kinect 2.0 with every system; that must add a decent amount to the production costs. I'd much rather the Kinect integration be cut entirely for backwards compatibility, but seeing how Microsoft is building the entire system around the Kinect now, it'll take much more than just some internet petition to get them to change their entire design philosophy.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Backwards compatibility isn't cut because companies think people don't care. It's cut because the cost of adding it in far outweighs the benefits of the feature. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses to keep your prices reasonable.

Then again, they are shipping a Kinect 2.0 with every system; that must add a decent amount to the production costs. I'd much rather the Kinect integration be cut entirely for backwards compatibility, but seeing how Microsoft is building the entire system around the Kinect now, it'll take much more than just some internet petition to get them to change their entire design philosophy.

It's not about the "HOW" it's only about MS should offer the possibility.
Microsoft could offer a simple device to attach to the ONE which you have to buy separately.

And btw, the philosophy of MS is: To have ONE box for everything. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended