No PS3 price drop

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Linkiboy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Linkiboy
    OP

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193650.html?...estnews;title;0

"In the past, such moves have sparked tit-for-tat price wars. In 2004, Microsoft dropped the cost of the original Xbox to $149, only to see Sony do the same to the PlayStation 2 weeks later. Last summer, Sony discontinued the 60GB PS3 by pricing it to sell at $499--a move that was quickly followed by Microsoft discounting its Xbox 360 models to $279 (HDD-less Arcade), $349 (20GB Pro), and $449 (120GB Elite)."

2. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    I didn't expect one tbh. $400 is already a steal for everything you get.

3. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Sony pulled a dirty card out of their sleeve on that so-called 60GB price drop. It turned out to be a fire sale for the model being discontinued.

4. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Last July Sony said they had no plans for price drop. And a couple days later at E3, they officially announced the price drop.
    I've been following the rumours then and had placed and cancelled order of PS3 a few times =P

I eventually got one just after the price drop.

5. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    Sony can't afford to lose anymore money on the PS3. I personally doubt they will announce any kind of price drop any time soon.

6. XeonZ

XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2006
    United States
    Stato del sole
    Didn't expect one really. If they don't it could be a good for Microsoft to announce a price drop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice