FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First up if you have a JTAG machine do not even think about running this or having it on the same USB drive as this. Wait for a freeboot update (indeed it might even come before the official release). It does throw into question those Kinect beta releases though.

Others I am not sure if bans will happen but you will almost certainly lose live capability up until it becomes official.

Now that is over much like the NXE dash before it the new dashboard (NXE with a few tweaks according to the video), 9199 or to give the full name 2.0.9199 is the current public release and this is 2.0.12416
A video and a download for those that want it is over on digiex
http://digiex.net/content/150-download-xbo...-right-now.html and thanks to Logic Sunrise for pointing out this one:
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-136167-l...r-la-toile.html

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
If I install this on my flashed 360, will I need to un-flash and then re-flash because some people seem to recommend doing that though I personally don't understand why...I'm considering installing it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the unflashing thing came about as someone said it might be a flashed possible detection method- it was never explained (not to mention it makes very little sense) or even emphasised (splitvid is a must, this was mentioned in passing).
Not to mention if you have an offline 360 (which you will have if you use this) then it does not matter anyway.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Updating JTAGed consoles with stock M$ updates are FAiL anyways. hehe
I think the new look is quite nice, but i wont test this until the final version because i like having Xbox Live connectivity.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Looks kinda weird for me too.
dry.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a n00b question(please do not mind)

Can this update safely be installed on a unmodified XBox 360 Slim? AND can this result a xbox live ban?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it can be installed on a slim, I would be stunned if it banned you entirely (stick it on an unmodified USB drive is hardly a hack) but it will drop you from live until the official release date.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
Yeah it can be installed on a slim, I would be stunned if it banned you entirely (stick it on an unmodified USB drive is hardly a hack) but it will drop you from live until the official release date.

And if I may ask when is it?(is it know?(release date)

Edit: Did read release is in November?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this going to be optional?
Because that looks like a complete downgrade to what the dashboard currently is.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Is this going to be optional?
Because that looks like a complete downgrade to what the dashboard currently is.
You won't have to download it when it it's released. However, if any game discs come with it you'll have to install it to play the game.

If you have flashed your drive, you'll probably be able to rip out the update.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wonderful.
Glad i'm forced downgrade my fucking dashboard to accommodate an overpriced childrens accessory.
Thanks microshit. Ugh.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes! I installed it and before because my 360 was banned i couldn't install games to the HDD, and the ones that were installed wouldn't load from HDD, now it is loading. :]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: there is a panda in chat, that is true +1