Gaming Xbox 360's suspiciously cheap from seller on ebay

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Okay, I've been looking at buying a 360, and upon having a browse on ebay I discovered this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-EXClSE-SALE-X...4634.m332.l1262

An xbox with SIX GAMES, for under 50 pounds!!?? Sounds too good to be true, right? The seller is also selling laptops and lcd tv's for the same price. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Also, every single one of the seller's 30 positive feedbacks is from users with 0 feedback, which is VERY suspicious.

Still, I am tempted to buy one. If it's the real deal, it's an amazing bargain.

Am I an idiot?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hughjass said:
Okay, I've been looking at buying a 360, and upon having a browse on ebay I discovered this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-EXClSE-SALE-X...4634.m332.l1262

An xbox with SIX GAMES, for under 50 pounds!!?? Sounds too good to be true, right? The seller is also selling laptops and lcd tv's for the same price. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Also, every single one of the seller's 30 positive feedbacks is from users with 0 feedback, which is VERY suspicious.

Still, I am tempted to buy one. If it's the real deal, it's an amazing bargain.

Am I an idiot?

I smell A) A SCAM or B) right price but bet yer last £1 ...that its going to be £150 post and packaging! (altho it says free postage I bet its not!)

other items that seller is selling a 60inch Plasma for the same £49.90! YEAH RIGHT!

if it seems too good to be true then no doubt its a scam!

suggest EMAIL ebay and ask them what their thoughts are on this ..... it really does smell of SCAM to me!

edit my other question is ... if its REAL Customs and Excise sell off then why spell customs like this ... CUST0MS AND EXClSE

why spell it like a n00b with L33T speak?! it would be RETARDED of a UK Government business to write like they are 4 years old!

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
I discovered this at the bottom of the listing in tiny, tiny font. Not sure what it means though, I think thats the point, however.

Ebay/customer: Advert is copyright, any reproduction will be prosecuted, an http address only will be issued by this company, listing remains sole property.

Thinking about it, that sounds like they are saying they will only give you a web link, not the actual item listed.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hughjass said:
I discovered this at the bottom of the listing in tiny, tiny font. Not sure what it means though, I think thats the point, however.

Ebay/customer: Advert is copyright, any reproduction will be prosecuted, an http address only will be issued by this company, listing remains sole property.

Thinking about it, that sounds like they are saying they will only give you a web link, not the actual item listed.

yeah just seen that!

I suggest email ebay about this scammer and see how fast the page dissapears that they are selling www links for £50 ....seems to make sense though now why its FREE POSTAGE!

They can email it to you!

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Just reported to ebay. I hope they take notice! there are ten left to be sold in the listing, but I had a look and over 200 have already been sold! Not to mention whoever has bought the laptops and tv's! God this is awful, hundreds are getting ripped off here, I sincerely hope the seller doesn't get away with it.

I've seen quite a few scams on ebay in the past, but none this big!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging