'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yeah all in all the ps4 didn't seem to get any bad press that I have read.
and to be fair nor did the wiiU, until well it has no games.
I ain't seen any positive news on gbatemp for the XBox, well the odd one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I saw, it was mostly mildly positive reactions. It wasn't really OMGOMGOMG INNOVATIOOOOON!!!

I guess it differs from place to place but I thought people generally liked it. It showed off some good upcoming games (I mean a nice slew of first parties like Killzone, inFamous, Knack I think it was called, etc), some really neat features (lots of cloud features and cloud gaming with the Vita from anywhere is like omg wut), and generally it was a good conference. I think the only complaints were no price and the console wasn't actually shown.

EDIT: I mean the Xbox One showed off like... Call of Duty: Ghosts (which is coming to the PS4 and maybe the Wii U anyway) and they just said they have no IPs in the pipeline but nothing was shown off. I understand they're going for a more general approach to the console (where it's not JUST gaming which I think is absolutely fine) but gaming is still a key part of it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I guess it differs from place to place but I thought people generally liked it. It showed off some good upcoming games (I mean a nice slew of first parties like Killzone, inFamous, Knack I think it was called, etc), some really neat features (lots of cloud features and cloud gaming with the Vita from anywhere is like omg wut), and generally it was a good conference. I think the only complaints were no price and the console wasn't actually shown.

EDIT: I mean the Xbox One showed off like... Call of Duty: Ghosts (which is coming to the PS4 and maybe the Wii U anyway) and they just said they have no IPs in the pipeline but nothing was shown off. I understand they're going for a more general approach to the console (where it's not JUST gaming which I think is absolutely fine) but gaming is still a key part of it.
Well, yeah. I don't think anyone really minds that it's a general approach to the console. I mean, I know tons of people back in the day who got PS2's because it was a pretty damn decent DVD player if you didn't already have one. Like killing two birds with one stone. I agree that it's just that the XBOX ONE showed jack shit and what they showed was either pointless (voice commands, because if you can't get up your ass to turn your console on by fucking click a button that's 3 feet away, you're just fucking lazy) or just awful, like the always on and the XBOX Live syncing and shit like that.

I agree that the PS4 was positively received, but I didn't feel that the hype was huge, mostly due to the lack of anything incredibly new about it. It's fine, but nothing was groundbreaking enough to be big, unlike, say, the Wii, which was huge at release. It's a console of which I don't expect enormous numbers at launch based on the reactions.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah all in all the ps4 didn't seem to get any bad press that I have read.
and to be fair nor did the wiiU, until well it has no games.
I ain't seen any positive news on gbatemp for the XBox, well the odd one.

The mainstream media are being really positive about it. I don't understand why because there really isn't much to be impressed about but the media are impressed by the XBONE.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The mainstream media are being really positive about it. I don't understand why because there really isn't much to be impressed about but the media are impressed by the XBONE.
Would you say they have a boner for the X-bone?

But yeah, the press coverage is positive overall.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It can recognize voice command, interconnect all your electronics, you can use skype and watch TV or skype and game at the same time. It is a really advanced machine in terms of functionality and I bet many people would want it even if it wasn't for playing games. I still want to see how much it will cost.

Reactions: chavosaur

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It is a really advanced machine in terms of functionality and I bet many people would want it even if it wasn't for playing games. I still want to see how much it will cost.
No, absolutely not. You can do all that shit with a laptop. Consumers aren't that stupid. Sure, they can value unique features and stuff, but for chrissakes, no one wants to spend several hundred dollars to use Netflix and watch TV and use Skype with a random black box when they already have a smartphone, a tablet, a laptop, a desktop, and a TV that can do basically all of that.

Not saying it's a good console. Just saying that it will be a luxury VCR and we all know americans love to buy fancy pricey stuff
I'm not from the USA, and I'm already almost positive you have never talked to anyone American.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Not saying it's a good console. Just saying that it will be a luxury VCR and we all know americans love to buy fancy pricey stuff
If you really from Brazil, then you shouldn't talk that way. Brazilians buy stuff to impress friends much more than Americans do, we just don't have the same amount of money.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying it's a good console. Just saying that it will be a luxury Bluray player and we all know americans love to buy fancy pricey stuff

Fixed that for ya.:P No one in their right mind has a VCR anymore. ;) The aesthetics for this console are hideous, in fact, it makes the Atari Jaguar controller look innovative.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, absolutely not. You can do all that shit with a laptop. Consumers aren't that stupid. Sure, they can value unique features and stuff, but for chrissakes, no one wants to spend several hundred dollars to use Netflix and watch TV and use Skype with a random black box when they already have a smartphone, a tablet, a laptop, a desktop, and a TV that can do basically all of that.
I believe many consumers will want it, tell me your parents or your uncle wouldn't want a machine you can give voice commands to. This is stuff I've only seen in the Jetsons cartoon.

I'm not from the USA, and I'm already almost positive you have never talked to anyone American.
First of all, yes, I did. Second, aren't americans the one to buy the latest iPhone to use facebook and play Angry Birds? Just saying... :P

If you really from Brazil, then you shouldn't talk that way. Brazilians buy stuff to impress friends much more than Americans do, we just don't have the same amount of money.
You're right, but it really depends on which social medium you are considering. Anyway, it's a statistic fact that expensive computers and gadgets sell way more in the US than other regions

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Only the media is really praising the Xbox One, reception to it from everyone else is...well we already know what everyone thinks of it so far. Typical the media should praise things like no used games and twitter.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I believe many consumers will want it, tell me your parents or your uncle wouldn't want a machine you can give voice commands to. This is stuff I've only seen in the Jetsons cartoon.
First of all, yes, I did. Second, aren't americans the one to buy the latest iPhone to use facebook and play Angry Birds? Just saying... :P
Because an iPhone, whether you fucking like it or not, is an excellent smartphone that's easy to use with great functionality and the best app ecosystem available in the mobile market. I have never seen an iPhone that doesn't have 3 pages of apps filled with games and functionality apps in it. Just the truth. It's actually a good phone that serves a very good purpose. On the other hand, take away the XBOX ONE's gaming capability and you're left with what is essentially a very expensive and ugly paperweight.

And we're talking about its prospects if it loses its ability to game. It's useless. First off, phones and tablets have voice commands. It's not exactly a damn hovercar. Second, if I tell my uncle that there's a machine that can do pretty much everything a Smart TV does but has always on voice commands but doesn't have a TV included in it and costs a lot, they'd probably tell me to stay the fuck away from it. So no.

You're right, but it really depends on which social medium you are considering. Anyway, it's a statistic fact that expensive computers and gadgets sell way more in the US than other regions
To be honest, if you asked me which country has the highest gadget sales with respect to their population, I would've immediately assumed Japan. This has no statistical basis, but Japan's the first that comes to mind.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one in their right mind has a VCR anymore. ;)

There are still a few err classic horror films and TV shows not on DVD yet, quite a few legacy collections of stuff that is still quite watchable, until quite recently it was one of the easier ways to tape a show for your friends and I make a reasonable amount a couple of times a year by digitising old home videos for people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1