'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is set up perfectly now for Sega to come out of the darkness and introduce the Dreamcast 2. They have an hour show, and all they do is say "it plays games" and then go on to show trailer after trailer after trailer of games. No social bullshit, no streaming tv bullshit, no hand gesture and motion bullshit , just a good old fashioned console.

Do it....and take my money

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Check this out.

It looks much better than a Kinect, although I do notice some lag. But seeing how Microsoft didn't properly support the original Kinect I'm quite skeptical about how they will take advantage of it.

P.S.: Know that I think about it, even the Sega CD and 32X got better games than Kinect ¬¬

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the point. The point is Remote Play....and if you have a Vita for portable gaming when you're not at home (the idea of home and portable/handheld consoles are different) and a PS4 for gaming on the big screen (when you get the chance) you lose nothing.

Or would you rather that the PS4 didn't have that feature because you need a Vita as well?

More like I don't trust that feature to be implimented..... at all besides 1 or two games.

Kyle Hyde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After this show, I gotta say this is good news for Sony and Nintendo. From a gamer perspective, it was crap. I honestly hope they get to realize that their approach is destined to fail horribly. Nintendo/Sony stocks have risen while MS stocks went down after the event. Come on, there has to be something wrong.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I just tend to remember sony's other promises. "Toy Story like graphics!" for the PS2... The whole Remote play thing for the PS3... Oh yeah.. remember the Duel HDMI ports for the PS3 as well?

http://news.cnet.com/Microsoft-got-game-Xbox-unveiled/2100-1040_3-250632.html

"One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this right, I buy COD:Ghosts and an xbox one and load it up onto my account and off I go killing dudes, then my son says dad can I have a go on my account, my response would be what?

A: Sure son fire it up and off you go.
B: mm next week when I get paid as I have to pay for the same game again for you.

?
Great point. Others saw even more situations, lol.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great point. Others saw even more situations, lol.

I believe it will be system locked as well. So if he little Timmy wanted to play COD on his Dad's Xbox One he can. But if he wanted to play it on another Xbox One, he'd either have to use his dad's account or rebuy it. Same as the DLC & stuff has always been on the 360, expanded on the Xbox One to retail games. However microsoft refuses to verify this for anyone. They better give us clear answers soon.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eight new franchises? Oh please please please give us a FPS or two. God knows MS doesn't milk that genre to death.

Considering they have one FPS franchise yeah they don't.

Not that I'm exactly ecstatic for the system but not everyone should be so quick to jump down its throat.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lukewarm reception to the PS4. I'm pretty sure this is a shot at my grammar. At least, I think it is. Is it?

No I meant that people really liked the PS4 when it was announced, or so I thought. Tons of great features and some really good demos shown off. I mean for a brief glimpse/reveal it garnered considerable hype.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
No I meant that people really liked the PS4 when it was announced, or so I thought. Tons of great features and some really good demos shown off. I mean for a brief glimpse/reveal it garnered considerable hype.
From what I saw, it was mostly mildly positive reactions. It wasn't really OMGOMGOMG INNOVATIOOOOON!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper