Homebrew WUP Installer error 0xFFFCFFE9

Casis

I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. But I'm new to WiiU modding also. But when I get into something such as WiiU modding, I do a lot of research about it before I do anything. I love technology, so when I mod my consoles, or I learn new ways to do things with technology, I don't really do it to play games. I do it to learn more about the tech, I do it to learn more about the platform. It's more about learning new things, then being able to do more things on the console, that's how it is for me anyway. Lol

Dude, that is some inspirational stuff right there man •0• You're gonna be the next Bill Gates/Steve Jobs when you grow up. ^_^

Also since we're on the topic of this, I would like to download the DLC for Breath of the Wild through USB Helper. Would I just need to download and install the DLC files? Or do I have to download everything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try use other SD Card, it worked for me :)

Note: don't use an SD Card with hacks on it from other system like 3DS, it will NOT WORK!

Thing is I don't have another SD card that has enough space to carry games and such.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Idk. At least it worked for me. Have you tried without using CFW?

Actually I have not tried that before, so that's why I'm gonna go to this as my first attempt when I get home. Seems the most simple fix out of all the other methods I was told about, so hoping it works !

Reactions: TheTechGenius

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe something got corrupted. Did you try to reformat your SD Card?

Backup your entire SD Card and put the files on your SD Card in a safe place. Format your SD Card using GUIFormat, don't use Windows to format your SD Card. Format your SD Card in Fat32 with 32K Cluster.

After you formatted your SD Card, transfer all your files back to your SD Card and try installing again.

Also, make sure your using the latest version of WUP Installer GX2.

And if your trying to install a Virtual Console game or any DLC, you must be running a CFW with Sigpatches first before you try to install it. DLC and VC games won't install without sigpatches.

Did all of this and it still did not work. Perhaps it is my CFW that might be the issue, but it confuses me because this is what I used to install BotW. So I need something called RedNAND, right?

Last edited by Casis,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u don't need redNAND. even though mine (still have it) hasn't corrupted, it's just a matter of time for anyone's. lol try normal sysNAND with sig patches - default = sysNAND in the haxchi config text. if this doesn't work, it's ur card.

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u don't need redNAND. even though mine (still have it) hasn't corrupted, it's just a matter of time for anyone's. lol try normal sysNAND with sig patches - default = sysNAND in the haxchi config text. if this doesn't work, it's ur card.

I found the config text, and this is what I see.
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
a=sysmenu
b=wiiu/apps/wup_installer_gx2/wup_installer_gx2.elf
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
y=wiiu/apps/appstore/hbas.elf
l=wiiu/apps/retro_launcher/retro_launcher.elf
r=wiiu/apps/nnupatcher/nnupatcher.elf
down=wiiu/apps/hidtovpad/hidtovpad.elf
up=wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf

Where it says default, just change the "wiiu/apps/..." text to sysNAND?

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hint; Prettier Banners
More hints: It's sysNAND compatible version
So... I should go get the download from the iAqua person he mentioned? Not sure if this was directed towards me or godreborn.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the config text, and this is what I see.
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
a=sysmenu
b=wiiu/apps/wup_installer_gx2/wup_installer_gx2.elf
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
y=wiiu/apps/appstore/hbas.elf
l=wiiu/apps/retro_launcher/retro_launcher.elf
r=wiiu/apps/nnupatcher/nnupatcher.elf
down=wiiu/apps/hidtovpad/hidtovpad.elf
up=wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf

Where it says default, just change the "wiiu/apps/..." text to sysNAND?

yes, change it to default = sysNAND. try that first. it should work the only reason I suggest system config tool is that it tells u a little info about what's wrong. from what I remember, wup installer just gives an error code. u could look that error code up, but u did? u said it meant u had no sd card inserted?

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, change it to default = sysNAND. try that first. it should work the only reason I suggest system config tool is that it tells u a little info about what's wrong. from what I remember, wup installer just gives an error code. u could look that error code up, but u did? u said it meant u had no sd card inserted?

Thing is, I load homebrew through the web browser. If this will only work by having a separate channel to load homebrew, then I can learn how to set that up without you going through the hassle of linking me to tutorials.

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all good, you might want to um... take some medicine for that 0.0

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKAY NOW WE MADE SOME PROGRESS! So things seem to be okay as to GX2 being able to install something, but I'm only installing the DLC for BotW. In other words, I am currently installing the DLC for Breath of the Wild as we speak, and it doesn't look like it's giving me any errors. I haven't tried Hyrule Warriors yet but I believe that the problem could be the copy of Hyrule Warriors I got. It's weird because I did get it from USBHelper and the update and dlc and everything, and when I would try to install the game, I would only select the option to install the main game, not the update and DLC all at once. So I'm guessing I just got a bad copy of Hyrule Warriors from USBHelper, or maybe a file or two got corrupted during the download, but it didn't give me any notification of any possible corrupted file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the installable files install a ticket to the NAND, then the game to the mlc NAND or to the usb. there also seems to be a metadata indexer of some sort during installation which is y u can't simply drag and drop files. there's also an algorithm involved in installing the ticket and assigning it a tik file. those two things (perhaps more) prevent dragging and dropping, because what happens is the files r extracted like a loadiine dump. it's unlikely u have a bad file, though it's possible, due to the extraction process. most likely the game would fail extraction.

btw, I don't have any medicine for that. :) it's just from over sleeping. I'm starting to feel a little better, but I'm still sleepy.

Casis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the installable files install a ticket to the NAND, then the game to the mlc NAND or to the usb. there also seems to be a metadata indexer of some sort during installation which is y u can't simply drag and drop files. there's also an algorithm involved in installing the ticket and assigning it a tik file. those two things (perhaps more) prevent dragging and dropping, because what happens is the files r extracted like a loadiine dump. it's unlikely u have a bad file, though it's possible, due to the extraction process. most likely the game would fail extraction.

btw, I don't have any medicine for that. :) it's just from over sleeping. I'm starting to feel a little better, but I'm still sleepy.

I'm going to be straight up honest, I did not understand a single part of that. Sorry, my noob level is quite high... BUT! I did not simply perform a drag and drop the first time, but mainly used USBHelper to copy the files to the SD card. However, I did have to drag and drop everything back in when I reformatted my SD card. I'm going to start a new download of the game and try this whole thing again. This time, just the game and update, not the DLC just yet.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only meant that the game is basically a loadiine rip once it's on the console. I'm not exactly sure how the installation process works but that seems to be the case. u can modify files once they're in that state. u may need an extracting for say something psarc files. ...but yeah. I didn't imply u extracted the game. I simply meant the game is extracted on to the system with a few additions. I was saying that it would likely fail extraction if one of the files was corrupted resulting in an error. I'm sure it's possible to not fail though, but it's unlikely to happen. I would suggest doing what ur doing if ur having problems with that game.

Reactions: Casis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you