TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox_Live_on_Windows_8_250px.jpg

Major Nelson confirms Xbox Live on Microsoft's upcoming operating system.

We are confirming that we will be bringing Xbox LIVE to the PC with Xbox LIVE on Windows. We are very excited about Xbox LIVE coming to Windows 8. Xbox LIVE brings your games, music, movies, and TV shows to your favorite Microsoft and Windows devices," a blog entry read.

"Bringing Xbox LIVE to Windows 8 is part of our vision to bring you all the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about, made easy. At BUILD we are showing that it is easy for developers to create games for Windows 8 that take advantage of the power of Xbox LIVE. We have much more detail to share about the capabilities of Xbox LIVE on Windows and look forward to the opportunity to do so in the near future."

Xbox_Live_on_Windows_8.jpg

Microsoft showed an early development build of Windows 8 at the BUILD keynote earlier today. [/p]

icon11.gif
source

I smell premium apps in the distant future.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
It still looks awesome with Metro, tho.
And I suppose paying for online services would only come to mind for the "Games for Windows" titles. And since so many are gonna be multi-platform......

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bring XBLA to Windows 8 and I may get it. XBLA and being able to play games online cross platform would be the only reasons I'd ever want anything to do with the Live service.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Dark Langin said:
yeah and let us pay for online gaming on PC also...
This lol.
Now, all "Games for Windows" will require you to have xbox live membership for playing online
tongue.gif
Microsoft know they'd get huge backlash if they tried charging PC gamers for Online.
For Games for Windows Live only a Silver membership was required for the online. A Gold membership gave you access to the discounts etc. If they can somehow integrate full party chat (i.e chatting with friends on a PC from Xbox) in a GOld membership for it it would be great too.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
so does this mean that PCs with Windows 8 can be used as XBOX 360s?
If so, i may get a high-end computer to use as an XBOX 360 + you know, computer stuffs.

Not yet. Maybe with windows 9 in 3-4 years later. It seems microsoft is heading that route.

bazzi_h

Trophies
XP
Country
EU is going to throw the hammer at Microsoft again since this is totally anti-competive. It's the whole internet explorer defult browser in windows fiasco again except instead of company's like Opera and Mozilla complaining, it'll be Valve (Steam), D2D, Impulse, EA (Origin) et all.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
1st M$ is trying to turn windows into a tablet format and now their pulling this shit trying to make pc gamers PAY to play online?!
laugh.gif
THEY WILL FAIL!
As stated before, Games for Windows had Live too. And you didn't have to pay for it, only optional for discounts and such. It'll likely be the same for this. Does it really hurt to read?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1