Hacking WTF Super Mario Odyssey Firmware-Update again?

Pepepuhn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, everyone.
I have been trying to get full RAM Access for Homebrew Menu in order to play some Retroarch using Atmosphere. However most roms won't start using the Mupen64plus-Next core.
I tried it with King of Fighters 98 from the Switch eShop and the Photo Album. Both didn't work.

So I figured I probably need a physical Game Cartridge. I once owned Super Mario Odyssey, back when it was released, and upgraded with it my Switch Firmware to version 3.0.1. Then I sold Super Mario Odyssey.
I now bought again Super Mario Odyssey, hoping I could launch Homebrew Menu with it.

BUT now it tells me in order to play that game, that I need to update my firmware again. WTF. I thought Super Mario Odyssey just needs 3.0.1.

So what do I do now?
Is it safe for me to upgrade?
To what version will it be upgraded? When I take a look at http://www.nswdb.com/ it says 3.0.2.
Does RCM and Atmosphere then still work?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, everyone.
I have been trying to get full RAM Access for Homebrew Menu in order to play some Retroarch using Atmosphere. However most roms won't start using the Mupen64plus-Next core.
I tried it with King of Fighters 98 from the Switch eShop and the Photo Album. Both didn't work.

So I figured I probably need a physical Game Cartridge. I once owned Super Mario Odyssey, back when it was released, and upgraded with it my Switch Firmware to version 3.0.1. Then I sold Super Mario Odyssey.
I now bought again Super Mario Odyssey, hoping I could launch Homebrew Menu with it.

BUT now it tells me in order to play that game, that I need to update my firmware again. WTF. I thought Super Mario Odyssey just needs 3.0.1.

So what do I do now?
Is it safe for me to upgrade?
To what version will it be upgraded? When I take a look at http://www.nswdb.com/ it says 3.0.2.
Does RCM and Atmosphere then still work?

if you update online, you risk a ban

you don't need a game to get ram access, just install retroarch nsp or use the latest version of atmosphere

D

Deleted User

if you get spammed with that check my guide out how to delete Firm Updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...