Hacking WTF?!

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF has just happened?
I've been playing with my DSi with the SC2, playing with the GBA emulator, and then, while using real time save (playing Pokemon Emerald), I got a sudden error.
So I turned the DSi off and then on, and it wouldn't let me enter the SC2.
After connecting the MicroSD card to the PC, I saw that everything has been deleted.
WTF did happen? why did it happen?!
Is there any way to bring back the lost files?

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This might happen to others too. I have a DSTWO as well and if this happens to me I would crap. It seems that this flashcart wasn't perfect after all.

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance linking for one?
Sorry, I'm just scared to make a mistake - I've been playing my Pokemon Emerald for AGES and caught over 100 shinies (using the RNG), and I really don't want to screw it.

Thanks for the heads up btw.

FlashX007 said:
This might happen to others too. I have a DSTWO as well and if this happens to me I would crap. It seems that this flashcart wasn't perfect after all.

Yea, I feel sorry I bought it now...
frown.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you have better cheats? I tried using what cheats.gbatemp.net had but it wasn't all there. I can't make my own cheats either with that maker.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's what happens if you rush things. You find bugs and glitches that should've been fixed before release.

Anyway, try a recovery program.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had a feeling a bug like this would come up luckily I don't really over use it much. Well I do but I went from GBA to DS again.

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
Did you have better cheats? I tried using what cheats.gbatemp.net had but it wasn't all there. I can't make my own cheats either with that maker.

Actually, I wasn't using any cheats what so ever (RNG is a technique to get legit shinies without cheating).

Thanks for the replays, I guess I'll try what you offered, tk_saturn.

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it, I used recuva and scanned the card, but it showed no results.
What should I do now?
cry.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it is a possibility that the main reason this happened is because of the SuperCard, it may also be because of a Micro SD failure. What type of Micro SD are you using?

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk 8GB.
Had it for 2 years, been using it on my R4 and AK2i, and had no problems with it what so ever.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it could be 2 problems, the real time save feature or the micro sd has fried for some reason, i don't like rts myself for obvious reasons, you can try and see if micro sd works in other stuff and then try to defrag, check connectors on supercard dstwo to make sure they are clean, try the reovery tools supplied in this topic, make sure that your supercard is not dead, put another micro sd card in there and see if it still works, you can rule it out if it does or does not boot.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using Linux to access it, that might work even if Windows can't for some reason. First make a backup image of the microsd (dd if=/dev/sdb of=output.img) and then use dosfsck. For some reason dosfsck can fix things that chkdsk can't including a bad free cluster summary and the fact that some homebrew (that uses an older libfat) only update the first FAT (i.e. FATs differ but appear to be intact).

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Try using Linux to access it, that might work even if Windows can't for some reason. First make a backup image of the microsd (dd if=/dev/sdb of=output.img) and then use dosfsck. For some reason dosfsck can fix things that chkdsk can't including a bad free cluster summary and the fact that some homebrew (that uses an older libfat) only update the first FAT (i.e. FATs differ but appear to be intact).

Thanks for trying to help, but I didn't really get that.
Could you please explain? Thanks
smile.gif

Escape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
it could be 2 problems, the real time save feature or the micro sd has fried for some reason, i don't like rts myself for obvious reasons, you can try and see if micro sd works in other stuff and then try to defrag, check connectors on supercard dstwo to make sure they are clean, try the reovery tools supplied in this topic, make sure that your supercard is not dead, put another micro sd card in there and see if it still works, you can rule it out if it does or does not boot.

I'm pretty sure the MicroSD is just fine, and I can't really check if it still works, because I'm trying to backup my deleted files using EasyRecovery.
Even though this program does work, it shows me only like half the things that were deleted (and Pokemon Emerald save file isn't one of them
frown.gif
), but the problem is - I can only recover one file each scan, and each scan takes about 10 minuets.
Does anyone have a crack for this software by any chance? I've been trying to search on google, but I couldn't find anything.

A different MicroSD card works on the SC2 (2GB), so I don't think that it's dead.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Escape said:
jalaneme said:

I'm pretty sure the MicroSD is just fine, and I can't really check if it still works, because I'm trying to backup my deleted files using EasyRecovery.
Even though this program does work, it shows me only like half the things that were deleted (and Pokemon Emerald save file isn't one of them
frown.gif
), but the problem is - I can only recover one file each scan, and each scan takes about 10 minuets.
Does anyone have a crack for this software by any chance? I've been trying to search on google, but I couldn't find anything.

A different MicroSD card works on the SC2 (2GB), so I don't think that it's dead.
Try Zero Assumption Recovery. works like a dream for me, I recovered so many files with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?