Hardware X2VGA image quality

wiki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm thinking of getting a X2VGA2 so that I can plug my Wii into a 22inch lcd monitor. Does anyone know what the image quality is like? I've been browsing through various forums, and i'm getting mixed results. For example, some claim that there is red banding on the screen, the colours are washed out with a green tint.

If you have one, please give me your feedback and let me know if it's worth getting it. I don't expect superior hdmi quality, but i do expect component/vga level quality.

Also, as I live in Australia, does the company provide the appropriate power supply connector?

Thanks.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I couldn't know what the image quality is like since I've never used a X2VGA but for the power supply connection you can do 1 of two things...

After looking at their website the thing is powered by DC (I couldn't find the voltage) but you can buy an Australian AC to DC adapter that takes the 220V and outputs the DC voltage it requires.

Even easier would be if the device already supports 110/220 voltages and all you would need is a cheap adapter to change the US plug type to the AUS plug type. (note this is not a step-down converter---it's much cheaper than those)

wiki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, ill definitely refer back to this if i do get one.
As the x2vga uses DC input, would simply buying an australian dc adapter work, as opposed to what you have suggested? Eg, when i purchased a router from the US i simply replaced the adapter with an australian one. Worked perfectly.

the method you suggested seems to convert the voltage output of the supplied power adapter.

edit: It seems that the company provides the appropriate adapter. "The input of the power adapter we provide is AC 100~240V, and we will include an appropriate adapter plug to you according to where you located." So i guess i won't have to worry about that anymore. Thanks for helping though.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey jsut download WinDVR and install it.then connect your wii to the composite cable input on the back of your pc(if you have a tv tuner card).Then just launch WinDVR and go to settings and under tv i think change it from s-video to composite and it should work.

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hehe funny, they listed the ps3 in their list, i thought ps3 only has high definition connectors, no regurlar ones

btw jelbo, goddamit, i thought something was walking on my screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu