Gaming Xbox 360's suspiciously cheap from seller on ebay

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Okay, I've been looking at buying a 360, and upon having a browse on ebay I discovered this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-EXClSE-SALE-X...4634.m332.l1262

An xbox with SIX GAMES, for under 50 pounds!!?? Sounds too good to be true, right? The seller is also selling laptops and lcd tv's for the same price. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Also, every single one of the seller's 30 positive feedbacks is from users with 0 feedback, which is VERY suspicious.

Still, I am tempted to buy one. If it's the real deal, it's an amazing bargain.

Am I an idiot?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hughjass said:
Okay, I've been looking at buying a 360, and upon having a browse on ebay I discovered this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-EXClSE-SALE-X...4634.m332.l1262

An xbox with SIX GAMES, for under 50 pounds!!?? Sounds too good to be true, right? The seller is also selling laptops and lcd tv's for the same price. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Also, every single one of the seller's 30 positive feedbacks is from users with 0 feedback, which is VERY suspicious.

Still, I am tempted to buy one. If it's the real deal, it's an amazing bargain.

Am I an idiot?

I smell A) A SCAM or B) right price but bet yer last £1 ...that its going to be £150 post and packaging! (altho it says free postage I bet its not!)

other items that seller is selling a 60inch Plasma for the same £49.90! YEAH RIGHT!

if it seems too good to be true then no doubt its a scam!

suggest EMAIL ebay and ask them what their thoughts are on this ..... it really does smell of SCAM to me!

edit my other question is ... if its REAL Customs and Excise sell off then why spell customs like this ... CUST0MS AND EXClSE

why spell it like a n00b with L33T speak?! it would be RETARDED of a UK Government business to write like they are 4 years old!

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
I discovered this at the bottom of the listing in tiny, tiny font. Not sure what it means though, I think thats the point, however.

Ebay/customer: Advert is copyright, any reproduction will be prosecuted, an http address only will be issued by this company, listing remains sole property.

Thinking about it, that sounds like they are saying they will only give you a web link, not the actual item listed.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hughjass said:
I discovered this at the bottom of the listing in tiny, tiny font. Not sure what it means though, I think thats the point, however.

Ebay/customer: Advert is copyright, any reproduction will be prosecuted, an http address only will be issued by this company, listing remains sole property.

Thinking about it, that sounds like they are saying they will only give you a web link, not the actual item listed.

yeah just seen that!

I suggest email ebay about this scammer and see how fast the page dissapears that they are selling www links for £50 ....seems to make sense though now why its FREE POSTAGE!

They can email it to you!

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Just reported to ebay. I hope they take notice! there are ten left to be sold in the listing, but I had a look and over 200 have already been sold! Not to mention whoever has bought the laptops and tv's! God this is awful, hundreds are getting ripped off here, I sincerely hope the seller doesn't get away with it.

I've seen quite a few scams on ebay in the past, but none this big!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    really have to buy the top end model to get a tv that doesnt have any of those compromises and that would've had more dimming zones too but i am not made o money
    Gift
    @Julie_Pilgrim "very bright" is essentially pure white
    Gift
    pure white doesn't show up all that much it's mainly when looking at a bright sky
    Gift
    and if the clouds in the sky have slightly less definition to them because i turned on the contrast enhancer who cares
    Gift
    that's not important
    Gift
    i can't tell the difference
    Gift
    but i can certainly tell the difference with black crush if i'm watching a scifi movie and i can't see wtf is going on
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is logarithmic, it's not linear. And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness. OLED'S look brighter then LCD's even when both are set to the same nit values because of the higher contrast ratio on OLED's
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's have a 3D look
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Charging port is more likely to fry up or battery fail before the display tbh lol
    Gift
    "And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness" it's not about perceived brightness it's about all HDR content in TV and movies being mastered for 1000 nits so it doesn't look right with anything lower, it's also about dynamic range
    Gift
    "OLED's have a 3D look" no they don't lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    As an owner of a OLED and you saying that you never seen an OLED I think I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm not talking about 3D as in 3D glasses. I'm talking about depth and pop in the picture
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I mean to be fair og vitas are still kicking and not many have suffered from pixel bleed and they're going on nearly 10 years
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's can get away with a lower peak brightness and still provide punchy HDR because of their contrast ratio. Like I said human vision is logarithmic. The higher the peak brightness the diminishing returns in perceived brightness.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Just get 5 years enjoyment out of it until Nintendy releases something and everyone forgets about switch games lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    @The Real Jdbye Oleds hit around 750 nits nowadays. The difference between a 1000 nit and a 750 nit isn't huge. It's only about a 4% increase in perceived brightness. Not huge at all. You'll need at least 2000 nit displays to notice a bigger difference.
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Read this thread it explains it. 1000 nits is not a huge jump from 750 the LG OLEDs can hit. As I said human vision is non linear.
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Not exactly 3D but the colors does pops out more
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    I just want a true dark mode theme
    for OLED Switch
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    yeah honestly i hate how the only two switch theme options are blinding holy light of god or grey
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    Kill eyes OR bore eyes to death
    +1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker
    Gift
  • F @ Forseenink3938:
    Can anyone here please help me on how to use TickCrypt 2.0?
    Gift
    F @ Forseenink3938: Can anyone here please help me on how to use TickCrypt 2.0?