Hacking wwt+wit: Wiimms WBFS+ISO Tools

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi:

I have several iso files. My wbfs partition is /dev/sdb1. I want to add all of them to the partition. How come following do not do it.
wwt add *.iso /dev/sd
or wwt add *.iso
There should be a wiims tools guide for Idiots!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nunavat2010 said:
So why does wwt keep resetting permissions. Also, it does not like
QUOTE said:
sudo wwt LS Did I mess up installing it?
Why am I doing this? I would like to increase my wbfs partition by copying/reformatting/copying.

I think the permissions are reset by udev not by wit
your sudo is not configured to let you run it
some distris let you run everything via sudo by default sme dont

there is a variety of solutions (from good to bad imho):
-config udev to set the right permissions for you to access the drive
-config sudo to let you exec wit
-make yourself a member of the group to which the drive belongs(disk probably - dont do it for the "root" group)
-run it as root by hand

I would use the oportunity to switch to FAT

as a TEMPORARY fukin ugly hack workaround you could run CODE
watch "chmod [whatever]"
while using wit

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I've been using WIT frequently to dump disc contents (FMVs mainly) and now recently to backup my games to WIA and without scrubbing. At first I thought I was making 1:1 backups by setting -psel RAW but I noticed that the garbage data that scrubbing takes care of is still intact. Isn't there a way for the WIA format to compress this junk data without discarding it?

I had a look at the psel options and I didn't understand a few of them. What do the PTAB0..PTAB3, ID, ALL, WHOLE do and what is the difference between ALL, WHOLE and RAW? They sound the same but I suspect they're not...

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
nunavat2010 said:
Hi:

I have several iso files. My wbfs partition is /dev/sdb1. I want to add all of them to the partition. How come following do not do it.
wwt add *.iso /dev/sd
or wwt add *.iso
There should be a wiims tools guide for Idiots!

Missing the WBFS partition definition.
Try --part /dev/xxxx (short_ -p /dev/xxxx) for specific partition or --auto (-a) for automatic detection. There is a third option: --all (-A): Add to all found partitions.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i remove update partition from my cISO images? Its unecessary disk space
frown.gif

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
Missing the WBFS partition definition.
Try --part /dev/xxxx (short_ -p /dev/xxxx) for specific partition or --auto (-a) for automatic detection. There is a third option: --all (-A): Add to all found partitions.
Thank you Wimm, it worked very nicely. I was able to use
Code:
wwt repair
successfully as CODE wwt LS
was giving errors regarding two unused blocks marked as used. Anyway that lead me to the following idea. Wiimm can I extend the wbfs partition the following way?
[*]Create another partition using the partition editor[*]Format it as wbfs using wwt format [*]Go to the partition editor and join those two partitions[*]Use wwt repair
Somewhere I read you can't extend the wbfs partitions, so I must be missing something here.
Thank you for your help.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Albatroz said:
how can i remove update partition from my cISO images? Its unecessary disk space
frown.gif

I found my answer. But, whats the best or, is there any diference to convert to sneek later?

wit cp --progress --psel data game.iso game.ciso
or
wit cp --progress --psel -update game.iso game.ciso

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Albatroz said:
Albatroz said:
frown.gif

I found my answer. But, whats the best or, is there any diference to convert to sneek later?

or
The first option will copy only the DATA partition. The second option will copy the DATA partition and ignore the UPDATE partition. Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and some other games have partitions other than the DATA partition. MK Wii has a channel to install (on the CHANNEL partition) and Brawl has several virtual console demos each on their own partition. Option two would copy these, option one would not. You're probably safe just using option one, but for preservation's sake it may be better to use #2.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
Albatroz said:
Albatroz said:
frown.gif

or
The first option will copy only the DATA partition. The second option will copy the DATA partition and ignore the UPDATE partition. Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and some other games have partitions other than the DATA partition. MK Wii has a channel to install (on the CHANNEL partition) and Brawl has several virtual console demos each on their own partition. Option two would copy these, option one would not. You're probably safe just using option one, but for preservation's sake it may be better to use #2.
Thx @W hat,, your answer was exactly i was looking for. I though opt #2 was safer too.

@Wiimm
i read that before posting,,, just wanna be sure about the best/safe option.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started copying some .iso files to .wia It is taking long time. I had 23 files and only 15 was done in 12 hrs (OK my ubuntu machine is a 9 year old sony (PCVV200g)). Now, it will take that long to put them back to a wbfs drive?

So, which format is better .wbfs or .ciso, if disk space is not a very bigconcern? Is scrubbing just takes out update partition only?

Thanks

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have many games on a USB drive. with
Code:
wwt verify -p /dev/sdb1
I get an !H1-ERR only for Super Smash Bros Brawal;, but that is expected as it is a trouble some game for backup loaders. But I get frozen screen with some other games. Would you think that is due to some hardware failure?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some more noobish questions about wit, forgive me please. Can I use wit to check that the game iso is officially signed? Can I use wit to verify the the hash is the tmd matches the disc? Can I use wit to check what language a game is set to use? Bascially I would like to check ssbb-pal, it loads for many people while others have issue. I would like to use wit to check the ssbb-pal iso and make sure there are no issues with it. Any help is appreciated.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To change the region of first.iso to NTSC-U
wouldn't you use
Code:
witÂÂcopy first.iso --region USA second.iso
To fake sign
Code:
 wit copy first.iso --modify NONE,TICKET,TMD second.iso
Just to test any command put a -t at the end like this
Code:
 wit copy first.iso --modify NONE,TICKET,TMD second.iso -t
and it will tell you what it is going (test mode) to do.
second.iso is your modified file, but you could use any format file (.iso, .wia, .wdf, .wbfs etc )
PS: I am a newbie with wiims tool too, but they are grrreat!

PPS: I just realized what mauifrog asking is way over my head, but at least this is a start, I said I am newbie.

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am having a problem building wiimms iso tools. I am running up-to-date archlinux, and get the following output: pastebin link.

Some googling suggests this is a locale issue, (more specifiaclly this thread does). It is supposedly fixed in the chakra ccr repos. I tracked down what I believe to be the package in question here, but the makefile patch seems to only change the install dir to build in the building directory.

If this IS a bug somhow, I would be very happy if it could be fixed. Sadly, there is no binary package availible in the arch repos, and I am not quite sure where in the system the qtwitgui package expects the wit-files to be. (And dread messing a round manually, putting files where my package manager should kep track of them.)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what patches are being applied to the original files? have you tried building from the original source without any patches?

and qtwitgui doesnt expect wit/wwt to be anywhere. there is a field in the settings where you tell the program where you have wiimms' tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back