Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
1.) In my knowledge only the GAME partition is needed while playing. I never heard that deleting an update partition makes a game unplayable. I personally prefer complete backups (especially for testing and analyzing).

2.) no

anastazius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I'm missing something obvious, but I'm having problems with games crashing and wbfs2fat.exe recommends to use this app to verify and hopefully fix any problems with my wbfs drive. I can access the program in Windows CMD Prompt, and run www.exe VERIFY command, but it keeps saying 'error - no wbfs partition detected', how to I get it to 'look' at my 'f:' drive where my wii files are?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, tried my best to google for an answer and read this thread, but couldn't find anything.

Nickkk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
desairem.altervista.org
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi and thank you for these great tools!
I have two questions:

1) As the wit command filetype doesn't support the --sections flag, is it somehow possible to get the number of parts a game is split into? The list command doesn't seem to return this info. Actually I just want to move some games to the trash ... Maybe a command to get all the filenames of a split game could be useful.

2) I have some difficulty to run the wwt tool. Trying to run both wit and wwt from the terminal just gets me an alert saying I don't have the necessary permissions (even running them as an administrator). Running wit from inside Xcode (yes, I use Mac) in an NSTask just works fine, but trying to execute some simple command like wwt list --auto I get a kernel panic ... Already tried many times but as I don't wanna see my pc explode I'm just wondering if someone run into the same problem!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of WIA files I had stored on my PC and now I cant remember for the life of me how to convert them over to WBFS :( What's the exact cmd line code? I've tried inputing

Convert -s C:\WIA\test.wia -recurse C:\WBFS\ test.wbfs -B

This doesnt seem to work what am I doing wrong cause I'm reading the guides and I'm sure it's something simple :) Well thanks :)

EDIT: Just tried using qtWitGui (latest non-stable) and it works great except for crashing when trying to scan new games :( I just want to know if this app will be updated or can I just use an earlier version with the same benefits of converting wia to and from? Well thanks in advance :)

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about qtWitGUI. However, this command with WIT should work.

Code:
wit copy c:\WIA\*.wia c:\wbfs\*.wbfs

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Dear Wiimm,
is there a way to reference one file from two directory entries in a nintendo iso? I would like to delete a file from an iso but keep the directory entry to reference an other existing file.
Could this be made automagically/transparently by making symlinks under linux onto an ext filesystem and running wit copy directory iso creating mode?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know anything about qtWitGUI. However, this command with WIT should work.

Code:
wit copy c:\WIA\*.wia c:\wbfs\*.wbfs
Wrong, try this:
Code:
wit copy c:/WIA/*.wia c:/wbfs/ --wbfs

Dear Wiimm,
is there a way to reference one file from two directory entries in a nintendo iso? I would like to delete a file from an iso but keep the directory entry to reference an other existing file.
Could this be made automagically/transparently by making symlinks under linux onto an ext filesystem and running wit copy directory iso creating mode?
My tools don't support modifying an iso directly. Extract it, modify all you want (hard + soft links are allowed), and create a new image:
Code:
wit extract MY.iso workdir
# modify file in workdir
wit copy workdir NEW.iso --links

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I know I'm double posting but I'm trying to get the attention of Wiimm here...

As it currently stands i really enjoy your work but I'm slightly forced to use WiiBackupManager alongside your cmd line tools and here is the reason. When converting games it does not put it into the conventional method that usbloaders detect games but I am able to convert games to wbfs using wit and then just select the drive and games and tell it to update partition and it will fix the naming and sorting out.

Do you know what options I would need to input to place games in a Subfolder and the have the wbfs file renamed correctly? Well thanks in advance :)

EDIT: is there any way to split files into 4GB chuncks? I just noticed WBM did not split the file but kept the file as a whole 4.85GB so I had to convert wbfs to wbfs and wasted time. I'm just not sure if your app can split WIA to WBFS with 4GB split. Well thanks in advance :)

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wiimms-tools.png

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools v2.06a - 2012-06-15
A command line ISO+WBFS tool set for various os.

WIT (Wiimms ISO Tools) is a set of command line tools to manipulate Wii ISO images and WBFS containers. The two main tools are called wit (Wiimms ISO Tool) and wwt (Wiimms WBFS Tool, the WBFS manager).

Feature overview:
Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/features.html for more details.

Download of the current version:

There are also some GUI available:

Change log:

Code:
wit v2.06a r3832 - 2012-06-15

- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin DLL 1.7.15-1
- wit CERT --long: Print keys and signatures as hex or base64 dump.

The source is published under the license of GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the SVN repository or browse the source. Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/ for more information.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Give me an example for your "... place games in a Subfolder and the have the wbfs file renamed correctly?"
I need only one fully qualified path.
I think he means things like /wbfs/NAME [ID6]/ID6.wbfs which you might think "/wbfs/%X/%+" should do, but does not
or at least not anymore because I think I remember it working in the past

psyblade@[member='exile']:~/projects/wbfs2fat/test$ wit CP --progress --wbfs --split org/PARTY\ PACK\ for\ REVOLUTION\ \[RHAP01\]/RHAP01.wbfs ./%Y/%+
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.06a r3839 x86_64 - Dirk Clemens - 2012-06-17 *****
1 object scanned, 1 supported file found.
* COPY/SCRUB 1/1 WBFS:org/PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs -> WBFS:./PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs
!! wit: ERROR #26 [CAN'T CREATE FILE] in CopyImage() @ src/lib-sf.c#3034
!! Can't create temp file: ./PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me an example for your "... place games in a Subfolder and the have the wbfs file renamed correctly?"
I need only one fully qualified path.
I think he means things like /wbfs/NAME [ID6]/ID6.wbfs which you might think "/wbfs/%X/%+" should do, but does not
or at least not anymore because I think I remember it working in the past

psyblade@[member='exile']:~/projects/wbfs2fat/test$ wit CP --progress --wbfs --split org/PARTY\ PACK\ for\ REVOLUTION\ \[RHAP01\]/RHAP01.wbfs ./%Y/%+
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.06a r3839 x86_64 - Dirk Clemens - 2012-06-17 *****
1 object scanned, 1 supported file found.
* COPY/SCRUB 1/1 WBFS:org/PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs -> WBFS:./PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs
!! wit: ERROR #26 [CAN'T CREATE FILE] in CopyImage() @ src/lib-sf.c#3034
!! Can't create temp file: ./PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION [RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs
Yeah this is what I'm talking about :) like when your playing games with a usb loader games need to be in C:/wbfs/TITLE [TITLE ID]/***.wbfs
I'm just wondering if when converting to .WBFS with your app can it do the renaming and folder structure as well. Sorry for the late response

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wit don't create folders if not instructed by --DEST / -D (upper case letters) with one exception: The dest filename contains %-pattern. Now this don't work any longer -- reason unknown.

For the moment:
Code:
replace: wit copy ....  /wbfs/%x/%+
by:      wit copy ....  -D /wbfs/%x/%+

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
narrowed it down to the change in r2092 (trunk) or r2068 (branches)

I humbly suggest you think about:
making only commits that compile & run -> makes bisection a lot easier
smaller commits -> makes the result a lot more meaningfull
commit logs -> to remember wtf you did there

Reactions: 1 person

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
There is a hidden/private branch with much more (test-)files and meaningful logs. The svn contains only my SZS and WIT tools, 3830 commits in f.fname,fo->iod.oft);
SetupIOD(fo,oft,oft);
fo->src = fi;
- fo->f.create_directory = opt_mkdir;
+ if (opt_mkdir)
+ fo->f.create_directory = true;
fo->raw_mode = part_selector.whole_disc || !fi->f.id6_dest[0];

// [[id+]]
[/code]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)