Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197209.html

Summary?

Arcade is now $199, the 60GB model is a hundred dollars more for $299, and the 120GB Elite is now $399. This comes hot on the heels of a similar price drop in Japan, meaning that it is now lower in price than the Wii in both NA and JP.

While the Arcade is "gimped" in a way with the lack of hard drive, but if you want to play X360 games, now would be the time. Though one can't help but ask, with Nintendo now unseated as the lowest-priced system on the market, what would their response be?

Edit: Removed false information, and anything else I can't confirm (I really need the system in my hands if I'm gonna report on it >_>)

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, the Arcade can't play any Live? Dude, that's the whole reason anyone would buy a 360!

Monster On Strin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want an elite but its still pretty expensive
frown.gif

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can be wrong here, since I only bought my dad the Arcade last Christmas, but I'm pretty sure it is Live-incapable somehow. Don't quote me. I may be wrong, and it instead lacks an internal wireless adaptor, meaning you need a wired connection to get it online, which we are lacking. It still acts as though you can get on Live though we have no way at the present.

My apologies if I am spreading false news. =\

Edit: Okay, it seems that Live DOES work on an Arcade. My apologies! I'll fix my original post.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
I can be wrong here, since I only bought my dad the Arcade last Christmas, but I'm pretty sure it is Live-incapable somehow. Don't quote me. I may be wrong, and it instead lacks an internal wireless adaptor, meaning you need a wired connection to get it online, which we are lacking. It still acts as though you can get on Live though we have no way at the present.

You can have x-box live you just need to buy the ethernet cable and have broadband i am pretty sure i think the arcade version even gets 1 month free of xbox live gold

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
Doomsday Forte said:

You can have x-box live you just need to buy the ethernet cable and have broadband i am pretty sure i think the arcade version even gets 1 month free of xbox live gold
If so, then I might use this against my parents:
"You seem so willing to buy an underpowered fad called the Wii for $250, so would you consider buying a 360 for only $200 now?"

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I have everything factual now. I'm trying to figure out just what exactly an Arcade LACKS apart from the HDD. That means you can't play old Xbox titles, save to HDD, and do HDD-installs, but you can still throw one in there at a later time.

...right?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait- can't you just buy HD Cables, a Broadband cable, and Live? Or does this type of 360 just not support it?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even at $299, the 60GB version seems like a decent deal, considering what they're charging for the Wii. And I won't go there...

Only thing that still leaves me cold with the system is its insane failure rate. MS still doesn't have their quality control under control -- at least not to my liking. Even if they replace systems with little hassle, it's still a hassle to deal with shipping systems back and forth two or three (or more) times. That's the kind of shit that frustrates me into a froth.
dry.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The only actual feature of older models that couldn't be added with a first-party add-on, was the HDMI port.

A headset can be bought. Same with the hard drive, Live, component cable, etc.

I'm not counting the Elite system color or faceplate as a "feature" for obvious reasons. Since that's cosmetic.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
The arcade version of the 360 is EXACTLY, down to the HDMI port, the same as the other versions of the XBOX 360. The only difference is the lack of a Hard Drive. Yes, you can go online, you just use the 256MB memory card that comes with it. Profiles are hardly memory hoggers. Yes, you can buy a hard drive and use it on the arcade version. The only things you cannot do without a hard drive is XBOX emulation and XBOX Originals. DLC, Demos, Videos, Music and Pictures are all possible (although obviously, some DLC might be too big for your memory card, and you'll run out space eventually for media). Even XBLA titles can be downloaded onto your memory card.

The arcade version really isn't as gimped as people would make it out to be.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ffs people. Every 360 model can access live, Doomsday just likes to spread false information.

You can get online either by a wireless bridge (hooked to the 360 via ethernet), microsoft's wifi adaptor or connect your 360 to your router via ethernet.

Now Calm down and don't spread flase information unless it is really false doomsday so you don't cause confusion.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
Is the Xbox Arcade the same thing as the Core?
yes and no

its the same in the way of what doesnt come with it, the only difference is it comes with 5 free XBLA games, and a 256Mb memory card (oh and 95% of arcades i have seen are all falcon revision boards)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doomsday Forte said:

Summary?

Arcade is now $199, the 60GB model is a hundred dollars more for $299, and the 120GB Elite is now $399. This comes hot on the heels of a similar price drop in Japan, meaning that it is now lower in price than the Wii in both NA and JP.
In both NA and JP?
What about Europe, where it's been cheaper than the Wii for AGES?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Doomsday Forte said:

Summary?

In both NA and JP?
What about Europe, where it's been cheaper than the Wii for AGES?

No one cares about Europe, lol
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: esp if there's no time limits, gosh! Cum on already!