XBOX Live 1.0 fanmade replacement server announced, titled "Insignia"

It has been a decade since the shutdown of XBOX Live for the original XBOX console, with no way to play games like Halo 2 online without having to make use of XLink-Kai. That is... until now. A brand new XBOX Live replacement server has been announced, titled "Insignia", developed by Luke Usher. You might have heard his name in the past, as he leads development on Cxbx-reloaded, one of the few Microsoft Xbox emulators out there. The main goal is to get online functionality, such as online gaming, friend lists and reporting systems all functional again, for absolutely free. A private test should launch around Autumn of this year, with more semi-private tests following, until an official release. Currently, there is no set launch date for the full release.

As a sidenote, signing up does require you to enter keys that are different from any XBOX, but tools should be ready on launch.

:arrow: Insignia Discord server

:arrow: Source: (Reddit)

D

Deleted User

Re: Xbox original Debuging With Pcie to Xbox Lpc/lba device (For Ntsc and Pal motherboards)
VAPORGRAM1590696839817.png
VAPORGRAM1590696927168_3_2.png
image3A4606_Glitch.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-28-10-08-36_Glitch.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MVG did a video on the current state of things/results of a private alpha

Looks pretty promising. Modded xbox will be best (granted I don't know who won't have such a thing, hopefully you can restore or boot the original dash if necessary, some later versions of softmod installers considered it dead and buried so might not do dual boot any more, or bypass live blocks on dashboards) but save game exploit apparently will be provided to spit out the relevant keys to use on stock.

Twatter for the team
https://twitter.com/Insignia_Live
13 games for launch but apparently a lot more have been tested
- Counter-Strike
- Crimson Skies, and its Live-enabled demo.
- Dead or Alive Ultimate
- MechAssault, and its Live-enabled demo.
- Midtown Madness 3
- MotoGP: Online Demo
- Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
- Star Wars Jedi Academy
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
- Unreal Championship
- Whacked! (and it's XBL Starter Kit Demo)
- Xbox Live Arcade
- XIII

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
MVG did a video on the current state of things/results of a private alpha

Looks pretty promising. Modded xbox will be best (granted I don't know who won't have such a thing, hopefully you can restore or boot the original dash if necessary, some later versions of softmod installers considered it dead and buried so might not do dual boot any more, or bypass live blocks on dashboards) but save game exploit apparently will be provided to spit out the relevant keys to use on stock.

Twatter for the team
https://twitter.com/Insignia_Live
13 games for launch but apparently a lot more have been tested
- Counter-Strike
- Crimson Skies, and its Live-enabled demo.
- Dead or Alive Ultimate
- MechAssault, and its Live-enabled demo.
- Midtown Madness 3
- MotoGP: Online Demo
- Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
- Star Wars Jedi Academy
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
- Unreal Championship
- Whacked! (and it's XBL Starter Kit Demo)
- Xbox Live Arcade
- XIII

Also been keeping close contact with one of the lead members, and they should open forms for a closed beta sometime in the future. Really cool stuff and I'm glad they're taking their time to deliver a quality revival.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insignia is now open for email registration and it has .xbe tool for registering the console and check it’s conectivity with servers:
https://insignia.live/
https://insignia.live/connect
Thank you for sharing this info with us. I assume the free invitation period won't stay for long, it'll stay maybe atleast until November 15th?
I understand the reason why they chose to do so, specially now, maybe it'll change later on..
Just registered btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1