• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

D

Deleted User

You guys in all your other countries must think your land is perfect, huh? No country is perfect. What about the London bombings? You don't see Americans saying, 'Boy those people in the UK must be really messed up to do that.' And before you bash the U.S., wonder why there are so many immigrants.

The only people originally in America were the Native Americans. Everybody else in the U.S. is from YOUR country. You're the ones bringing all this over here.

Ok, I've heard a lot of stupid people say stupid things ... but this takes the cake. I was born in Canada ... which makes me a CANADIAN, even if I have chinese parents.

EDIT:

Just to add, I'm not bashing Americans. I'm just saying that they should DO something about it ... and why not start with having stricter gun laws? And for you Americans that are taking this WAY too personally ... DON'T. I'm not attacking you. I'm not saying that you're a lunatic who wields guns and shoots up their school. So, grow up and don't make any personal attacks on me ... like that other guy calling me an asstard. Gee, people don't know how to argue sensibly these days. They throw logic out the window and abandon any pretense of trying to make sense or engage in a sensible discussion.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My point is, you can't blame the incident because America is 'screwed up.' America is formed out of immigrants from practically every other country out there. So think about the fact that all these crimes are caused because people from another country moved here and started doing their thing. You're blaming the country for these deaths at Virginia Tech, but in my opinion, the fault is on the global scale.

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My point is, you can't blame the incident because America is 'screwed up.' America is formed out of immigrants from practically every other country out there. So think about the fact that all these crimes are caused because people from another country moved here and started doing their thing. You're blaming the country for these deaths at Virginia Tech, but in my opinion, the fault is on the global scale.

Please just stop posting and think before you post. Can you prove that half the crimes that been cause in America is started by none white people? Come on man this is just your personal attack on other races and its also stated as a racist comment. America is mess up due to firearm been public open to all.. Countries problems occur everywhere no matter what the race are..

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry but that comment makes no sense. You can't blame diversity in population for the problem when less than 20 million of the poplation in the US is from ethnic minoritys such as Asians and other nations.

8% of the UKs population are from an ethnic minority so the percentages is close to the USAs.

No-one is saying "America is Screwed Up" America's laws on guns are screwed up, the global scale is definately not the problem.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem with gun control is that there is no way we can ban guns. I would love to see guns banned, but the right to bare arms is protected by the Constitution of America. I'm a former U.S. Army soldier and I worked with guns all the time. I have no need for guns, so I don't own one, but my cousins love them and own them. For every person like me that are anti-guns, there are
2 people that are pro-guns. To change the laws, we must first change the minds and hearts of the pro-guns people. That's easier said than done.

D

Deleted User

OMFG ... but these people are living under the American government ... American laws. You can't say it's a global thing. I seriously don't understand your train of thought. How about the people born in America? So according to you ... can we blame the Afraicans only then? Since all humans originated from a species that developed in the continent of Africa. BLAME AFRICA! W00t!

You make it sound like people come over to America on planes ... get out of the airport and start a riot ... hop back onto the planes and go back home.

People like you give me headaches. You can't start blaming people in Japan for this. Firstly, the only blame are on the gunmen. What I'm trying to get across is the fact that ... you can control these violent acts by controlling the weapons used. I'm fine with people debating the fact that it doesno't make a difference. There's two sides to the story. But you're bringing in a third perspective that's ... absolute nonsense.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ok, I've heard a lot of stupid people say stupid things ... but this takes the cake. I was born in Canada ... which makes me a CANADIAN, even if I have chinese parents.

In case you were wondering, the topic is about shootings in VirginiaTech. Since then, numerous people on this forum have voiced their disapproval of Americans. I'm presenting a rebuttal, saying that it's not productive to insult the American nationality, because after all, our ancestors are YOUR ancestors, making us an intertwined people. The fault is not just ours.

Your points are:
1. You are a Canadian and have Chinese parents.
2. You considered my comment stupid.

The first point you make is irrelevant. The second point you make is subjective to the audience.

Total relative data in the aforementioned post: zero.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Oh and you may want to look at this site http://www.vpc.org/studies/start3.htm details 10 school shootings and 8 were by white americans and 2 by ethnic minorities thats if you can even call African American a minority any more.

I think your comments are on the verge of becoming racist so please stop posting about other countires and immigrants been the reason for all these killings.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't blame this on the difference in nationality, it's mostly drugs and medication that makes people crazy.

EDIT: I'd rather trust a black friend then a white friend.

Q~

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

In case you were wondering, the topic is about shootings in VirginiaTech. Since then, numerous people on this forum have voiced their disapproval of Americans. I'm presenting a rebuttal, saying that it's not productive to insult the American nationality, because after all, our ancestors are YOUR ancestors, making us an intertwined people. The fault is not just ours.

Your points are:

The first point you make is irrelevant. The second point you make is subjective to the audience.

OMG, don't you get it yet, yes we share ancestors but American follows it's own set of laws. If the US followed UK laws or Spanish Laws or French Laws or Canadian Laws or any other and the numbers were the same you;d have a valid point but as it stands you don't.

plus his point is not irrelavent what he's trying to say is he may have a chinese parents but he his still a Canadian citizen and so lives like a canadian would, when life in China may be different. Just like people from different ethnic groups that are born in American and brought up in America are still Americans.

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanatos-Drive listen if you live in a country, you follow their rules and laws like other members stated. If that rules or laws been broken by the citizens within the country then its the country fault not the globe scale fault.. Just stop with the stupid and racist comments about how its other country or people from other country did that..

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanatos-Drive, you've made me lose interest in this discussion. Your comments are going way too off topic even though you say they are not. As everyone else has said, you're comments are borderline racist.

EDIT: edited, ok im done...

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:

Your points are:

I guess you fail to notice that people who live in America are Americans. So if you're going to point any fingers ... don't point them to anyone outside of America for it. I'm not even BLAMING America ... I'm just voicing an opinion on a solution as to how to avoid these situations in the future. Ancestors mean nothing. My parents are from China ... they gave birth to me in Canada ... I go kill some people ... now China is involved somehow?

You are dead to me.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're all misunderstanding me.

I'm trying to say, Americans aren't bad people. You can't look at this one event like it's a totally unique American flaw. Look at the big picture and realize, we're all still humans. We have FLAWS. It's not like America is a horrible melting pot of criminals. I am saying, if you want to blame the nation, look at yourselves first. I brought in the racial-ethnicity factor to make you all realize we have a common link in America that is especially PREVALENT: the fact that we are made of everyone else as well. I'm not being racist, I'm trying to show a common link.

And YES, people in previous pages of this thread have voiced dissaproval. THey have gone so far as to call Americans 'fucked up.' I'm talking about:

QUOTE said:
This is the 19th school shooting in 10 years.

America is so fucked up...

QUOTE said:
P.S. America really is fucked up, thats the truth of it. I would rather not rant on why this is the case but everyone knows its true.

There MUST be something wrong with America. You don't see this happening in Canada. It's no coincidence that most of the school massacres happen in the US. It's just WAY too easy to own a gun in America. I'm not putting down Americans in general, just their laws ... and their president for that matter. tongue.gif

Guns don't kill people? People kill people? Yeah, with what? GUNS!

EDIT: To prevent double post.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are totally getting off topic and lets just agree to disagree. People from outside America will never like America or understand our society and the same goes to the people in America, we will never understand how they think. Let us remember that 33 people lost their lives in Virginia today. I don't want fight with anybody here about why this happened. We can only blame one person and that's the killer.

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please if a mod reading this, please close this thread.. Thanatos-Drive how the hell can you blame the nation when this happen within U.S. Come on man this is just you saying bullshit and doing personal attack on other races. Your comments are racist and it also show what kind of person you are.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're all misunderstanding me.

I'm trying to say, Americans aren't bad people. You can't look at this one event like it's a totally unique American flaw. Look at the big picture and realize, we're all still humans. We have FLAWS. It's not like America is a horrible melting pot of criminals. I am saying, if you want to blame the nation, look at yourselves first.

And YES, people in previous pages of this thread have voiced dissaproval. THey have gone so far as to call Americans 'fucked up.' I'm talking about:

QUOTE said:
This is the 19th school shooting in 10 years.

America is so fucked up...

QUOTE said:
P.S. America really is fucked up, thats the truth of it. I would rather not rant on why this is the case but everyone knows its true.

QUOTEThere MUST be something wrong with America. You don't see this happening in Canada. It's no coincidence that most of the school massacres happen in the US. It's just WAY too easy to own a gun in America. I'm not putting down Americans in general, just their laws ... and their president for that matter. tongue.gif

Guns don't kill people? People kill people? Yeah, with what? GUNS!

You have a point the first two comments are just aimed at America but the last comment is valid because it is way too easy to own a gun in America.

But again with the "if you want to blame the nation, look at yourselves first."
why? it makes no sense, the nations we live in don't have anywhere near the amount of killingd and it isn't like America's population has been formed in the last 10 years. Again I'm not saying America is fucked up. The laws on guns and firearms are what is wrong with America and the whole view on owning weapons.

D

Deleted User

grog.gif
We are totally getting off topic and lets just agree to disagree.People from outside America will never like America or understand our society and the same goes to the people in America, we will never understand how they think. Let us remember that 33 people lost their lives in Virginia today. I don't want fight with anybody here about why this happened. We can only blame one person and that's the killer.

Amen to that. (although I'm an atheist) ... but Amen! I guess it's only natural to be patriotic isn't it? Us Canadians aren't so much different from you Americans anyhow. Except for our accents ... or your accents. And our superior beer.
grog.gif

I was just watching the news ... and the death toll in Iraq is like 3000 ... it makes me sad how so many deaths become just a number in a statistic. And 33 killed in the massacre. That's a lot of familes and loved ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: