Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jaxxster, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007
  1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    I know, shocked me too, even though I live in California....

Seriously... Now i gotta be freakin scared to go to school cause I might get shot... [​IMG]

3. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Another monkey goes mad... film at eleven.

Hits close to home here, my dad worked at an apartment complex near the school that mainly housed college students.

Sad.

4. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Saw it all over the news, I really don't have any words. Condolences to the families and friends of them.

5. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    That's horrific.

*edit*

But a bomb blast killed over 50 people in Iraq yesterday in an act of senseless violence. It kinda makes you think about these senseless deaths.

6. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    This is the 19th school shooting in 10 years.

America is so fucked up...

7. galaxykidgamma

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    alot of my friends go to tech and i've confirmed that alot of them are okay but i'm still waiting to hear from a few, i'm pretty confused right now, all i can do is hope for the best

8. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

9. BMH

Newcomer BMH Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Agreed. These shootings keep on happening in America and no one is doing anything about them. It's not video games or a bad youth that kill other people, it's guns!

There are always crazy people who will try to kill others. Just don't give them a chance to cause massive damage. Ban guns you trigger happy Americans.

10. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    You can't blame a country for the shooting, it was an act of a deranged person. Your comment was uncalled for and was very insensitive.

11. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    And a sick society that places possesions/wealth over people.

12. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    A couple of my friends to there as well. I still havent heard back from any of them.

P.S. America really is fucked up, thats the truth of it. I would rather not rant on why this is the case but everyone knows its true.

13. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I also agree, but a country that values the right to bare arms, more than they do human life, this is just not going to happen.

14. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    The right to bare arms is protected by the Constitution of America. Many have tried to ban guns, but there are organizations like the NRA(National Rifle Association) that oppose them. And guns don't kill people, people kill people, there will always be crazy people out there. If you have to blame someone, blame the shooter.

15. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I disagree. Haven't you ever heard the saying 'if you ban guns, only criminals will own guns'.

Think about it, if this guy was willing to do that, don't you think he'd have found a gun whether illegal or not?

16. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    There MUST be something wrong with America. You don't see this happening in Canada. It's no coincidence that most of the school massacres happen in the US. It's just WAY too easy to own a gun in America. I'm not putting down Americans in general, just their laws ... and their president for that matter. [​IMG]

Guns don't kill people? People kill people? Yeah, with what? GUNS!

17. galaxykidgamma

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'm a little bit offended by these anti-america comments, remember that america is a country made up of people too that don't necessarily agree with the way things are conducted either. assuming that guns can just be taken away is extremely ignorant. Maybe in a place with less violence or that has historically less of a need for them, but if you were to take away guns in America, i guarantee you that things would be much worse, there would be chaos and a pretty bad scene with crime. america isn't fucked up, certain americans are fucked up, just like certain citizens of X country are fucked up

edit: yah, banning guns itself is a such a stupid idea i can't imagine anyone assigning it any merit, those who use guns wrongly aren't going to care whether they're legal or not

18. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    stuff like this really shouldnt happen but it does anyway, thansk to all the crazy people out there

I read about this on digg already though

Edit: America isnt the only place that has all this stuff happening, look at the middle east, theres a lot of stuff happening there and i dont see anyone bashing them for suicide bombs........... Why does everyone have to insult america?

19. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    aslacker55 you are right that people kill people, but if these people couldn't get hold of guns then there would be less killings.

US has 8259 killing by firearms, the only other countries in the thousands are Mexico, Columbia, Thailand and South Africa, and these are pretty corrupt countries when compared to the US etc.

By comparison, Austrlia has 59, UK has 62, Spain 97 and Germany 384. I know these countries have less people but only by a factor of about 5 and the simpl;e reason why is because guns are harder to get in these countries.

20. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    What's wrong with the US Gun policy. Seems like firearms are easily accessible.