WTF Super Mario Odyssey Firmware-Update again?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Pepepuhn, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Pepepuhn
    OP

Pepepuhn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Germany
    Hi, everyone.
    I have been trying to get full RAM Access for Homebrew Menu in order to play some Retroarch using Atmosphere. However most roms won't start using the Mupen64plus-Next core.
    I tried it with King of Fighters 98 from the Switch eShop and the Photo Album. Both didn't work.

So I figured I probably need a physical Game Cartridge. I once owned Super Mario Odyssey, back when it was released, and upgraded with it my Switch Firmware to version 3.0.1. Then I sold Super Mario Odyssey.
    I now bought again Super Mario Odyssey, hoping I could launch Homebrew Menu with it.

BUT now it tells me in order to play that game, that I need to update my firmware again. WTF. I thought Super Mario Odyssey just needs 3.0.1.

So what do I do now?
    Is it safe for me to upgrade?
    To what version will it be upgraded? When I take a look at http://www.nswdb.com/ it says 3.0.2.
    Does RCM and Atmosphere then still work?

2. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    if you update online, you risk a ban

you don't need a game to get ram access, just install retroarch nsp or use the latest version of atmosphere

3. Pepepuhn
    OP

Pepepuhn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Germany
  4. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    if you get spammed with that check my guide out how to delete Firm Updates